MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It (the interview) is MSM & speaks for itself.

No retraction on my part necessary!

Who was the person that called the Chief to report JC burning? Will we ever know?

it would not be slander unless you said publicly what exactly the chief knows, and that info would have to incriminate him or insinuate that he is interfering with an investigation. it is within his right, and probably job dutiy, to keep any knowledge he has confidential. even if he knows who the killer is and you tell the world that he knows, in his position, it's not slander bc it should be his duty to maintain confidentiality. telling people that he knows what or who did what does not damage his rep. (unless you're saying that he's hiding info and hindering the investigation).

"They are unlikely to even have basic lab tests back so soon"

please name some basic lab tests used in criminal investigations like this one that take over a month to get results from thank you.

If she was able to call 911, she would be able to give LE more information on what happened and who did it. Perhaps she did and LE may know who did it but must build a solid case and cannot risk the perp getting aquitted or found not guilty. My guess is she didn't call.

Her phone was found. The battery had been removed and discarded nearby. How could she have made a call?

cassandra rudd for shoplifting and Mister Boone (Mista) for disorderly conduct.

http://www.panolian.com/contentitem/165674/1180/city-court-021910

and in 2010 for violation of early release for Boone.

http://www.panolian.com/contentitem/165833/1180/arrest-log-022310

and Rachel Mister
http://www.panolian.com/contentitem/187481/1180/city-court-090310

so is Derrick Turner related to George Mister (Jr & Sr & the third, there are 3, each of a different generation, apparently), as a Turner is Mr Mister's sister?
http://www.panolian.com/contentitem/8849/1180/obituaries-72707

Don't you think it is odd if she spoke to all those people that she never gave a complete name and a motive? From there it would not take much to get to the truth, imo. Things fall into place quickly when you are going down the right path to the truth.

I couldn't agree with your last sentence there more! But with your first - I'm not as sold.

To your last point, and to the contrary: it requires more leaps of faith in my thinking to believe this was a self-inflicted or suicidal action. There are a few ways of looking at this to suggest that's the case, but here are a bunch off the top of my head:

1) # of people who die against their will (murder or accident) via fire vs. # of people who choose to die (suicide, protest) via fire - how does this compare?

2) Friends and family testimony - was Jessica making plans for her future and/or looking forward to upcoming plans? Is there anything to suggest she may have been very depressed or contemplating suicide or has she attempted any sort of self-harm in the past? This isn't necessarily an either/or, just two lists to consider.

3) Source of the accelerant, typified only as "a flammable liquid" by reports (credible sources) - What was it and what was the source? Was there a container? If so, were there remnants of a container (melted plastic, metal, etc.) in or around the vehicle? If not, what might the original source have been + from where? Let's stop and brainstorm *how* an accelerant could have come to be in Jessica's car and on her person.

4) Credible reports that say investigators believe there is a "strong possibility" someone else was also in the vehicle that evening. Worth considering.

5) Jessica's phone records, computer, personal letters, journal, etc. - These will have been searched and may point one way or the other as to suicide or lack thereof.

6) Witness testimony of the fire chief + first responders, some of which has been kept confidential from the public. If what Jessica was able to communicate was anything suggestive of self-inflicted harm, why is there a search for a killer? If she was suggesting someone else had hurt her, why is there a question of suicide?

7) If she was indeed found *outside* of her vehicle, which was in flames, that suggests she was trying to get out or away from it. For all the hearsay + rumors, I have not heard a single report that said she was INSIDE her burning car when firefighters arrived at the scene. How does this compare with known cases of people who committed suicide by fire in cars? (Do they stay inside willfully or does a survival instinct kick in to exit the car?)

8) Autopsy report results. These are not disclosed publicly at this time. There may be indications of other injuries and, if any, expert analysis can rule in or out whether these were self-inflicted.

please name some basic lab tests used in criminal investigations like this one that take over a month to get results from thank you.

toxicology screens can take weeks. Lab analysis of lung, throat tissues can take weeks.

YES! Or a long, historical portrait ala Mitchner. WOW. Who would have thought that a tiny little rural southern town could have a compelling story like this one! I have been entertaining myself for 4 weeks, just checking out names and histories and trying to put this puzzle together. JMO

Why do you suppose there are so many beloved American authors who are Southern? ;-) Characters aplenty. Then again, maybe that's more to do with the small-town angle, but I've found Southerners to be more busybodies (in the best way!) than perhaps elsewhere in the country.

has there been info coming out about where the fire started? that would be very telling if it started inside instead of from the exterior. seems like info they haven't released yet.

The inside of the car was destroyed by fire.

Why do you suppose there are so many beloved American authors who are Southern? ;-) Characters aplenty. Then again, maybe that's more to do with the small-town angle, but I've found Southerners to be more busybodies (in the best way!) than perhaps elsewhere in the country.

John Grisham is from that neck of the woods......

toxicology screens can take weeks. Lab analysis of lung, throat tissues can take weeks.

basic tox screens routinely come back well inside of a month, we have seen this in many cases. tissue analysis can take years i suppose but is also done inside of a month when needed.

Rolling Meth Lab;

"The dangers of transporting a shake and bake lab are similar to those of transporting anhydrous ammonia. If the bottle turns on its side and certain ingredients combine with each other, an explosion can occur.[9] This is because an organic solvent such as Coleman fuel is often exposed to lithium and water when the bottle tips, and when water hits lithium it will cause reactions leading to combustion.[10]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_meth_lab

IIRC there was damage to the right rear quarter panel of her car. If she was transporting a "shake and bake" and was accidently rear ended an explosion could occur, causing her to run off the road and crash.

Very bad these meth labs.

The police said it was a homicide:
"The death of a 19-year-old Panola County, Mississippi woman who was found badly burned on a road near her burning car Saturday is being investigated as a homicide, and police are searching for her killer."
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jessica...pect-who-fatally-lit-mississippi-teen-aflame/

If it was an accident, there should be some explanation why she was on that particular road, as it doesn't seem to lead anywhere particular. And if it was a suicide, why would she have first stopped by a party, per CW? Also, I don't see why LE would go about investigating it as a homicide, given the cost of doing so and the federal investigators that have come to Panola County.

The only thing that makes me not rule out suicide is the duration of the phone call with her mother. IDK what to make of that. It seems excessive, unless something else was going on.

Re: her giving a name to the fire chief: Maybe the name wasn't as clear as he or the press makes it out to be, given the extent of her injury. She may have been trying to ID who did it but couldn't get the name out clearly enough. Just a thought ...

Not a criminal case but Actor Robin Williams' autopsy took almost 2 months. He died on August 11th and the results were not announced until November 7th.

If it was an accident, there should be some explanation why she was on that particular road, as it doesn't seem to lead anywhere particular. And if it was a suicide, why would she have first stopped by a party, per CW? Also, I don't see why LE would go about investigating it as a homicide, given the cost of doing so and the federal investigators that have come to Panola County.

The only thing that makes me not rule out suicide is the duration of the phone call with her mother. IDK what to make of that. It seems excessive, unless something else was going on.

Re: her giving a name to the fire chief: Maybe the name wasn't as clear as he or the press makes it out to be, given the extent of her injury. She may have been trying to ID who did it but couldn't get the name out clearly enough. Just a thought ...

I agree the length of the phone call seems excessive and I think that is an indication something was going on. Such as she was being followed or she didn't want to be bothered by someone.

JMO

There is another case I have been following, a case of a missing baby, Delano Wilson. This case is in no way related to Jessica's, however it is a prime example of how lab results can take longer than some might expect due to a backlog at the lab. "DNA testing also has a lengthy backlog of cases. While the lab has a goal of turning around results in six weeks, testing usually takes three months or longer"(http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...n-county-crime-lab-means-delays-in-1742-cases). This is a case out of Indiana, and once again, in no way related to Jessica's case. As 'active' as Panola county's crime circuit seems to be, I wouldn't be surprised if the labs there were backlogged as well (MOO).

I'd be more inclined to believe mobile meth lab gone wrong than a suicide or car accident (um, one that is not due to said hypothetical mobile meth lab)...

As for autopsies - yes, they can take some time... but what about death certificate? There is typically a section called "Manner of Death" and the options are Natural, Accident, Suicide, Homicide, Undetermined, or Pending. We know that the cause of death according to the County Coroner was "thermal injuries," but was the recorded manner given? (Note: I can see how "Pending" would be a wise choice given the circumstances, but I wonder if "Homicide" was conclusively checked.)

There is another case I have been following, a case of a missing baby, Delano Wilson. This case is in no way related to Jessica's, however it is a prime example of how lab results can take longer than some might expect due to a backlog at the lab. "DNA testing also has a lengthy backlog of cases. While the lab has a goal of turning around results in six weeks, testing usually takes three months or longer"(http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...n-county-crime-lab-means-delays-in-1742-cases). This is a case out of Indiana, and once again, in no way related to Jessica's case. As 'active' as Panola county's crime circuit seems to be, I wouldn't be surprised if the labs there were backlogged as well (MOO).

I wouldn't be surprised if there is also an FBI lab backlog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay