Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone, for everything. Monday is the big day, cause it's Nancy's Birthday.

I won't be there when the media comes, cause I don't like the fanfare. I'll be home watching!

I really need photos though. Maybe DD will get some.

A new thread may not be necessary, since it's only a birthday thing. A few days.

Hey NCNative, We need someone to speak for Nancy. I'll be here for a while longer so let me know if you hear from her and if she is ok with doing a short interview on Monday. If she isn't then we'll have to find someone or I'll do it under strict circumstances that I'll make sure Amanda and Ed adhere to. Thank you so much for all you have done so far. If you decide you want to get involved with another case please PM me - I/We could use your help in the Michelle Young case with upcoming events :)

Hey NCNative, We need someone to speak for Nancy. I'll be here for a while longer so let me know if you hear from her and if she is ok with doing a short interview on Monday. If she isn't then we'll have to find someone or I'll do it under strict circumstances that I'll make sure Amanda and Ed adhere to. Thank you so much for all you have done so far. If you decide you want to get involved with another case please PM me - I/We could use your help in the Michelle Young case with upcoming events :)
If DD won't do it and NCN wants to stay out of the limelight; I think Momto3 would be the next best to represent our group. If she wants to stay anonymous for obvious reasons, then I vote for SleuthyGal to talk to the media. I've met her. She's smart and well spoken and would make quite a good impression for our group and would do Nancy's memory justice. JMO

If DD won't do it and NCN wants to stay out of the limelight; I think Momto3 would be the next best to represent our group. If she wants to stay anonymous for obvious reasons, then I vote for SleuthyGal to talk to the media. I've met her. She's smart and well spoken and would make quite a good impression for our group and would do Nancy's memory justice. JMO

Momto3 or SG would be great!!! Just let me know how I can help!!!!

Momto3 and SG are y'all here??????

reddress - I've met SG too and she is awesome. I don't mean to step on toes - all I mean is SOMEONE has to speak for Nancy - so I'll do it if no one else wants to get in front of the media. Trust me I've sttod up in Michelle's case and it ain't always been pretty. But I will not let another NC mother and child(ren) go by the wayside with no one to speak up for them.

Nifong didn't go with the obvious, he outright lied.
And I never said anyone said NC was deserving of her murder.
Who's putting words in someone's mouth here?!

From GOLO:

"Please define "nonsense". Or is that just the term for someone who doesn't share your opinion?"

Nonsense is coming up with assumptions that aren't even in the realm of possibility. Nonsense is blaming the victim for the crime. Nonsense is having no basis for your criticism when things were exactly opposite of what you claimed.

I do not have anything against having an opinion. Those who have stated they believe Brad innocent until proven guilty do not provoke a response. What I am fighting against is people saying mean things against people who were only trying to help, people who were concerned, people who come across to the public in general as good people but who are maligned on this board simply because they are anonymous.
jmflu
July 25, 2008 12:40 p.m.
Report abuse
"That fact that he agreed to this just shows how he does care for his childeren"

Well, let's see, he filed a motion to have their custody dismissed.

So, in your opinion, he went in fighting, and came out acqueiscing because of how much he cared for his children?

How about all the evidence pointed to him and he had no choice but to agree? What other reason could there be that he went in fighting to get the kids and came out agreeing to let them be kept by the parents AND he can only get supervised visitation?!

magwai, I will keep my fingers crossed that you, too, will one day see the light... but then again, I have the feeling you never will. Even if Brad CONFESSED, you'd still say..."ohh he was coerced...and she probably deserved it..."

PATHETIC.
jmflu
July 25, 2008 5:01 p.m.
Report abuse

Must've been a different JMFLU. My bad. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the welcome, reddress58!

I guess the sticking point for me is that I just haven't had the big ah ha! moment. You know what I mean? I know that sounds vague but I'm looking for that one fact that indisputably says to me He Did It! I'm just not there yet. To me, there just aren't enough facts to say so.

So, until then, I'll continue to follow this case, educate myself as much as possible, and absorb the terrific insights of the posters on this board both pro and con.

If and when that ah ha! moment comes, I'll be sure to jump back in and let you know what swayed my opinion.
I completely understand! I felt as you did until...it was when a few of us went to the recovery site. (I call it the dump site as I truly believe it is) THAT did it for me. The route from Wallsburg to there to HT just makes too much sense. Putting NC there would not be logical for a random killer who accousted her anywhere along her typical running routes. I guess you almost have to walk in his shoes to feel that "Ah Ha" moment.

Yikes.

It would REALLY be nice if someone who actually knew Nancy could be there to talk about her. I think it's important.

I work fulltime and won't be able to be at JJ at 4pm on Monday, so I urge everyone to find folks in NC's neighborhood who knew her.

From GOLO:

Must've been a different JMFLU. My bad. :rolleyes:

I thought you were talking about HERE! Oh, yes, there were definitely some nutjobs on GOLO who inferred exactly the things I indicated!

And that is why I find it so much more intelligent on this website!

I chose the same moniker for a reason. I am not ashamed of anything I have said on GOLO OR on here. Thanks for the posts... keep 'em coming! Perhaps you can post some of the idiotic, pathetic, ignorant posts you read on Golo, as well!

Yikes.

It would REALLY be nice if someone who actually knew Nancy could be there to talk about her. I think it's important.

I work fulltime and won't be able to be at JJ at 4pm on Monday, so I urge everyone to find folks in NC's neighborhood who knew her.

I agree it would be great if someone who knew Nancy would speak but we can't let this go by without some one speaking for her and her girls. SG, you are such a cutie and you would be awesome for this - can't you leave just a little early????? :blowkiss:

You, too, would be awesome and seemingly know the ropes for this kind of thing. Because I've met SG, I know personally how she's really taken this case to heart. I doubt there is a single question she couldn't answer with the utmost accuracy and with the right degree of sympathy/empathy (minus any overdone drama). She's a natural and so articulate. (I, for one, may THINK that way but would be a bumbling idiot in front of a camera and an interviewer. :) Some people just "got it". SG does.

Guys, I know SG, and she is probably freaking out right now at the thought of going on camera, revealing who she is, and having BC see her!!! She is an awesome and smart individual and I am certain she is very flattered but I think she probably would like to not go on cam!

JMO

Guys, I know SG, and she is probably freaking out right now at the thought of going on camera, revealing who she is, and having BC see her!!! She is an awesome and smart individual and I am certain she is very flattered but I think she probably would like to not go on cam!

JMO
Is that how you feel, SG? If so, I'll keep my mouth shut. I understand.

I am concerned a little bit about security...not so much about BC, but just in general and outing myself.

Also, I don't live in that community or anywhere close to it...I don't know any of the inner circle personally (or even a tangential circle). I dunno.

Is that how you feel, SG? If so, I'll keep my mouth shut. I understand.

WOW I never thought of that. Maybe she doesn't want to go in front of a camera. We still have a while so maybe we will hear from DD. There is a thread dedicated to this subject if y'all want to talk about it more.

I agree it would be great if someone who knew Nancy would speak but we can't let this go by without some one speaking for her and her girls. SG, you are such a cutie and you would be awesome for this - can't you leave just a little early????? :blowkiss:

Don't wanna pressure you either but........um.........it would be nice if "someone" would say something.......anything.

Nifong didn't go with the obvious, he outright lied.

To make the facts support what he initially thought was obvious. It was obvious to him from the beginning what happened. But when the evidence didn't support it, he suppressed it instead of dropping the charges in an attempt to make the obvious a reality.

Off Topic:eek:fftheair:

For all you legal eagles: This came up at dinner with friends last night: What IF... saying that ONE got into a heated brawl with ONE's spouse, and, in a rage ONE killed that spouse... ONE immediataely calls LE and says, "something awful just happened and I need to tell you the truth of what I did in the heat of the moment".

Our groups' question: Would ONE fare better legally fessing up in this way? Or would ONE's attorney most likely suggest ONE take the high road and deny, deny, deny?

I thought you were talking about HERE! Oh, yes, there were definitely some nutjobs on GOLO who inferred exactly the things I indicated!

And that is why I find it so much more intelligent on this website!

I chose the same moniker for a reason. I am not ashamed of anything I have said on GOLO OR on here. Thanks for the posts... keep 'em coming! Perhaps you can post some of the idiotic, pathetic, ignorant posts you read on Golo, as well!

You see. This is why you were ridiculed on GOLO. Because if anybody deigned to question or not share your opinion, you ridiculed them.

You equate: waiting for the evidence == pro-Brad, regardless of the waiting-for-the-evidence crowd's statements that when the evidence is revealed and it supports that Brad did it, that they would then agree. Instead you put words in their mouths saying they will probably say "she deserved it."

The only rational discourse you shared with those on GOLO were with those who agreed with your opinion.

Say what you want about Nifong but bottom line he was a prejudice SOB. I'm a white woman. Shock shock What I DON'T agree with is her new book deal. Bottom line - he wanted soooo bad to hang some white boys in a predominantly black Durham county.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum