GUILTY MT - Beverly, 79, Gregory Giannonatti, 57, murdered, Deer Lodge, 24 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And the mystery man. I take it, LE is still looking for him.

If he had nothing to do with this, I would think he would have come forward by now
and introduced himself to LE.
Surely, he would know they are missing?

IMOO.

I think that LE identified the mystery man pretty quickly. The first day or two they were asking the public for help, but they stopped making that request after like day 2.

Yes there is at least one cell phone tower about 8 miles north of Deer Lodge, however their phones pinged in Anaconda, which is a bit over 20 miles south.

I have a question about cell phones.
If a call is dropped, will it then roam to the nearest tower?
So even though it pinged in Anaconda, could it have originated elsewhere?

IMOO.

I have a question about cell phones.
If a call is dropped, will it then roam to the nearest tower?
So even though it pinged in Anaconda, could it have originated elsewhere?

IMOO.

I'm not an expert, but I think that is true in populated areas, but in rural areas where there are few towers it is pretty much only one tower within any given call area. Does that make sense?

I think that LE identified the mystery man pretty quickly. The first day or two they were asking the public for help, but they stopped making that request after like day 2.

Interesting, that LE is so quiet in MSM.
I hope that means there are leads that cannot be discussed.
I hope for the best! I hope they are alive somewhere.
It's been awhile, though...
I want to hold on to Hope!

IMOO.

I also saw that Muriah restaurant was sold to 4b's per Muriah of Montana FB page.

I was thinking today about a whole bunch of these cases here on Websleuths that have the F.B.I.'s involvement, and due to the bombings in Paris, may take a back seat due to security issues raring their ugly head in the next few weeks and months.

I hope that isn't the case, but the F.B.I.'s staff is going to be pretty busy. When I saw yesterday that the NFL was consulting them about security at football games, it pretty much dawned on me that the FBI might get spread pretty thin in the following days, and anything that isn't considered top priority is going to get pushed to the back of the line, including missing persons cases.

Quite a few of these cases have their involvement, without results yet, so I can't help but wonder if we are going to be waiting a long, long time to see results in some of them. Nobody is going to be found or arrested if the case is on the back burner.

Good point Steelman. Same with media coverage. There has been less media coverage on some cases these past few days because the media outlets are all busy reporting on the attacks.

Good point Steelman. Same with media coverage. There has been less media coverage on some cases these past few days because the media outlets are all busy reporting on the attacks.

Yes they're all reporting the same stuff over and over. Something big happens and everything else stops... OK it doesn't but the reporting of it sure does.

I don't think we should assume what's happening on an international level has any impact on a local, field office level as it pertains to the FBI. From what I know from an old friend who used to be on Ford detail (he was Secret Service but he was also patient, and answered a million questions for me at the time, on how different agencies work) , field agents are screened and chosen for regional posts based on their qualifications and those are generally domestic related, and often geo-specific. . I don't know if things have changed that much over the years but I rather doubt it. Domestic investigations are in a completely different category than international.

So, while the FBI may be involved in an active international investigation, it doesn't mean the local (Montana) field agents have anything to do with that. From what I've always understood, it more than likely means the local agents in Montana have very little working knowledge of what's going on, on that international field. They're busy enough, with their own investigations.

moo.

I am following up on this case. So sad that we know nothing yet. I felt sure we would have some clues by now.
Even on the "help find" FB page, they state there is nothing new to report.
Just trying to keep this case up on the front pages so we can follow and remember to pray for these folks...

I am checking the FB page daily...yesterday it was posted that the Department of Justice has assigned two special agents to work on this case. They join the FBI and local authorities who are already working.

Nothing new other than that...

Just a thought about the bags of clothing and towels. Had country property and camp property that were used like convenience stores for the locals. They would break in and take sheets, towels, tv's, small appliances, spices, food, pillows, aluminum foil, clothes, dishes, shoes - you name it. But, they really liked towels and bed linens best. It could be that someone very close to his home heard he wasn't there and were helping themselves to things.

What is to say that Greg didn't have the guns with him, if there were any? Since they MIGHT be missing, they also might not be.

I do not know why I think that the gold bar weighed 17 lbs or so. Could be the reason the DOJ is involved.

http://www.kxlf.com/story/30564104/...-case-of-missing-mother-and-son-in-deer-lodge

This article lists the gold bar as 25lbs, which is close enough to the weight of a standard bullion bar (~27.3lbs). The quote from the sheriff also seems to support that at least the local police believe that it did in fact exist and is likely key to the case.

As for the last whereabouts of the two, Howard said Beverly was last seen on Oct. 28 having lunch at around 11 a.m. with an unknown Caucasian male about age 60 at Muriah’s of Montana.
“We do not have a clue who that was at this point,” said the Sheriff noting authorities would be very interested in speaking with the man to gather any more information about the two.
“We’d love to find that person and be able to talk to him,” said Johnson.

Quote above is from the article in The Silver State Post on Nov 11. As of then at least it sounds like they still don't know who the man is, but would really like to speak to him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back