NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess was that it was Casey's sister. Only because an accent coming through the distortion sounded feminine. Just my first guess though.

Also, thank you ACR for bringing everything back into perspective. I also want to understand all perspectives, but I am not going to reinvent the wheel to do it.

I agree, I'm an Occam's Razor kind of person in most instances.

Does anyone know if it has ever been confirmed that one of Erica's half sisters talked to her on FB last year, asked her how she was doing and she replied "I'm fine". Supposedly she was going under a different name and this was after she "went to live with Nan".

Sorry, I did miss your post back on August 21st. I'm bringing over your post #824 since it's two thread behind and difficult to attach as a quote being brought forward as reference.

====================================
Post #824 on Websleuths thread #1, page 34:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218375&page=34

08-21-2013, 10:58 PM

Regarding James Parsons, take a look at this older clip.

http://www.wsoctv.com/videos/news/family-members-say-missing-15-year-old-had-painful/v8WJG/

Even though the reporter refers to "family members", it is clear from the clip that only one person is interviewed. I suspect it is James Parsons for many reasons.

I would like to hear more from the birth mom. She did not dispute that she assisted taking Erica from her adoptive parents, she just pointed out that the real Nan had been dead. If SP and CP are better options to parent this child than Carolyn, what does that say about her?

====================================

First, can you clarify that the "James" you are referencing is "James 'Jamie' Parsons" (the Parsons' son) and not somebody named James Goodman as your current post here implies where you're showing it as "I've also had James and Billy Goodman in my radar." Or is there a James Goodman we don't know about?

I went back and listened and watched the video you referenced in your link.

Granted there is only one person (referenced in the video as a family member) speaking out in the video, in a distorted voice so they wouldn't be identified. If the news station interviewed more than one family member, they obviously didn't show nor include them in this video.

I'm "assuming" that you're suggesting that the distorted voice family member is "James 'Jamie" Parsons" and not another family member, or that it's confusing that the news reporter stated they talked with "Family member(S)" and not just one family member who requested to be anonymous?

My take on the family member who spoke anonymously is that it wasn't "James 'Jamie' Parsons" talking but another unknown family member. Jamie lived in the same house, with the same family for the whole 12-13 years that Erica lived there so I would think he was a absolute primary witness to any abuse of Erica over the years by anybody in that house.

The video news clip states, "Tonight family members of Erica Parsons sat down only with eyewitness news to express their hurt, sorrow and disgust of the disappearance of a young girl nearly two years ago. They say they found out a week ago today that Erica was missing, but since 2011, family members say they were told the adopted girl was living in Asheville with her birth family."

Jamie stated to LE that the last time he saw Erica was November or December 2011 so he knew she was missing a lot longer than a week ago. That kind of narrows it down that the anonymous family member speaking was not Jamie Parsons.

Regarding Billy Dean Goodman, yeah, he's on my radar also, but other than knowing about his mile long criminal record, we know very little about him. According to Casey Parsons, he claims he's not Erica's father. Well, with a criminal record like his, I don't think I'd volunteer fatherhood and child support payments either!! But hey, if you know more about him and are willing to share, that would be cool.

Regarding Carolyn.... You are implying that Carolyn "assisted taking Erica from her adoptive parents."

Did Carolyn push Casey Parsons fingers on the keyboard to talk to somebody she claimed was named Irene Goodman aka "Nan" on Facebook?

Did Carolyn accompany Casey and Sandy Parsons to Mooresville to meet "Nan" and "Strawberry" and "Kelly" in September, November and December 2011?

Did Carolyn send herself those Facebook postings from Casey Parsons Facebook account in March 2013 pretending that Erica was fine, going camping, taking driving lessons, and that Erica, and Brook were in Asheville with Casey’s aunt, a complete YEAR after Erica was missing?

And speaking of others, who... "when you get called out and can talk directly into a big ole news camera?" There is video and transcripts of Casey and Sandy Parsons talking hours and hours directly to the big ole news camera(S). So it's not like many are not seeing and hearing both sides of the story.

And as far as your quote, "If SP and CP are better options to parent this child than Carolyn, what does that say about her?" It says about her, that back in 1998 that Carolyn felt she couldn't take care of Erica, for whatever reasons, and she decided to give her up for adoption hoping for a better life than what she felt she could have given her.

So now the question is, did Erica get a better life and where is Erica now, and why don't those trusting adopted parents that Carolyn thought she believed in have one iota of anything to know where their daughter is 24/7 to contact her directly?

No, I don't know everything, and this is a complicated case with a lot of side players, but I'm more than willing to learn more. My eyes and ears are open.

I'm for the victim, the one that can't speak for herself, Erica Parsons, where are you?

ACR :seeya:

The way I see it is obviously Carolyn nor Casey felt that Carolyn was capable of caring for Erica for whatever reason, so I don't see why either would think it would be a good idea to start making life altering decisions for Erica after all those years. So why would Casey think yeah that's a good idea, let's do whatever you say now. That wouldn't make Casey a bad parent? Sure looks like bad parenting to me no matter how you look at it.

I've been following this case since it aired on Dr. Phil and I hate to think that this poor girl is dead at the hands of these idiots, I've been racking my brain trying to think of other possibilities.

One thing that jumped out at me and has been in the back of my mind is that on the FB page that has been set up for Erica, a person on there has commented a couple of times that they are sure they have seen her, I think they said in one of the neighboring counties, on the streets looking like she was strung out on drugs. They commented on the age progression photo that it looked just like her only a lot thinner. I have seen people speculating that maybe she ran away. I suppose this could be a possibility and her so called "parents" didn't bother to report her missing, figuring she would eventually come home but the more time that went by as they continued to cash her checks they decided they couldn't go to the police because it would look bad for them not reporting her in the beginning. So Casey concocted this "Nan" story to tell the relatives and then the authorities. The only problem with this would be someone would have to had known/seen her after all this publicity and the reward $$ and would come forward. Also, from the reports and interviews, it sounds like this girl wasn't very mature or the type that would runaway, so IDK.
Another possibility that crossed my mind is what if this "Strawberry" person, who has been rumored to be Billy Goodman's significant other, is behind this, was trying to get back at Carolyn Parsons for having an affair with her man, and has always resented the child he had with her. Seems like a pretty elaborate scheme to get back at someone for cheating on you but people can be so crazy, who knows? I would like to know how far the authorities are going as far as investigating the Goodman clan. Seems fishy to me that BG would deny to the authorities that he even has a kid, if that's even the truth.

I know the most logical and probable truth is that CP and SP are ultimately responsible for whatever happened to her, whether it be they killed her (intentionally or accidentally) or they sold her to human traffickers. CP has told so many lies now, maybe she is pulling a Casey Anthony and thinks the more she lies and changes her story, the more confused people will be, not knowing the truth, and she'll get away with it like CA did.

I've laid awake at night trying to think of how this could have happened, how two adult parents could just hand their child over to somebody they claim to know, but know nothing about, and then never see that child again and just go on with there lives like she was never there. And then to watch Casey to sit through not one but two major media interviews stone faced as though what they did was as normal as sending your kid off to camp where she was going to be riding the horses and having the time of her life.

Then I went into thoughts of horror wondering if they left her at a McDonalds in Mooresville eating a Happy Meal while they pretending to use the restrooms but instead drove off heading back to Salisbury. And that would fit into thoughts that some pervert grabbed her and had her working the streets, or sold on the sex market and starring in some *advertiser censored* video.

It's hard to get out of my head the image that Sandy Parsons explained on Dr. Phil how he never met or talked to this "Nan" person EVER, and how he just sat there in their van on that chilly December day, and he said he gave Erica her pat on the head as she got out of the van to walk across McDonald's parking lot to "Nan's SUV."

They didn't even park next to each other?

I wondered, what did Sandy and Casey talk about on that two hour drive back to Salisbury on the 17th of December 2011? Were they quiet, did they play the radio, did they talk about Erica? Did it even click in Sandy Parsons head that he would never see Erica again? Did this man believe every word out of his wife's mouth? It was only 7 days until Christmas eve. Did they have other gifts for Erica that never got opened? Did they have Christmas dinner and there was that empty chair and plate that once belonged to Erica?

And then like you, I tossed in my brain about this "Strawberry" person reportedly connected to Billy Dean Goodman, and her being behind the whole ruse to get Erica out of the picture to get back at Carolyn. Worse things have happened with jealousy, but that doesn't explain why Casey and Sandy Parsons had no problem getting rid of Erica. Erica wasn't living with Carolyn. The revenge would have been "Strawberry" against Carolyn, not the willing adopted couple that was living with Casey and Sandy Parsons for 12,13 years. How would "Strawberry" have known that Casey obviously hated Erica so much that she'd be willing to arrange a give away?

So then I woke up and smelled the coffee brewing and ............ clicked on the DVR and watched the Dr. Phil show again, and said to self, no way, the only thing these two parents are unhappy about is 1) their son finally ratted them out (Casey knew this day was coming), and 2) they lost their other two children as a result (and that's Erica's fault because she won't come forward and clear their names.)

They still "DO NOT" want Erica back, Casey said they are more than willing to sign whatever papers are needed to make it legal "this time" and let Erica stay wherever she is, even though, they still don't know even at this stage of the game, where Erica is !!

ACR

I wondered, what did Sandy and Casey talk about on that two hour drive back to Salisbury on the 17th of December 2011?

ACR

Just FYI. Salisbury and Mooresville are only about 30 minutes apart depending on the part of town to which you travel.

Asheville and Salisbury are around 2 to 2 and 1/2 hours apart depending on the part of town (Biltmore Estate is toward the southwest part of Asheville downtown)

It does seem that when these girls like Erica and Zahra headed into the middle school year ages, they weren't such lovable "kittens" and became inconvenient and disposable. :banghead:

It seems to me, all a person would have to do is take the papers out of sight, sign a name, then turn in the papers and say they did not have insurance. I never had to show a birth certificate for a child nor have I had to show ID. The health care workers would have no way of knowing if the child is who the 'parent' says.

You may be right. I worked in an outpatient clinic and the adult that brought them to the appointment had to sign a form and show an ID. But maybe my hopsital was super strict.

This has probably been asked a few times, but if someone could clarify...

Correct me if I am mistaken. Erica's biological paternal grandmother died 5 years ago. A woman claiming to be this person contacted Casey to hang out with Erica. A woman matching the description of a woman in her late 70s, early 80s met on 3 different dates, at the same location, to pick up Erica (drop off twice). This lady felt the need to tell Casey that she took Erica for a doctor's appointment for some non life threatening illness (I don't remember if it was explained as to why the need for the appointment). This lady, again claiming to be someone who is deceased, invited Casey and Sandy to her home. The lady fraudulently identifying herself as Irene Goodman had traceable contact with Casey by phone and social media (Facebook). An 80 year old woman on Facebook sending messages. For those who feel that this is plausible, please give me your opinion as to what this elderly fraud's intentions were and are now. Thank you.

This has probably been asked a few times, but if someone could clarify...

Correct me if I am mistaken. Erica's biological paternal grandmother died 5 years ago. (1) A woman claiming to be this person contacted Casey to hang out with Erica. (2) A woman matching the description of a woman in her late 70s, early 80s met on 3 different dates, at the same location, to pick up Erica (drop off twice). This lady felt the need to tell Casey that she took Erica for a doctor's appointment for some non life threatening illness (I don't remember if it was explained as to why the need for the appointment). This lady, again claiming to be someone who is deceased, invited Casey and Sandy to her home. The lady fraudulently identifying herself as Irene Goodman had traceable contact with Casey by phone and social media (Facebook). An 80 year old woman on Facebook sending messages. For those who feel that this is plausible, please give me your opinion as to what this elderly fraud's intentions were and are now. Thank you.

(1) Actual biological paternal grandmother died in 2005.

(2) Casey FABRICATED this detail.

... For those who feel that this is plausible, please give me your opinion as to what this elderly fraud's intentions were and are now. Thank you.

Snipped for space...

Well see, since she's a figment of a panicked, overactive imagination, her intentions are to get SOMEONE'S boo-tay out of a jam. So sweet of her! Kinda reminds me of my kids when they were wee folk, " But I didn't carve my name into the wall. My imaginary friend Joe did it."

Why would Jamie feel the need to get specific and say that Erica was dead and in the backyard? I understand that he reports that she is missing, but the extra details are confusing. I followed the listed Facebook page on one of the very well done sites. Has Jamie thanking his mom for doing something for him at food lion so he could get his job back. A couple of months later he reports that his parents are murderers.

Does anyone know when C/P and S/P moved into the house. I'm wondering if there is a different house -- in the backyard.

Does anyone know when C/P and S/P moved into the house. I'm wondering if there is a different house -- in the backyard.

I don't know that we have the "exact date they moved into" the house on Miller Chapel Rd but apparently it was in 2011.

I found a reality listing that showed, "218 Miller Chapel Rd - Listed 12/17/2010, Removed from Foreclosure 02/04/2011"

We know from property records that the house was purchased by Sandy Parsons' father on April 19, 2011.

I found this from this news article:

http://www.lex18.com/news/north-carolina-teen-missing-since-november-2011-not-reported-until-july

"Patti Miller got an eyeful Wednesday morning as law enforcement officers began searching the house next door where missing teen Erica Parsons' adoptive parents live." - "Miller, who has lived at her home for 18 years, said the Parsons family moved into the neighborhood around April 2011."

ACR

According to a previous post of mine, regarding James' charges, it appears as though they likely moved at the end of July / beginning August 2011.

Assault on a Child Under 12
Offense Date: 02/04/2010
Guilty
(N. Chapel Street)

Unspecified Charges
Filed: 07/29/2011
(Sutton Road)

Unspecified Charges
Filed: 08/17/2011
(Miller Chapel)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19-Nov-2011 - #2 - *ENDANGERED*

Here is my "high-tech database" on James Parsons' criminal background (public record):

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 83
Getting high on Sharpies.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 69
According to a previous post of mine, regarding James' charges, it appears as though they likely moved at the end of July / beginning August 2011.

Assault on a Child Under 12
Offense Date: 02/04/2010
Guilty
(N. Chapel Street)

Unspecified Charges
Filed: 07/29/2011
(Sutton Road)

Unspecified Charges
Filed: 08/17/2011
(Miller Chapel)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19-Nov-2011 - #2 - *ENDANGERED*

Thank you again HerStory!

The 07/29/11 charge listed at 270 Sutton Road is the address of Sandy Parsons father's house (where the 2nd search warrant was issued on that shed).

There's always that possibility that Casey and Sandy Parsons, and children lived at his father's address, perhaps until they got re-situated to physically move into the Miller Rd house.

The other possibility is that this 07/29/13 date on Jamie's charge that perhaps they were visiting the grandparents home when this incident occurred, and that's why the report was listed at that 270 Sutton Road address. We'd have to see the actual police report to see if Jamie lived at the same address where the incident occurred.

May I use your "high-tech database" report on my website? :please:

ACR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads