GUILTY NC - Antoinetta McKoy, 28, & Jadon Higganbothan, 4, murdered, Durham, Oct-Dec 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jadon Higganbothan, whose mother is reportedly a member of a splinter group of the Black Hebrews sect, has been missing since October. An ex-member told police the boy was shot dead by cult leader Peter Moses, according to a warrant obtained by NBC News.

The unidentified former member also accused Higganbothan's mother, Vania Sisk, of beating and fatally shooting Antoinetta McKoy, a missing North Carolina woman thought to have been living with the group.

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/09/defector-says-missing-north-carolina-boy-jadon-higganbothan-was/
Police in North Carolina say the group has since returned to Durham. A warrant was issued for Sisk's arrest there after she failed to show up to a court date Tuesday on a marijuana charge.

Another bump for Jadon and Antoinetta. Have found nothing new, not even a mention as to whether Vania was picked up for failing to show for her pot charge!

These families deserve some answers! News outlets need to be asking more questions about what's going on - both in NC, and DC press in the case of Antoinettas disappearance.

DPD searching woods near missing boy's home
snip

DURHAM (WTVD) -- Authorities in Durham are searching a wooded area near the home where missing 5-year-old Jadon Higganbothan was last seen.

Several law enforcement officers are searching on Tammy Lane and Ed Cook Road, near S Alston Ave.

It is not clear exactly what authorities are looking for, but search warrants indicate that investigators believe the boy was killed possibly by a man named Pete Moses Jr., who police believe is the leader of a suspected cult.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8026810

So, if it is true, that Jadon was shot and killed awhile ago, what made Vania stay with this group and not runf for her own life? I really do not understand the hold one adult can have over another.

TripleA, that's what is so creepy and dangerous about cults, IMO. It is scary how otherwise sensible, intelligent people can be hoodwinked by these creepy leaders, and get sucked in, I think, by the comfort of being part of a group. Under some of the earlier articles about Vania, friends and family were posting about what a smart, "together" (my word, I'm paraphrasing from memory, but that was the gist of it) woman she used to be. makes you wonder what brought her to a place where she became "prey" for this cult and it's leader.

Found another article about the searches yesterday, and the quotes from Antoinettas mother just break my heart:

"Whatever is done in the dark, I'm trusting God is going to bring it to the light," McKoy's mother, Yvonne McKoy, said in a telephone interview Tuesday.

"I had to go through her things because I'm in the process of moving, and everything I touched reminded me of her. Everything I looked at reminded me of her, and it's a very hurtful thing," Yvonne McKoy said. "I feel like I've been robbed. I really do feel like I've been robbed of the joy of having her with me."

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9308602/

This mother needs her daughter found - no matter what end she has come to. Sadly I think neither Antoinetta nor Jadon are with us any longer, but their families still need them home. I wish there were more focus on them in the media. And I hope to heck they've been grilling this cult leader and other members for more information, and that arrests will come soon.

I would not be at all surprised if Vania disappears forever now.

Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to let her AND the guy accused of killing her son go free?

She is allegedly a witness to 2 homicides connected to this guy.

Possibly committed one under his instruction.

Both of which he has gotten away with up to this point.

If that isn't a motive for murder, I don't know what is.

I know there is a warrant NOW... there should be for Vania too since she missed her court date... but they should have found a way to hold one of them. Vania they probably could have found a way to hold because of Jadon being missing.

Really, she would likely be a huge witness at any future trial and quite frankly, if this guy does not kill her and whoever the "informant" is... I will be shocked. For him it would seem like a logical, necessary action to try to preserve his freedom.

I wouldn't be surprised if he already has killed Vania if he's going to do it. She already missed her court date and I would think he would have done it before then... in case she was arrested there.

Hopefully I'm wrong... I guess we will see.

I know there is a warrant NOW... there should be for Vania too since she missed her court date... but they should have found a way to hold one of them. Vania they probably could have found a way to hold because of Jadon being missing.

Came back to see if there was any more info - bug just wanted to clarify that when I said earlier "they did issue a warrant" I wasn't directing that at you in a snarky way MsF, but was answering my own earlier wondering if they would... Wasn't sure if I came across wrong there, so thought I would clarify :). That's what I get for "talking" out loud to myself lol...

Back on topic though, no new news on whether they've picked him up yet. I hate how quiet the press is on this story. Still thinking of Jadon and Antoinettas families :(

Warrant: Police link mother to missing Durham boy's death

Police believe the mother of a missing Durham boy and a man she used to live with were "directly involved" in the slayings of the boy and a missing woman, according to a search warrant released Tuesday.

Jadon Higganbothan, 5, hasn't been seen since October, while Antoinetta Yvonne McKoy, 28, hasn't been seen since December and was reported missing by her family in Washington, D.C., in early February.

More: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9388729/

Bullets and blood found at home of missing Durham boy

New search warrants show that alleged cult leader Peter Moses and Vania Sisk are "directly involved in the murder of a juvenile and an adult."

[snip]

The warrants also showed officers recovered blood samples, bullets and bullet casings from a home on Pear Tree Lane. The items were collected in February, shortly after Higganbothan and McKoy were reported missing.

[snip]

Investigators are also looking at a MySpace account belonging to Sisk and Moses. Police wanted to look at Moses' YouTube account, saying they were looking for relevant information related to the investigation.

More: http://www2.nbc17.com/news/durham-c...lood-found-home-durham-missing-boy-ar-922810/

Thanks for the update. Since this woman has now been linked to her son's 'likely' death, I was wondering if Jadon could have his own thread.
Antoinetta McKoy doesn't have her own thread either.....the adult female also thought to have been murdered by Vania Sisk and Peter Moses.

Thanks for the update. Since this woman has now been linked to her son's 'likely' death, I was wondering if Jadon could have his own thread.
Antoinetta McKoy doesn't have her own thread either.....the adult female also thought to have been murdered by Vania Sisk and Peter Moses.

I will change the heading on this one so it shows only Jadon as the missing person. Please feel free to start a thread for Antoinetta if you wish. Is there enough information out there about Antoinetta to have her own thread? Or should I add her name to this thread?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exam_Dumps
Back