GUILTY MT - Beverly, 79, Gregory Giannonatti, 57, murdered, Deer Lodge, 24 Oct 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well if they were in the process of selling that gold bar they might have decided to go together in one vehicle to the meeting with some prospective buyers. So, Greg picks Beverly up in his car, they drive to his house to have dinner, with the plan to drive to the meeting afterwards. But then something changes ....

I dunno. Just thinking out loud :dunno:

I'm surprised LE left the cell phone in Greg's house. Why wouldn't they take it to have a closer look at recent messages and calls, what has been deleted, etc? Usually LE jumps on cell phones in missing person cases.

How could you have a gold bar (at least one found in the father's home that is now owned by Greg) and have all this property in your name, yet live such a simple lifestyle? I think that is a bit odd. I mean, I have known some millionaires that hid their money so well that unless you knew them, you would never suspect they had money. They drove older cars and lived in fairly modest homes. But still, people who knew them knew they had money.

So none of this makes sense to me...Greg living a simple home owned by his mom, his mom moving into a home owned by Greg which once belonged to his dad, and both of them owning other properties around town.
This was no random crime.

How could you have a gold bar (at least one found in the father's home that is now owned by Greg) and have all this property in your name, yet live such a simple lifestyle? I think that is a bit odd. I mean, I have known some millionaires that hid their money so well that unless you knew them, you would never suspect they had money. They drove older cars and lived in fairly modest homes. But still, people who knew them knew they had money.

So none of this makes sense to me...Greg living a simple home owned by his mom, his mom moving into a home owned by Greg which once belonged to his dad, and both of them owning other properties around town.
This was no random crime.

I don't believe it was random either. Having money but living modestly isn't such a stretch, but everything else in this case is just too bizarre.

Why would a thief take clothes? Could they "robbery" have actually been the son coming to get some items? But someone caught him? Maybe they are hiding from someone. Just another theory. I definitely agree the gold bar is part of all this.

Why would a thief take clothes? Could they "robbery" have actually been the son coming to get some items? But someone caught him? Maybe they are hiding from someone. Just another theory. I definitely agree the gold bar is part of all this.

I also thought about this. But it must have a very sudden and very urgent need to run and hide, leaving the dogs behind like that and the dinner on the stove. A death threat? But then why not go to the police?

I also thought about this. But it must have a very sudden and very urgent need to run and hide, leaving the dogs behind like that and the dinner on the stove. A death threat? But then why not go to the police?

A quick timeline:
-Gold bar was found in the late husband's house on October 19.
-They were both last seen on October 28th (Wednesday). Beverly was having lunch at a restaurant and Gregory was seen driving away from his house at around 10 pm.
-Friends of Beverly reported her missing on Sunday, Nov 1. Police check Beverly's house and find her dog left unattended. They check Gregory's house and find a roast in the Crock Pot and his dog left unattended. They check the late-husband's house and find Gregory's white Toyota there.
-Late in the evening on Nov 1, it was reported that Gregory's house was broken into. Here is the paragraph about Gregory's house being burglarized: "In another odd twist to the situation, Sheriff Howard said that late in the evening on Nov. 1 a burglary was reported at the home of Gregory Giannonatti, where the police had been earlier that day. When authorities arrived they discovered the flat screen TV in the yard, clothing in bags and a cell phone that had been at the residence earlier was now gone. The Sheriff also noted two weapons may also have been taken from the residence."
From this article: https://www.facebook.com/BevandGregGianonatti/posts/1057146771011492

They discovered the dog and the roast cooking at Gregory's house earlier in the day on Nov 1. Later that night, somebody broke into his house and tried to steal the TV and clothing; and, took a cell phone and possibly some weapons. (It was reported elsewhere, that in addition to clothing there were some towels and pillows in the bags as well.) So, at that point, the dog had already been removed from the house. LE stated that the dog was being cared for at Amherst Animal Hospital in Butte.

So if somebody went back to the house to retrieve some clothes, the cell phone and some weapons, the dog would not be a concern, because it was already gone. Maybe they planned to take the dog as well, but since it was not there, they couldn't. The TV being moved is a mystery, unless somebody did that to make it look like a random burglary.

A quick timeline:
-Gold bar was found in the late husband's house on October 19.
-They were both last seen on October 28th (Wednesday). Beverly was having lunch at a restaurant and Gregory was seen driving away from his house at around 10 pm.
-Friends of Beverly reported her missing on Sunday, Nov 1. Police check Beverly's house and find her dog left unattended. They check Gregory's house and find a roast in the Crock Pot and his dog left unattended. They check the late-husband's house and find Gregory's white Toyota there.
-Late in the evening on Nov 1, it was reported that Gregory's house was broken into. Here is the paragraph about Gregory's house being burglarized: "In another odd twist to the situation, Sheriff Howard said that late in the evening on Nov. 1 a burglary was reported at the home of Gregory Giannonatti, where the police had been earlier that day. When authorities arrived they discovered the flat screen TV in the yard, clothing in bags and a cell phone that had been at the residence earlier was now gone. The Sheriff also noted two weapons may also have been taken from the residence."
From this article: https://www.facebook.com/BevandGregGianonatti/posts/1057146771011492

They discovered the dog and the roast cooking at Gregory's house earlier in the day on Nov 1. Later that night, somebody broke into his house and tried to steal the TV and clothing; and, took a cell phone and possibly some weapons. (It was reported elsewhere, that in addition to clothing there were some towels and pillows in the bags as well.) So, at that point, the dog had already been removed from the house. LE stated that the dog was being cared for at Amherst Animal Hospital in Butte.

So if somebody went back to the house to retrieve some clothes, the cell phone and some weapons, the dog would not be a concern, because it was already gone. Maybe they planned to take the dog as well, but since it was not there, they couldn't. The TV being moved is a mystery, unless somebody did that to make it look like a random burglary.

Someone came to get some things and they were interrupted by something, obviously. But the items they were planning on taking were clearly personal use items, not things you'd ever break into a house to steal and sell.

Is it too far a reach to speculate it was Gregory himself, or someone he sent to collect things and take the tv as well to make it look like a burglary?

Sooo what we got?

TV, clothing, a cell phone, weapons, possibly towels and pillows ... Have Beverly's other properties been checked whether they are hiding out there? Maybe Greg came back to get the stuff, plus all the dogs. Maybe they didn't think they would be reported missing, just needed to get away and lay low - for whatever reason.

:thinking:

Someone came to get some things and they were interrupted by something, obviously. But the items they were planning on taking were clearly personal use items, not things you'd ever break into a house to steal and sell.

Is it too far a reach to speculate it was Gregory himself, or someone he sent to collect things and take the tv as well to make it look like a burglary?

We're thinking along the same lines :)

We're thinking along the same lines :)

I'm right there with you both.

Let's hope we are right and they are alive somewhere.

Thank you-this is what I was thinking, and you beat me to it

I was talking about this case with a friend and it was suggested Gregory (or his late) father may have been what's called a "prepper". Those who anticipate a breakdown in society on a serious level, so they convert their wealth into gold (instead of leaving their cash in the banks). They like to stay off the grid as much as possible (they don't rely on it, because they don't want to be left high and dry when the infrastructure goes down) so they have a very small, if not non-existent social media presence.

In this case, there's a gold bar that shows up and then folks go missing and Gregory has an almost ZERO online presence. I know it sounds like a real stretch, but there are A LOT of folks in society like this.

That's interesting Ontario Mom. I have to say though, all the preppers I know (and they are very serious about it) are all over Facebook and social media explaining how and why they are preparing. So I'm not totally sure about the no online presence part. But boy, anything is a possibility at this point. This is a weird one.

That's interesting Ontario Mom. I have to say though, all the preppers I know (and they are very serious about it) are all over Facebook and social media explaining how and why they are preparing. So I'm not totally sure about the no online presence part. But boy, anything is a possibility at this point. This is a weird one.

Thanks for sharing that perspective. I don't know any preppers myself so I wasn't sure how accurate that was, just repeating what I'd heard as a possibility. Although after you explain it that way (sounding the warning via social media) I guess it makes sense. Unless a person is one of those that doesn't feel compelled to do that? I don't know. Just guessing, since I don't know any.

Definitely a weird case though. Even weirder there doesn't seem to be ANYONE on social media pleading for folks to share the info about the son being missing. I've looked, and it's just not there - outside the single "FIND" FB page of folks praying and hoping for the best for mother/son.

So some of us are thinking these two disappeared voluntarily?

So some of us are thinking these two disappeared voluntarily?

Not I. I think with at least 3/4 of the clues at hand, it sounds criminal. I do not believe someone would up and leave at 10pm at night, driving away at a higher speed than normal. They wouldn't leave behind a crockpot turned on, tv on and pets left to fend for themselves. However I'm not sure how to explain the break-in, the strange things left behind during the break-in or the phones being used 3 and 4 days later.
I wonder how many people are employed by the two. Media also mentions Greg wasn't driving in the direction of his mother's house but away from it. I need to find that map again but where his car was found - wouldn't he have to drive thru the area of his moms house to get to his father's?

Bouncing off Claire's timeline, I'm sorting one out for myself to help organize my brain.

Aug 31 - Dad/XHusband William Giannonatti Died
Oct 19 - Gold bar found in William's house.
Oct 28 11am - Beverly is seen at Muriah’s restaurant in Deer Lodge with unknown Man in his 60s
Oct 28 10pm - Greg seen driving away from his residence in a 1995 white Camry at a speed faster than normal, and heading east toward downtown Deer Lodge.
Oct 31 - Beverly's friends ask for welfare check after not showing up to events.
Oct 31 - Officers check Beverly's House and Greg's house but do not enter.
Oct 31 11:32pm - Beverly's phone is used.
Nov 1 - Officers gained entrance to both homes.
Nov 1 9:14pm and 11:39pm - Gregory's phone was used (could this be the phone left at Gregs home that came up missing?)
Nov 2 - Officers found Greg's home to be burglarized at some point between the 1st and 2nd.
Nov 2 - Gegory's car found at Williams home in Larkspur (not sure if this is correct date).

Am I missing anything?

The gold bar has never been recovered, correct? Everyone seems to be focusing on either them both leaving on their own accord, or them both coming to harm by a third party. What if the son and mother were arguing over ownership and he ended up harming her and then taking off with the gold (or the proceeds if they did manage to sell it)? Hopefully not the case, but another possible angle...

Question about their phones being used - wasn't it said those were incoming calls, not outgoing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GFinder
Back