Found Deceased MT - Amy Harding-Permann, 34, Great Falls, 26 Jan 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
About this alleged assault... Let's say that JV's story is true and Amy assaulted him. Which do you think is more likely?
  1. He stood there and didn't defend himself at all.
  2. He defended himself and caused injuries, either minor or serious, to Amy.
  3. He defended himself and didn't cause any injuries to Amy.

It’s been a long time since I’ve taken a quiz, Pommy.

Where did you see that they stopped searching? The last update link that Jethro posted says “Cascade County Sheriff Jesse Slaughter on Monday assured the community that his team is still working to find Amy.”

Sorry for being unclear. I meant how they stopped the search early the other day and then haven't been noted a doing anymore outside searches for her. I don't mean that they aren't still trying to find her. More that in a missing person case for them to stop searching physically like this is unusual, no?

I don’t think they were. I looked immediately when I started posting here. I knew I had found a post with him tagged from her profile though. He is tagged and it goes to his profile but not friends. Amy Elaine

They had to have been friends in the past. Notice you can't "like" or comment on any of Amy's posts? That's because you're not friends with her. JV both liked AND commented on her posts in the past. So... they were FB friends at one point.

What's interesting about the post you linked to is that AHP 'loved' her own post (it's about celebrating her birthday with JV and how lucky she is, etc - for those who haven't seen it)... but JV didn't like, love or comment at all. He didn't appear to be active on FB so maybe he just didn't see it, but....

Sorry for being unclear. I meant how they stopped the search early the other day and then haven't been noted a doing anymore outside searches for her. I don't mean that they aren't still trying to find her. More that in a missing person case for them to stop searching physically like this is unusual, no?

No apologies! I don’t think it’s unusual at all for physical searches to pause and restart as time goes on. Physical searches could still be taking place by LE. It’s not unusual for that to happen and not hear about them. This has been my experience from other cases I’ve followed. Others might have different experiences. JMO

No apologies! I don’t think it’s unusual at all for physical searches to pause and restart as time goes on. Physical searches could still be taking place by LE. It’s not unusual for that to happen and not hear about them. This has been my experience from other cases I’ve followed. Others might have different experiences. JMO

This is 100% true in the state where I live (and have been involved in SAR). Resources are not unlimited and many searchers are volunteers. The search management team will put teams out in all areas that they think reasonable to search (including re-searching an area with different teams, once with dog, once with ppl, etc), as quickly as possible while there is still a good chance for a rescue. Eventually they run out of reasonable (and safe) areas to put a search team and they run out of time where, if unsupported and outdoors, the missing person could still be rescued. This is now a recovery operation (unless an abduction or gone girl scenario - which I do not believe to be the case) and time is no longer of the essence. They will continue searches based on specific tips and the availability of specialized searchers (like HRD K9s, etc). If you read up on the Amanda Eller (missing hiker in Hawaii, found alive after 2 weeks) story you will see that the official, govt funded search stopped after 72 hrs due to costs. even though in Hawaii, it was reasonable for a missing hiker to survive much longer. They were able to fund private search operations which ended up being fruitful.

They had to have been friends in the past. Notice you can't "like" or comment on any of Amy's posts? That's because you're not friends with her. JV both liked AND commented on her posts in the past. So... they were FB friends at one point.

What's interesting about the post you linked to is that AHP 'loved' her own post (it's about celebrating her birthday with JV and how lucky she is, etc - for those who haven't seen it)... but JV didn't like, love or comment at all. He didn't appear to be active on FB so maybe he just didn't see it, but....

Friends of friends can comment / like if that setting is applied. They could have friends in common.

The attached article describes a sighting that did NOT turn into a recovery, but graphically shows that LE Is still diligently searching, and quickly responding to ANY lead in this case.
A Google Earth Aerial shot is attached, with red pin dropped where AHP was last seen, and a neon green pin where this sighting happened. Yellow pins show the exact sight of the jet ski accident last June, and the area of that same-day recovery (see post 512 in this thread for video)
Emergency crews respond to possible incident along Missouri River

Attachments

• Feb 5, 2020.jpg
    Feb 5, 2020.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 20
The attached article describes a sighting that did NOT turn into a recovery, but graphically shows that LE Is still diligently searching, and quickly responding to ANY lead in this case.
A Google Earth Aerial shot is attached, with red pin dropped where AHP was last seen, and a neon green pin where this sighting happened. Yellow pins show the exact sight of the jet ski accident last June, and the area of that same-day recovery (see post 512 in this thread for video)
Emergency crews respond to possible incident along Missouri River
For clarification:

(UPDATE, 12:13 pm) A police officer says that the item turned out to be a log, and officers responded out of an abundance of caution.

Personal anecdote, but I will say I've known a woman who was verifiably the abuser in her relationship where she was much smaller than her partner. It's uncommon and but it's not unheard of or even super rare. It happens. She had a Personality Disorder and did run out of the house in the middle of the night sans shoes during a manic episode, but this was in the city and not out in the middle of nowhere.

I'm inclined to believe the obvious but I also want to point out that the other options presented are not totally impossible. People aren't perfect and sometimes they have problems, which makes them do things that don't make sense.

Praying, whatever happened, that Amy is found soon and is found safe.

All I know is from past cases, when public searches are not continued, and private parties aren’t even trying to start their own searches, that either an arrest is imminent; or it is known the missing is deceased.

If I were her friend I’d be trying to organize my own search parties. The silence is particularly deafening.

All I know is from past cases, when public searches are not continued, and private parties aren’t even trying to start their own searches, that either an arrest is imminent; or it is known the missing is deceased.

If I were her friend I’d be trying to organize my own search parties. The silence is particularly deafening.
Yep. Most often it is volunteers that end up finding the missing. It is possible that law enforcement has been telling them not to search but friends and family have to realize that law enforcement cannot stop them from organizing and searching. The worst case scenario for not searching is that friends and family do not realize that finding Amy will be up to them and they are waiting around for law enforcement to organize it and do it and that means they will be waiting a long time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back