Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember mom3kids' original post correctly, the cops knew what time he allegedly made the purchase and asked for that particular piece of video. If that's the case and if my memory is correct, then I have to guess they either found the receipt or he paid with plastic, neither of which would be very smart if you're trying to cover your tracks.

IIRC he told the police he went to the store for bread and Milk at a certain time. The PD check the film and went back farther and discovered it was around 4 AM instead of the time he gave. Also bought detergent with bleach

IIRC he told the police he went to the store for bread and Milk at a certain time. The PD check the film and went back farther and discovered it was around 4 AM instead of the time he gave. Also bought detergent with bleach

"Huh....I think I'll need to do a load of whites when I get home before the sun is up.":doh:

There seem to have been a lot of people asking why he didn't call the police when his wife didn't come home, but realistically, they were not in a happy marriage. She was at the pool with the kids on Friday afternoon, and was at home with them every day when he was at work. She went out to a party without him (it seems) on Friday night, and I haven't heard anything about how she got home (drove herself, another friend, walked, etc.) or what time she left the party. Honestly, in her situation I might very well have said on more than one occasion..."I'm going out and I'll be back when I get back". She already had plans for the day without him. If he was having an affair then he obviously wasn't the loving and concerned husband that would typically be waiting for his wife to come home so they could do something together on a Saturday afternoon. It seems they were already trying to stay out of eachothers way.

It is my understanding as well like the earlier post that in custoday battles attorneys do recommend that you stay with the children at home until it is settled (having a friend who just went through this). I don't know for a fact but I thought I heard that the parent who leaves can be portrayed as abandoning the family.

I really beleive the store video scenario. I think thats what busted him. I wonder if he looked like he had been awake all night the next day when police came. JMO :eek: Another thing is neighbors gossip and i bet they let everything loose on brad to Police. The more they dug the more evrything points at him. JMO If hes not guilty i will gladly eat my hat because i dont want him to be!

A little update... I went to the site where Nancy was found to see if anyone had started leaving flowers, wreath, notes, etc. There was not. The problem I encountered is there are 2 cul-de-sacs that do not have a street sign yet. Both of the silt basins appear close in size, the white plastic in the same location, etc, so I did not want to start a memorial on the wrong one.

All the silt basins have the white plasic, so it was not there covering her like some thought it might be. The basins are not deep at all, they are a run off and temporary until a certain portion of the building is completed then they can be filled in.

Her home is surrounded with police, tv cameras, many cars, and of course yellow tape. I pass her home on almost a daily basis and today is no exception heading out on my normal route.

I have to say I am still very confused as and IF it is Brad how he knew of this undeveloped area to go to if he had not scoped it first.
Reason 1: Holly Springs Rd is absolutely not a road to jog (if he jogs) for any reason with its narrow roads, speed, hills and curves, etc.
Reason 2: He would have no absolutely no reason to head off Cary Pkwy in that direction for gas, groceries, resturants, work, etc.
Reason 3: The entrance to the new section is 1/2 mile behind an older home section that many would not even know about.

The only thing I can think of they might have friends in there and be aware of it. I don't know if at one time they might been looking to build in there. There are many new subdivisions going up around my home within a mile and I don't know what is going on within them, especially if it is in an opposite direction for me.

Being there today, all the activity occuring right outside the cul de sac, home being built, trucks, shallow water,etc So now I wonder if possible just possible premeditated by husband?

thanks for the update, & clearing up the white plastic for me!

I really beleive the store video scenario. I think thats what busted him. I wonder if he looked like he had been awake all night the next day when police came. JMO :eek: Another thing is neighbors gossip and i bet they let everything loose on brad to Police. The more they dug the more evrything points at him. JMO If hes not guilty i will gladly eat my hat because i dont want him to be!

Actually if the "scratches on his arms" are real, then that is what will really get him. Wouldn't his skin,dna be under Nancy's fingernails?

There seem to have been a lot of people asking why he didn't call the police when his wife didn't come home, but realistically, they were not in a happy marriage. She was at the pool with the kids on Friday afternoon, and was at home with them every day when he was at work. She went out to a party without him (it seems) on Friday night, and I haven't heard anything about how she got home (drove herself, another friend, walked, etc.) or what time she left the party. Honestly, in her situation I might very well have said on more than one occasion..."I'm going out and I'll be back when I get back". She already had plans for the day without him. If he was having an affair then he obviously wasn't the loving and concerned husband that would typically be waiting for his wife to come home so they could do something together on a Saturday afternoon. It seems they were already trying to stay out of eachothers way.

It is my understanding as well like the earlier post that in custoday battles attorneys do recommend that you stay with the children at home until it is settled (having a friend who just went through this). I don't know for a fact but I thought I heard that the parent who leaves can be portrayed as abandoning the family.

welcome swimmom:)
very good point made!..thanks

& with your last paragraph, i have no idea how all that works, but it DOES sound like it could be the case....hmmmm

Posted this yesterday. It is such a pleasure to read here. Nice group of people.
I wonder what time she left the party the night before. Has that been mentioned? As always, sadly, looks like the husband did this. Somehow, these bright, educated , successful men have a complete moment of stupidity and think murdering their wives is a solution !

yes, this is how i understand it also....

<snip>

quote]

Swimmom,

This makes sense to me and I was questioning why he didn't call LE to report Nancy missing. My bigger and more important question however is why a friend would call to report Nancy missing because she did not show up for a pre-arranged event they had.

What would make a friend call and report Nancy missing because of that ? Thinking about that - wow !

Posted this yesterday. It is such a pleasure to read here. Nice group of people.
I wonder what time she left the party the night before. Has that been mentioned? As always, sadly, looks like the husband did this. Somehow, these bright, educated , successful men have a complete moment of stupidity and think murdering their wives is a solution !

i read somewhere it was "a little after midnight" when she left the party....

raisincharlie said:
Swimmom,

This makes sense to me and I was questioning why he didn't call LE to report Nancy missing. My bigger and more important question however is why a friend would call to report Nancy missing because she did not show up for a pre-arranged event they had.

What would make a friend call and report Nancy missing because of that ? Thinking about that - wow !

a friend that knew something, IMO...knew that Nancy possibly feared for her life??

eta...ok, that sounded a bit dramatic, although i think it's still possible.....but it could be a friend that maybe knew that Nancy was afraid of Brad...maybe something was mentioned by Nancy to this friend, & when Brad didn't seem concerned, she got a red flag?

i read somewhere it was "a little after midnight" when she left the party....

Thanks. The chit must have hit the fan when she came home. I'm thinking if he said she went jogging he must have dumped her there unclothed. This is so pathetic; lovely home, adorable children.

Has he lawyered up yet?

Just being devil's advocate regarding the scratches on his arms. If he was assisting in the search, he could have worn sleeves to avoid tree branches, briars, etc. Doesn't really explain why he would STILL have them on in one of the later photos. Mosquitoes are also pretty bad around here right now and he could have had bites and scratched them which may have left marks. He could have worn sleeves just to avoid having these scratches seen, preventing any further speculation. Just some random thoughts.

Actually if the "scratches on his arms" are real, then that is what will really get him. Wouldn't his skin,dna be under Nancy's fingernails?

Let's see. The defense for that? "We had rough sex the night before." :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam