Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wonder how the killer knew there was an completely hidden and empty cul-de-sac 1.1 miles in the very back of a nondescript subdivision ?

This area is not a through street, so anyone going back there would have to have prior knowledge that it was isolated.

I often drive around my area to explore new neighborhoods, walk through new houses being built, etc. Perhaps he went in there while looking for a new place to live?

I can understand how he would know - Nancy probably knew it, too.

Re the question about googling sites, could also be that LE won't find evidence on the computer b/c it's obviously one of the first things to be confiscated in investigations. But that's not to say that BC took the long, scenic tour home several days to get a complete lay of the land. Just a thought.

Would be nice to have someone scan a flyer and attach here.

Here is the flier:

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/07/23/3257376/Nancy_Cooper_flier.pdf

will post in Media links as well

I often drive around my area to explore new neighborhoods, walk through new houses being built, etc. Perhaps he went in there while looking for a new place to live?

Post 4 in the Maps thread here provides a review of the search area which was based on routes Nancy was known to have run. Looking at that I would suspect that most runners over that area would have been aware of the area across Holly Springs road. It is quite possible that Brad also ran and rode a bike in many of those areas which would most likely also make him aware. We also know that some people walk their dogs in that area. I recall a report by Amanda Lamb showing this area and a jogger ran through the background of the shot. It does not appear to be an unknown area.

Fran, I certainly respect your opinion. However, put yourself in BC's shoes IF he did not do it. He has been trashed and he is concerned he is going to lose custody of his children FOREVER. After reading the affidavits, you see that many of her friend's statements are "Nancy told me" and not directly witnessing the behavior. He is presenting his side of things. I'll state this again, he has plenty in his affidavits that could be proved true or false (looking at signatures on CC receipts, phone calls, emails, etc.).

You're definitely right, Nancy is the true victim here. She's the one who is dead and cannot stand here to defend herself against these statements. However, the statements of her friends have trashed him and he IS here to be able to defend himself.

I respect what you say as well carolinalady. But you see, trashing the memory of his poor dead wife is NOT the answer in how to defend ones-self. After you've seen enough of these cases, you'll see what I mean.

An innocent spouse or loved one, does NOT speak ill of the victim. They get in, sit down, and shut up! AND are as cooperative with LE as possible behind the scenes (so to speak). Why? Because they KNOW they're INNOCENT and it will be proven in the END.

I've seen several cases here on Websleuths, very high profile, where some Websleuthers suspected the family or friends. One's that come to my mind, I looked at the family but couldn't see the connection. They were, family and friends, found out to NOT be connected to the crime at all and the websleuthers who suspected them and discussed it, were very apologetic at the end. (oh, btw, I personally did NOT suspect them and never said I did either)

I do NOT always say it's the husband. Believe me, I have to see some evidence, to me, that points that way. If you look at my posts when this case first began, I did NOT right away believe he did it, or I was hesitant to call the 'usual suspect.' But we've learned much more that points me in that direction.

IF he proves to be innocent, I'll be the FIRST to apologize for suspecting him. I've only had to do it once before. I'd watched a case for days and wasn't quite sure. But one day I decided he 'most likely was involved,' and the very next day the truth came out and he was majorally innocent. The moment I learned what happened, I came to Websleuths and apologized for my mistake. I'll do that here, IF I'm wrong.

Brad needs to realize that he IS the first person EVERYONE would look at for this crime. IF he did NOT do it, he doesn't need to worry because LE will learn that as well. But until then, he's on the 'short list.' Like I said, that's how this is played. He just needs to get over it and he'll get what he deserves. Nancy will get what she deserves. Isn't that what he wants as well?

Justice.

JMHO
fran

Those new homes started at $500,000 per the sign.
With their financial predicament, I doubt either one was looking at 'stepping up' to a more expensive home....but who knows ?

You really need to drive on Holly Springs and notice that established subdivision. I just think it would be odd for a 'man' to drive in there to 'look' at new homes being built.

Okie dokey. That confirms what she was wearing.
Thanks, raisin. :)

You are welcome. One thing kind of bugs me about that flier however. No color for the t-shirt or shorts but the running shoes are described as light blue...

Thanks! Question - would the CPD put the description BC gave to the investigators or the actual clothing found on NC?

I doubt the cops would mislead potential witnesses with incorrect clothing info.

She must have been found with the running clothes described....not surprising at all.

Thanks! Question - would the CPD put the description BC gave to the investigators or the actual clothing found on NC?

Bet you have the same questions I do about that flier. I would think CPD would give as much detail as they were given - i.e color of shirt and shorts might be helpful. But it is also possible, I suppose, those details were held back in the event someone claimed to have saw her. LE could ask the person colors and may be able to determine if it was a potential sighting or not.

Fran,

Were it not for the custody case I suspect this wouldn't have happened and we certainly would not be aware of it. The custody case pretty much put him in a corner and he came out swinging. I agree it was not a good thing to do, not the right thing to do, and in the end appears to have been very unwise.

Not condonning how this was handled, just saying there have been some most unusual circunstances surrounding it. And I also agree, on face value it makes him look petty and quite capable of being not so nice.

Hi charlie! :)

IMHO, he did NOT need to file all of those affidavits. For some unknown reason, his attorney decided this was a wise move. Unfortunate for Brad.

The attorney knew these would be public record. He KNEW this would get out in the public domain. He was playing to the people. Why?

ALL of that info COULD have been brought up in court, if necessary. Behind the judge's closed door. It was NOT necessary to YELL it from the highest steeple. NOT necessary at all.

Frankly, IMHO, it most likely made the judge SUSPICIOUS of the very one it was meant to make look innocent.

Just sayin'
fran

You are welcome. One thing kind of bugs me about that flier however. No color for the t-shirt or shorts but the running shoes are described as light blue...

Good observation....she may have been found nude...hence the theory I put forth earlier

I respect what you say as well carolinalady. But you see, trashing the memory of his poor dead wife is NOT the answer in how to defend ones-self. After you've seen enough of these cases, you'll see what I mean.

An innocent spouse or loved one, does NOT speak ill of the victim. They get in, sit down, and shut up! AND are as cooperative with LE as possible behind the scenes (so to speak). Why? Because they KNOW they're INNOCENT and it will be proven in the END.

I've seen several cases here on Websleuths, very high profile, where some Websleuthers suspected the family or friends. One's that come to my mind, I looked at the family but couldn't see the connection. They were, family and friends, found out to NOT be connected to the crime at all and the websleuthers who suspected them and discussed it, were very apologetic at the end. (oh, btw, I personally did NOT suspect them and never said I did either)

I do NOT always say it's the husband. Believe me, I have to see some evidence, to me, that points that way. If you look at my posts when this case first began, I did NOT right away believe he did it, or I was hesitant to call the 'usual suspect.' But we've learned much more that points me in that direction.

IF he proves to be innocent, I'll be the FIRST to apologize for suspecting him. I've only had to do it once before. I'd watched a case for days and wasn't quite sure. But one day I decided he 'most likely was involved,' and the very next day the truth came out and he was majorally innocent. The moment I learned what happened, I came to Websleuths and apologized for my mistake. I'll do that here, IF I'm wrong.

Brad needs to realize that he IS the first person EVERYONE would look at for this crime. IF he did NOT do it, he doesn't need to worry because LE will learn that as well. But until then, he's on the 'short list.' Like I said, that's how this is played. He just needs to get over it and he'll get what he deserves. Nancy will get what she deserves. Isn't that what he wants as well?

Justice.

JMHO
fran

Just so you know, I've seen LOTS of cases and am only new to this board. I just don't get the same immediate feeling about the case like I did Scott Peterson, Jason Young, Ann Miller, Dirk Greinender, Michael Peterson, etc. I'm not saying he's innocent and I'm not saying he's guilty at this point. I just am trying to look at it all.

I agree that trashing the victim isn't the best way. But again, this was in regards to the custody of his two kids. He knew his in-laws were playing hardball based on the way they went about the emergency custody hearing (knowing where he was, knowing who his lawyers were, having plans to meet him, cops already trailing him so he couldn't run w/ the kids, etc. etc. etc.). It didn't have to be done in that fashion. Who knows? Maybe they would've reached the same agreement they reached in the end and then we wouldn't have ever had to hear the bad stuff about Nancy.

Hi charlie! :)

IMHO, he did NOT need to file all of those affidavits. For some unknown reason, his attorney decided this was a wise move. Unfortunate for Brad.

The attorney knew these would be public record. He KNEW this would get out in the public domain. He was playing to the people. Why?

ALL of that info COULD have been brought up in court, if necessary. Behind the judge's closed door. It was NOT necessary to YELL it from the highest steeple. NOT necessary at all.

Frankly, IMHO, it most likely made the judge SUSPICIOUS of the very one it was meant to make look innocent.

Just sayin'
fran

Same could be said of the affidavits made on behalf of Nancy. Lawyers !

fran, I was saying **Brad** possibly staged it to appear as a sexual assault. (torn shorts, brusing and tearing, but obviously no DNA)That may be the reason he is so anxious for the autopsy to be released.
First of all, joggers in a quiet neighborhoods are not usually snatched off a running path, killed and then driven a few miles away to a remote, barren area, 1.1 miles in the very back of an established subdivision.

Ehhhh......I can read between the lines. I was talking between them too! ;)
THAT is why I mentioned 'dna.' ie what dna? Be curious IF she had the appearance of a 'sexual assault' and there's NO dna evidence of a third party.

Just sayin'
fran

PS....Gosh! I hope he hasn't been studying recent high profile cases!:eek:
Planting 3rd party dna? good grief! waiting, waiting, waiting......:waitasec:
nahhh.......he wouldn't be THAT smart in criminal behavior! But another idiot was but it was DISCOVERED by LE......fran

PPS......Let's hope, IF it is him, he didn't study this other case!!!!:confused:

I hope the cops noticed which way her shoes were tied.
Remember helping your young kids tie their shoes ?

If they were placed and tied after her death, the 'direction' of the knot may be important evidence...

Ehhhh......I can read between the lines. I was talking between them too! ;)
THAT is why I mentioned 'dna.' ie what dna? Be curious IF she had the appearance of a 'sexual assault' and there's NO dna evidence of a third party.

Just sayin'
fran

Not all sex assaults end with ejaculation or pubic hairs remaining on the victim....just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyOfDragons