Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nooooooooooooooo :eek:

She's already makin me nervous as it is.

I found out how to put the pics on here like your doing. I actually found one of the shoe line up they are going to do in court with BC

Wish I wasn't so far away mom.....I'd go sleuthing with ya :Banane48: at least you'd have a bodyguard :woohoo:

dang....I can't get it to open.

I just came back and you say you can't get it to open? It is all the shoes in the post...Are you needing it bigger?...LOL

I couldn't find one with someone having their shoes on backwards like BC might have done.

Me neither.

And I'd totally go sleuthing with you guys!!! OOOH, the three of us could be Charlie's Angels. :floorlaugh:

Now I can always find something to get into! Come on over, we are going to have an outside den and build a fire pit hopefully this fall...we can sit around the fire and sleuth....
Right now I am stocking up on rice..

Mom, I really appreciate all your contributions!! I wish I could buy you one.

That is really sweet. You know some days are tougher than others and this one proved to be.

Anyone coming here for facts needs to go the LE for that, or wait until the case is heard in court IMO

That is really sweet. You know some days are tougher than others and this one proved to be.

Anyone coming here for facts needs to go the LE for that, or wait until the case is heard in court IMO

I believe that you are presenting as much information as you can. As RC mentioned, this information is most likely already known to investigators. Thanks for filling us in. I hope that there is an arrest very soon and then we will all learn more.

We absolutely appreciate everything you've done MT3K to help us all understand elements of this case. The most important thing is for you and your loved ones to stay safe and we understand that in order for that to happen that you absolutely cannot reveal your sources or otherwise jeopardize yourself.
:blowkiss:

I was driving back home from my (non-swanky) gym tonight and thinking about when a spouse is murdered and it's NOT the intimate partner. You know the remaining spouse is often seen in/around the community, on TV, in articles, talking about the dead spouse, looking for the perp, keeping the publicity up...it's often a way to cope as well as I'm sure coming from a place of grief and anger. Families do this who have a loved one that is murdered too.

Now let's look at Brad. Assume for a moment he's innocent. Wife is murdered. Mother of his kids dead. And...no reaction other than a look of annoyance at the press conf. Doesn't attend any memorial, none of Nancy's friends are consoling him. Nancy's parents think he did it, he's lost custody of the kids temporarily...

and...

he's just kind of doing a virtual shrug.

This 'devastated' man who now has allll the time in the world to help seek the killer of his wife is just hanging out. Now I know people grieve in different ways; of course they do.

But this guy? Does nothing. He or someone in his home removes the white bow honoring Nancy, from the front of his house. He could have made a sign, "Justice for Nancy." He could have done lots of little/quiet things. But what does he do?

Nothing.

This 'innocent' guy, whose wife (who he claims to love) was murdered...the mother of his 2 little girls...does

NOTHING.

And yes, that's absolutely his right.

But it doesn't look right.

I know. I guess he is living in the shadows.

the media may know more, also, and have been asked not to talk.

but, so many of us live & breathe & walk & shop exercise in the same areas, places, & greenways, and we are friends/colleagues/neighbors with some of those close to nancy, people who know brad, people who knew nancy, the LE investigating nancy's murder, the man who found nancy, the dog with the man who found nancy, the pastors, the neighbors, the preschool people, the list goes on.... and, of course, we hear things because we're close to many of these folks & we've all been quite distraught, & we've talked & listened & cried together & heard things.....and carefully talk about it all so we can do whatever we can, on a small scale, to help justice be served for Nancy

I am glad to know that the community remains focused on justice for Nancy. The media may be limited as to what they can report in this case. However, I keep expecting the media to report on other aspects of the case (such as the websleuths site). Perhaps I am being naive, but isn't it possible that increased public pressure will help to move the investigation forward?

It is such an unusual story. I say this mainly because of the way that her husband, family and friends responded. And, I am a little afraid that the mainstream public (at least in other areas) will stop thinking about it. Her family and (perhaps her friends?) are not able to talk about it anymore. Wasn't that one of the conditions under which Nancy's parents were given temporary custody? I think the media has a certain responsibility to keep this case alive and in the public eye.

I am glad to know that the community remains focused on justice for Nancy. The media may be limited as to what they can report in this case. However, I keep expecting the media to report on other aspects of the case (such as the websleuths site). Perhaps I am being naive, but isn't it possible that increased public pressure will help to move the investigation forward?

It is such an unusual story. I say this mainly because of the way that her husband, family and friends responded. And, I am a little afraid that the mainstream public (at least in other areas) will stop thinking about it. Her family and (perhaps her friends?) are not able to talk about it anymore. Wasn't that one of the conditions under which Nancy's parents were given temporary custody? I think the media has a certain rresponsibility to keep this case alive and in the public eye.

The DA in Wake County is not influenced by public pressure to make an arrest before he feels he has an airtight case.

Look at the Michelle Young murder that is nearly 2 years old without an arrest....yea, another wife killing where we know the husband is the likely perpetrator.

The DA in Wake County is not influenced by public pressure to make an arrest before he feels he has an airtight case.

Look at the Michelle Young murder that is nearly 2 years old without an arrest....yea, another wife killing where we know the husband is the likely perpetrator.

Though in actuality, in the Young case (or Cooper case), we don't know for sure that the DA doesn't already feel there is an airtight case, and has presented same to GJ but an indictment was not returned (those pesky GJ folks)...[ Also, (as RC mentioned), in either or both cases, an indictment may have already actually been returned, but they are delaying the arrest to gather more evidence for the trial]

It is such an unusual story. I say this mainly because of the way that her husband, family and friends responded. And, I am a little afraid that the mainstream public (at least in other areas) will stop thinking about it. Her family and (perhaps her friends?) are not able to talk about it anymore. Wasn't that one of the conditions under which Nancy's parents were given temporary custody? I think the media has a certain responsibility to keep this case alive and in the public eye.

Anderson, just to reassure you, this case is WAY in the public eye. People talk about it at most of the events that I'm at, & she is not in the least forgotten. For a few days, we were seething at John Edwards, but even in our furor about his behavior, we have kept Nancy front-and-center.

Nonetheless, though, public pressure isn't necessary in Cary to bring this case forward. As with Michelle Young, when these kinds of murders happen, LE makes a personal commitment to bring the killers to justice & their commitment isn't impacted by the public. If anything, too much info in the Media has the potential to damage their case because of how our legal system works in NC. So, the media are being careful, & LE are working around the clock on the various issues surrounding this case.

I think the media has a certain responsibility to keep this case alive and in the public eye.

There's a number of upcoming milestones in this case that will keep it front-and-center in the media/public eye (in the Cary area, the Edmonton area, and probably others where there's general interest).

Specifically, the (potential) unsealing of the search-warrants 6 business days from now, then approximately 3 weeks after that the court (custody-related) hearing to determine if the husband should undergo a deep psychiatric probe conducted by 3rd party, and finally about 1 month after that the (potential) court hearing to determine permanent custody of the children.

So no worries about this one fading anytime soon... and of course all the above is just the known upcoming events. Other things can happen (e.g. arrest) in addition to bring it full center again.

I hope this day is a better one for you!! and, like others, I'm very grateful for all the information and thoughts you've shared with us. The facts will come out and I'm looking forward to being able to see the pieces you've given us fall into place. -- And, obviously, the highlight will be seeing the one who committed this horrendous crime brought to justice. He deserves no mercy!! :furious:

With the wreath, if/when one is put up somewhere do you think the local paper will notice and post a picture? I'd like to think so, but regardless it will be a reminder to everyone that Nancy has not been forgotten... All of you Cary ladies (and men) have helped keep her front and center, and that's how it should be :blowkiss:

Question for anyone: http://www.gratefulness.org has virtual candle lighting, and I know there's a group set up for a missing Georgia woman (that's how I learned of the site), but I don't have a clue how to set something like that up. Does anyone? And does it sound like a good idea or not? The link for the candles is http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng and I see the link for Groups, but again I'm not sure how to do it or if it should even be done. So just a thought.

Mom, if he messed up that badly with the shoes, well I'm not even sure what to say. What he tried at LTF was stupid enough (I can see him trying to use hers (by accident) as someone stated and then leaving -- but Not using his and then trying to have hers scanned). Oh and there are a couple of his Ironman photos that let you see his tat; not clear enough to see what it is but you can see that he does have one (above ankle). I'd seen that before you posted and was wondering what it was of.

I hope this day is a better one for you!! and, like others, I'm very grateful for all the information and thoughts you've shared with us. The facts will come out and I'm looking forward to being able to see the pieces you've given us fall into place. -- And, obviously, the highlight will be seeing the one who committed this horrendous crime brought to justice. He deserves no mercy!! :furious:

With the wreath, if/when one is put up somewhere do you think the local paper will notice and post a picture? I'd like to think so, but regardless it will be a reminder to everyone that Nancy has not been forgotten... All of you Cary ladies (and men) have helped keep her front and center, and that's how it should be :blowkiss:

Question for anyone: http://www.gratefulness.org has virtual candle lighting, and I know there's a group set up for a missing Georgia woman (that's how I learned of the site), but I don't have a clue how to set something like that up. Does anyone? And does it sound like a good idea or not? The link for the candles is http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng and I see the link for Groups, but again I'm not sure how to do it or if it should even be done. So just a thought.

Mom, if he messed up that badly with the shoes, well I'm not even sure what to say. What he tried at LTF was stupid enough (I can see him trying to use hers (by accident) as someone stated and then leaving -- but Not using his and then trying to have hers scanned). Oh and there are a couple of his Ironman photos that let you see his tat; not clear enough to see what it is but you can see that he does have one (above ankle). I'd seen that before you posted and was wondering what it was of.

i don't know how i missed it, but i've missed something with the shoes. could somebody let me know what the situation is with his shoes. THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donald Redfield