Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chances are they are turkey vultures, smaller than a condor (vulture) and pretty much all black. They are all over the place, from Canada to South America wide wing span you can see them high in the air hanging on the thermals. They live off of carrion as they are not predators.

Onescout,

I used to do a bit of birdwatching, and the only vultures we have in North Carolina are the Turkey Vulture and the Black Vulture. They are similar in size, and the main method of identifying them on the wing is that the Black Vulture has a shorter, more squared tail. If you can clearly see the wing, the Black Vulture has a faint white stripe on the wing, but it usually looks more gray, and the light has to be right to see it at all. The heads are a different color, the Turkey Vulture has a reddish head, while the Black Vulture has a grey head.

It could have been crows that were mis-identified as vultures. That would be a fairly easy mistake for someone unfamiliar with vultures to make, although in fact crows are MUCH smaller. However, I have seen several vultures along 1010 road, not very far from Holly Springs road. Where those roads intersect is beginning to have a larger number of houses built, but there is still some farmland around there. I guess the vultures have not complained enough about the city taxes yet and decided to move further out of town.

CyberPro

What is interesting about that is this:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3317399/

"Alice Stubbs, a Raleigh attorney representing Nancy Cooper's family, however, told WRAL News that they would respectfully ask that anyone with information about the case to call Cary police, not Brad Cooper's attorneys. "

Tells me a couple of things, the main one being that Brad's attorney's motion to have MS. Stubbs removed as counsul to the Rentz's was denied by the judge in that closed door meeting.

Yep - I'd agree with that. Sounds like she is still the attorney.

Is there some reason my Internet Explorer isn't letting me open thing? Isn't that a little strange?

<--not laughing about not being able to open Celebrity Baby Blog or the other thing

What is interesting about that is this:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3317399/

"Alice Stubbs, a Raleigh attorney representing Nancy Cooper's family, however, told WRAL News that they would respectfully ask that anyone with information about the case to call Cary police, not Brad Cooper's attorneys. "

Tells me a couple of things, the main one being that Brad's attorney's motion to have MS. Stubbs removed as counsul to the Rentz's was denied by the judge in that closed door meeting.

Tells me Alice Stubbs can clearly see through bullcrap.:clap:

Around here we call those big black birds "buzzards. They are plentiful during deer season. Many times I have seen them sitting right in the middle of the road until the car was right on them before they flew. Most likely they were not flying until they heard the dog coming or something else made them fly. They had probably located her by Sunday morning since it was so hot on Saturday. It doesn't take them long to locate what they see or smell. They don't fly long before they know where to land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foxtrot_tx