MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no arrest.
I've been out of the loop for a few days.
Is this case going cold?

qxJuL3e_zps24887c90.jpg

You guys are way out of line, not to mention likely on the wrong track. You CANNOT post names and personal information associated with innocent third parties.

FINAL WARNING From here on, TO's will be issued, no questions asked.

Can anyone tell me if family has been ruled out? I read on the J4J page that they're not updating the family on the investigation. Would they update them, even if they have suspicion a family member was involved? Would there be any significant financial gain from Jessicas death, an insurance policy maybe?

I hate even typing or thinking that.

I can't see any state, Mississippi or any other, updating any parent on the homicide investigation of their child. Suspect or not, what you're suggesting is like laying a lit match on a powder keg. Even the smallest bit of information could lead to some really irrational action. I know if she were my daughter, and they told me they had an interesting POI, I'd do anything and I do mean anything to procure that information, and they could forego any trial expense.

Any time a homicide is committed, friends and family are the first suspects, it's not unusual, I wouldn't be surprised at all if at one time they were the prime suspects. I'm sure they've been investigated pretty thoroughly already. Most parents that I know have little more than a burial expense insurance policy on their children, some don't even have that, I know I didn't. It's not something you typically plan for, as a parent, my last thought when considering my children was their mortality.

Unfortunately, even in official records, all information is only as good or accurate as the person who inputs it. This includes newspapers, registrations, birth, death and marriage records (yes, even on the official forms themselves - personal experience fighting with social security about DOB on form vs. hospital records from 1926 *sigh*) and it's maddening trying to get pure and correct information. As for an item named above, I found another one and it really is coincidence for more than that single reason. Sorry to be cryptic, I don't want to get meself kicked off :( It's also incredibly annoying (frankly it P's me off) to find incorrect information on a PAID site for researching my ancestry. Also, the same Google search on different days can produce even more results, so don't stop at the single day's or week's search. I get different search results for the same thing when I'm at home vs my siblings home that's 90 miles away. Grrrr, but at the same time thankful we even have the internet at all.

I know if she were my daughter, and they told me they had an interesting POI, I'd do anything and I do mean anything to procure that information, and they could forego any trial expense.

So you would go Vitaly Kaloyev on them? Do it, flatfoot, do it.

it is odd how much was known so early on (the wee hours of 12/7) in SM about what supposedly happened. was there ever really a "fly free" FB page for JC?

I've been asking that question for awhile now. Jessica died in the wee hours that Sunday morning so who set up the page so quickly if at all?

I must admit that DA Champion's attire never even caused me to blink. Especially not after knowing that a TV crew obtained the video footage of JC at the gas station before LE, seeing the gas station attendant explain that he knew accelerant was poured down JC's throat soon after the crime because "two sheriffs" told him, and hearing that the tow truck driver stopped for cigarettes towing THE BIGGEST PIECE OF EVIDENCE (and allowed photos to be taken.) nothing surprises me now :/

BBM. It does seem very appropriate for him.

I believe she was able to communicate somehow and that she did give a few names, and at least one of those names was Eric, Derrick, or something very close. I don't know what she said this person actually did, but I do believe she was able to give some info.

ITA. I've always felt that Jessica did in fact tell the first responders "something". They went searching for EB immediately.

I've been asking that question for awhile now. Jessica died in the wee hours that Sunday morning so who set up the page so quickly if at all?

That has bugged me to no end!! Someone had a page up before others were even waking up!! How was word spreading so quickly? I guess the first responders, LE, and Ali were already telling others and some early bird got wind of it. Still, very hard to understand. It seems like anyone who knew early on would want to wait to be sure that all family had been notified. Or, maybe it was someone in the family.

I will clarify my above post. AA provided a ton of info about that night. He told us what JC was like (normal), what they talked about, how much gas she bought, the fact that she re-entered the store to buy cigarettes. He takes pics of JC's car parked in front of his gas station and admits to doing this on camera. He also states on two occasions that I know of that lighter fluid was poured down her throat. We then learn that "two sheriffs" told him this info. We also know he was questioned later by LE and is the ONLY one officially cleared. That tells me his story checked out, because I'm sure they would want to know where this gas station kid got his info(info that JC's dad also reveals to the press)

The sources of the information JC's parents received were the doctors treating Jessica. They could tell upon examination of her throat whether a chemical had been inhaled or ingested and of course they would inform her parents because her's was truly a devastating injury. But I can't figure out how deputies would even know that information or why they would pass it along to a clerk in a convenience store.

JMO

not sure what topic is off limits. not sure if I can post my content?
help?

The sources of the information JC's parents received were the doctors treating Jessica. They could tell upon examination of her throat whether a chemical had been inhaled or ingested and of course they would inform her parents because her's was truly a devastating injury. But I can't figure out how deputies would even know that information or why they would pass it along to a clerk in a convenience store.

JMO

For all we know that too could have been communicated by JC. I hate that we aren't getting info about this case.

That has bugged me to no end!! Someone had a page up before others were even waking up!! How was word spreading so quickly? I guess the first responders, LE, and Ali were already telling others and some early bird got wind of it. Still, very hard to understand. It seems like anyone who knew early on would want to wait to be sure that all family had been notified. Or, maybe it was someone in the family.

I'm not too adept at any social media but I couldn't find that page. Doesn't a family usually spread such awful news to each other by either phone or in person? Jessica had a large, extended family and I would think they would still be trying to make sense of the horror rather than setting up a social media memorial within hours of her death.

and what happened to it? it's not there now. how soon did it come down and why?

It really is incredible to think she was able to talk... with or without anything being poured down her throat. I had a roommate in college who ingested vinegar. She later said that she thought she was going to die because of it. She said her throat seemed to close up and she couldn't swallow. I can't imagine what an accelerant would do to the throat. She may have told them what was used, or maybe they could smell something recognizable. I wonder if the liquid went into her eyes. A horrendous possibility.

it is odd how much was known so early on (the wee hours of 12/7) in SM about what supposedly happened. was there ever really a "fly free" FB page for JC?

Her supposed BFF (id'd in media reports) told Jessica to Fly Free on FB early the morning her death was reported. Maybe that is the kind of stuff she was talking about.

For all we know that too could have been communicated by JC. I hate that we aren't getting info about this case.

It may have been but I doubt it was. I think her ability to communicate was limited and the focus of first responders would have been on "who" rather that "what." She was on fire. They could tell that much had happened.

JMO

Just because the gas station attendant said LE told him about the flammable liquid down JC's throat doesn't make it true. LE have said they are reviewing everything and that comment has to be near the top of the list. I don't know how investigators could possibly know that early on unless Jessica told them and I bet she didn't tell them. I think doctors discovered it later.

Most accelerants have very distinctive odors. When forced, or even voluntarily imbibing them, a violent vomit reflex is the usual result. Even though Jessica may have only had the chemical introduced orally, the likely result would be a near immediate emetic effect with projectile like vomiting. Vomit being expelled at that pressure usually exits orally and nasally. Even assuming that most of the accelerant was expelled or consumed as fuel, her breath probably held the odor. Think of how strong the odor of gasoline, kerosene, diesel fuel and even charcoal starter fluid have when you get even a little bit on your clothing or skin. I can scrub my hands for 10 minutes with strong soap, and still smell the offending liquid afterward.

IMO I'm pretty sure it wasn't hard to smell, and more so from her breath as it's very likely that some of that fuel was preserved.

I'm not too adept at any social media but I couldn't find that page. Doesn't a family usually spread such awful news to each other by either phone or in person? Jessica had a large, extended family and I would think they would still be trying to make sense of the horror rather than setting up a social media memorial within hours of her death.

Yes, I doubt it was family. I think the page was removed soon after it was created. It has been reported in MSM, so I do believe it was set up very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke