Found Deceased MT - Amy Harding-Permann, 34, Great Falls, 26 Jan 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
And hypothetically speaking, if you had wounds from someone defending themselves you could call them an assault that night, whereas if someone noticed wounds the next day along with your girlfriend being missing that would be harder to explain.

Right now I'll just give him the benefit of doubt.

I hope she stormed off and went somewhere safe
BBM

I hope she stormed off and is hiding out somewhere safe, too.
However, I can't see her putting her two young children through all that stress.

In order to protect the integrity of the investigation, Slaughter said the names of the agencies are not being released at this time, nor are any other details of the investigation.

Sheriff Slaughter said he hopes to release more information sometime next week.
Doesn’t sound like they think she’s alive.
They know something
I think you are right. This is so sad. I hope she is okay.

My husband text each other from rooms in the same house if we are arguing :D We text all day from work...
There honestly could be plenty on her phone BESIDES texting that is incriminating to either party. Could be notes, emails, photos, web searches, receipts, literally everything and anything. That was my first thought when he said so much data after the search.

Curiously—- to protect the integrity of the investigation by not naming names can only be because it’s criminal, correct? I mean who do you call in that is clearly only missing persons? And who would reveal criminal?

There honestly could be plenty on her phone BESIDES texting that is incriminating to either party. Could be notes, emails, photos, web searches, receipts, literally everything and anything. That was my first thought when he said so much data after the search.

Curiously—- to protect the integrity of the investigation by not naming names can only be because it’s criminal, correct? I mean who do you call in that is clearly only missing persons? And who would reveal criminal?
Have you ever heard of a missing person's case in which the investigative agency declined to reveal the names of the agencies they were bringing in to assist in the investigation? If anyone has, please share because that is a new one on me.

The "massive" amount of data comment makes me think FBI but I also wonder about the Montana State Crime Lab. I really hope we don't have to wait until next week to find out. MOO

Have you ever heard of a missing person's case in which the investigative agency declined to reveal the names of the agencies they were bringing in to assist in the investigation? If anyone has, please share because that is a new one on me.

The "massive" amount of data comment makes me think FBI but I also wonder about the Montana State Crime Lab. I really hope we don't have to wait until next week to find out. MOO
I haven’t really heard of a case where it wasn’t known which agencies were being brought in. Let me see if I can find one.

I was thinking FBI.

Jmo

I am glad they are investigating other POI's.

We know when the call about the assault was made, and we know when LE arrived at the house.

We do not know when Amy "assaulted" Dr. VanGilder.

I suspect LE will be looking at whether the doctor made any calls to his lawyer that afternoon or evening, prior to calling the police.

We are actually pretty limited in our agencies and don't bring a whole lot of external agencies into our investigations, so if even FBI was mentioned, people would automatically say foul play because FBI support is so rarely needed here. I wonder if the CCSO is actually not saying the agencies because it could make people think it is criminal and he would be less likely to get a confession from a guilty party. If they kind of play dumb, maybe someone will confess type of thing?

Just an idea, no evidence of that.

I’m not sure they necessarily are... that was a generic type comment they made.

They would be dumb not to.

With her being a nurse, they need to look into any and every person she had contact with.

Boyfriend, ex boyfriends, friends, weird patients that may have been fixated on her, co workers etc.

About this alleged assault... Let's say that JV's story is true and Amy assaulted him. Which do you think is more likely?
  1. He stood there and didn't defend himself at all.
  2. He defended himself and caused injuries, either minor or serious, to Amy.
  3. He defended himself and didn't cause any injuries to Amy.

Last edited:
We are actually pretty limited in our agencies and don't bring a whole lot of external agencies into our investigations, so if even FBI was mentioned, people would automatically say foul play. I wonder if the CCSO is actually not saying the agencies because it could make people think it is criminal and he would be less likely to get a confession from a guilty party. If they kind of play dumb, maybe someone will confess type of thing?

I was thinking the same thing, that if LE says FBI or something else, ppl are automatically going to think foul play and the Dr. Having something to do with it and if he has business pages online, yelp whatever that could literally ruin his life and career if ppl start leaving messages on his personal online pages.

Jmo

If he is in fact innocent,

They would be dumb not to.

With her being a nurse, they need to look into any and every person she had contact with.

Boyfriend, ex boyfriends, friends, weird patients that may have been fixated on her, co workers etc.
Are you suggesting that a weird patient or ex-boyfriend just happened to be at the river behind the home after she had an argument with JV and ran out of the house? MOO

Are you suggesting that a weird patient or ex-boyfriend just happened to be at the river behind the home after she had an argument with JV and ran out of the house? MOO

No, but she is a nurse and came in contact with a lot of ppl.

Every person needs to be checked out and not just the boyfriend.

Jmo

No, so do you think her current boyfriend is the only one who needs to be looked at, because I don't.
No, and I've never said that. I think they're doing a thorough investigation per SOP and have much more information than what they have disclosed to the public, and for good reason. And while they continue to call it a missing person's investigation, it is looking more and more like a criminal investigation to me. We shall see. MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cj2935
Back