Found Deceased MT - Amy Harding-Permann, 34, Great Falls, 26 Jan 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
In truth, I doubt he is enjoying being in the public eye this much, as well. <modsnip: not a known fact> if he had done something, why would he call the police at all given that the call is what caused the search?
BBM
He is smart enough to know that if he didn't call the police at some point, it would look bad, really bad.
If he is responsible for her being missing, he called the police after he had all his ducks in a row.
JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
In truth, I doubt he is enjoying being in the public eye this much, as well. <modsnip: not a known fact> if he had done something, why would he call the police at all given that the call is what caused the search?

I'm sure he isn't enjoying it. If he didn't call the police, he would appear even more guilty. He knew it wouldn't be long before someone else noticed her missing. Plus, if he had cuts, scratches, and/or bruises on his body, reporting her assaulting him would be a way to attempt to control the narrative and misdirect from the possibility that he attacked her and was injured in the process, or from her fighting back.

Speculation and MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure he isn't enjoying it. If he didn't call the police, he would appear even more guilty. He knew it wouldn't be long before someone else noticed her missing. Plus, if he had cuts, scratches, and/or bruises on his body, reporting her assaulting him would be a way to attempt to control the narrative and misdirect from the possibility that he attacked her and was injured in the process, or from her fighting back.

Speculation and MOO
And hypothetically speaking, if you had wounds from someone defending themselves you could call them an assault that night, whereas if someone noticed wounds the next day along with your girlfriend being missing that would be harder to explain.

Right now I'll just give him the benefit of doubt.

I hope she stormed off and went somewhere safe

"On Thursday afternoon, Cascade County Sheriff Jesse Slaughter said in an email: "We are currently bringing in multiple resources from multiple agencies to assist us."
In order to protect the integrity of the investigation, Slaughter said the names of the agencies are not being released at this time, nor are any other details of the investigation."
"Multiple agencies" assisting with the investigation into Amy Harding's disappearance
Does this mean that it is becoming a criminal investigation?

In order to protect the integrity of the investigation, Slaughter said the names of the agencies are not being released at this time, nor are any other details of the investigation.

Sheriff Slaughter said he hopes to release more information sometime next week.
Doesn’t sound like they think she’s alive.
They know something

Nowhere have the police named this man as a suspect.

There are plenty of abusers out there, and not all of them are men.

I've known several men who were beaten by their spouses, one of whom killed himself when his children were as well denied to him. I'm not going to assume "facts" that are not in evidence (i.e. that the doctor claiming SHE hit HIM was a clever diversion and means HE must have hit HER) before possibly destroying thr reputations of anyone involved. We just don't know at this point.

I'll wait until those actually investigating the case have named a suspect before I assume someone's guilt from a safe distance -- because a theory isn't evidence.

And I always remember that involved parties and their families can easily find themselves trashed and dragged through the mud by total strangers, because the internet is forever.

JMO based on my experience

We don't know if she was even there when he called 911.

I thought the reports said he told police she fled before they got there....so surely she was there when he called the police or left when she knew he was going to call them. Otherwise why would he bother calling the police if she had left a while before and he was no longer in danger.

This is on the assumption he was being truthful.

I just don't think he is involved...if he was guilty and did something to her...and called police to say she had attacked him, surely he'd give himself some kind of inury even if small to back that lie up, and police said they found no obvious injuries on him.

I think she left and had an accident, either way I hope she is found soon and praying it's good news

I've known several men who were beaten by their spouses, one of whom killed himself when his children were as well denied to him. I'm not going to assume "facts" that are not in evidence (i.e. that the doctor claiming SHE hit HIM was a clever diversion and means HE must have hit HER) before possibly destroying thr reputations of anyone involved. We just don't know at this point.

I'll wait until those actually investigating the case have named a suspect before I assume someone's guilt from a safe distance -- because a theory isn't evidence.

And I always remember that involved parties and their families can easily find themselves trashed and dragged through the mud by total strangers, because the internet is forever.

All true. But I also worry about this mother and ER Nurse, and her reputation. Did she really assault her boyfriend and then run out into the freezing night, with no coat, no cell phone?

I have some trouble accepting that scenario, and accepting her as the guilty party, with no evidence yet. JMO

I thought the reports said he told police she fled before they got there....so surely she was there when he called the police or left when she knew he was going to call them. Otherwise why would he bother calling the police if she had left a while before and he was no longer in danger.

This is on the assumption he was being truthful.

I just don't think he is involved...if he was guilty and did something to her...and called police to say she had attacked him, surely he'd give himself some kind of inury even if small to back that lie up, and police said they found no obvious injuries on him.

I think she left and had an accident, either way I hope she is found soon and praying it's good news

I don't think he is involved either.

If he was, you would think he would get rid of her phone and not leave it there for LE to go through.

Jmo

"On Thursday afternoon, Cascade County Sheriff Jesse Slaughter said in an email: "We are currently bringing in multiple resources from multiple agencies to assist us."
In order to protect the integrity of the investigation, Slaughter said the names of the agencies are not being released at this time, nor are any other details of the investigation."
"Multiple agencies" assisting with the investigation into Amy Harding's disappearance
Does this mean that it is becoming a criminal investigation?

They're not calling it that YET. MOO

From the same article, although this was two days ago:

On Tuesday, Sheriff Slaughter declined to release details of any possible criminal investigation, and stressed that at this point, it remains a missing person investigation. However, KRTV has learned that the house has been secured by law enforcement since the investigation began.

All true. But I also worry about this mother and ER Nurse, and her reputation. Did she really assault her boyfriend and then run out into the freezing night, with no coat, no cell phone?

I have some trouble accepting that scenario, and accepting her as the guilty party, with no evidence yet. JMO

There is also no evidence that he did anything to her.

They are still treating this as a missing person's case.

I agree with what you are saying. In this case, and countless other cases, if he proves to be innocent, then he is also a victim in all of this. With the things being SPECULATED that he MIGHT have done, it is an unfortunate side effect to these types of cases. I don't know what the answer is (or if there is an answer) to prevent this from happening. Unfortunately, so often is the case, the significant other is the responsible party.

If this guy is innocent, I do feel bad for him. I don't think anyone has actually accused him of any wrongdoing. But i agree that even if we qualify things with IMO, MOO, etc., that it is still associating his name with possibly doing something horrible.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cj2935
Back