Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This investigative team said that they weren't going to stop until they found who took Hania and they were true to their word.

They were so committed and genuine during the press conferences and at times, showed their emotions. How could they not with such a sweet young girl whose life was torn from her and her loving family.

It was so heartwarming to see his community surrounding Hania's family with warmth, love and genuine support. Compassion at its best.

Although this case will have closure, Hania's family will always live with loss and sadness. Over time I pray that beautiful memories of their loved Hania will overpower the sadness.

Hania's bright and beautiful light will always shine in their hearts.

Infuriating that a young, innocent child was murdered by someone that should have been behind bars! When will we learn? Stop this reduced sentencing, time off for good behavior, suspended sentences, etc. When someone is sentenced to 15 yrs, they should be in there for the entire 15 yrs! Not 6 yrs because weekends count as a day and half, or two days or whatever weird calculating. Day per day sentencing! Keep them LOCKED UP!

Here’s another thing about these prior incidents, and I’m learning about this as we speak that trying to possibly identify a suspect based on prior history can be useless for exactly this reason. What good is looking for someone with such charges as far as profile/MO goes when they’re not even in the system. Hope this makes sense.

Having major tech issues right now so having trouble posting and making it brief.

ETA: He was on parole. So does that make all these cases searchable or not?

—-

Attacked a woman in Fairmont.

Can’t help but wonder again about Sara Graham. What is the status of that??
They're searchable: NC DPS Offender Public Information

No movement in Sara's case. :(

Sorry if this has already been answered. Is this guy the same one on the video - the one LE was looking to identify? Regardless, glad they have this monster behind bars.
Yes, according to this article MM is the man in the surveillance video.

MAN CHARGED WITH AGUILER’S RAPE MURDER | Robesonian
The break in the case came through forensic testing of evidence taken from the stolen SUV, which was recovered on Nov. 8. The Robesonian has been told that McLellan is the man depicted in a widely distributed surveillance videoof a person walking near where Aguilar was kidnapped and shortly before that happened.

Their lives are forever changed. :( We can only hope and pray that MM receives the harshest punishment available and the family is able to someday find peace. Justice? What is that? MOO

In Australia, we have had two major arrests: a 36 year old murder case, and a recent violent murder, recently.
I guess similarly in USA, you are having arrests continually.
LE are brilliant in the work they do everywhere, and here in a short time.
Thank you all involved.:):):)

As crazy as it sounds, I think he believed that LE might think he had been in jail at the time of Hania's abduction.

Seriously????? I find it very hard to believe that anyone is that stupid to believe they can throw the police off with dates. Especially when so many days had gone by between the date of the abduction and the date he turned himself in. I could believe it more if it was just a matter of hours. I know criminals will try anything to beat the system. I'm very curious to find out why he would turn himself in for crime he did not complete almost a month earlier and not for a crime he actually completed just a few days earlier.

I also read that he had turned himself in for the attempted murder case.

There is something fishy about all this.....

He had better chances fleeing. He is 34 years old and a "Professional Inmate". He knows that turning yourself in is not something that would be processed quickly. He knows he left biological evidence in the vehicle, body and place of in which the crime was committed on Hania. I would have to know that he would still be in custody when the DNA results were completed. Or at least feared he would still be in custody.

If it is true that he turned himself in then it seems very possible he has psychological or cognitive issues lawyers can use as a defense.

I wish they had filed the charges after the funeral.
I'm glad they got him, I'm glad he was already in custody.
I just wish they'd waited another day.
I don't feel like Hania's family needed to see "rape" and "sodomy" the day of her funeral.

That "reporter" is not a reporter at all but a gossip columnist who often publishes incorrect info based only on rumors or speculations. By putting out the info he did with no confirmation from LE he might have compromised the case had more MSM outlets run with the info and not printed retractions. Being "right" after the fact doesn't mean he was justified in spreading rumors based only on speculation. The fact is that LE had not charged MM with these crimes against Hania until now.

We don't know all the details of how LE got these charges but let's say they picked up MM for the other lessor charges and were trying to get him to talk and implicate himself for Hania's kidnapping and murder. He probably was a suspect but LE didn't want him to know that. If it comes out in the press that LE is looking at him for this crime then he might have clammed up. He might have lawyer-ed up earlier. As long as he doesn't think he is being looked at for taking Hania, he might have made the mistake of blabbing to his cell mate in jail. And I think it is very possible they were watching him closely and waiting on DNA evidence to tie him to the crime. But can you imagine how disastrous it could be if MM was tipped off that LE was looking at him for this while he was in jail and he got out on bond for his lessor charge? He could have fled.

A gossip writer who happened to be right this time in his speculation, gets no sympathy from me for fueling rumors and causing false alarms. JMO.

I'm also glad that LE got this monster. I hope they have an iron clad case to make sure he never sees another day of freedom. MOO.

You have very valid points. As far as calling him a reporter, and you calling him a gossip columnist, I am sorry I dont know the correct terminology in today's society of Blogger's, Profession Blogger's, Influencers and so on.

I did see many posts of him doing illegal thing in the past for stories such as this. Though again it is hard to believe what you read on the internet. It wasn't until LE came out stating it was all a lie that I believed it. Should I have though. They weren't completely truthful either. Though I do understand it could have hindered the case. Even in doing so doesn't want to make me trust what they have to say.

I am not going to make a huge discussion out of this, as I completely agree with your points that it could have hindered the investigation... My main point here is that I am glad that the perpetrator was/is behind bars where he can no longer harm another innocent woman or child. I pray he rots in jail, and hope he experiences the same fear he imposed on his victims.

Is there any wonder why the crime rate in Lumberton is so high?!

In 2007, McLellan was sentenced to between 10 and 12 years in prison on charges, filed by the Fairmont Police Department, of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury and first-degree burglary. Charges of attempted second-degree murder and assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury were dismissed by the district attorney, records show.

In 2000, he was convicted of misdemeanor assault on a child and sentenced to probation. He was convicted in 2005 of the same charge and placed on probation.

McLellan was charged by Fairmont police in October 2004 with attempted second-degree sex offense, but the charge was dismissed by the Robeson County district attorney in March 2005, records show.

The reasons for the dismissals were not given.
Man accused of killing Hania Aguilar was on parole at time of her death
:thud:

After reading about the Killer, I am glad he was caught, he is obviously a dangerous predator. I wonder if he turned himself in, because of guilt, or knowing that he would have killed again, and wanted to be stopped. I know he didn't confess or voluntarily turn himself in for Hania's gruesome murder.

He was incarcerated for 10 years for assault with a deadly weapon. Obviously no rehabilitation potential there.

Seriously????? I find it very hard to believe that anyone is that stupid to believe they can throw the police off with dates. Especially when so many days had gone by between the date of the abduction and the date he turned himself in. I could believe it more if it was just a matter of hours. I know criminals will try anything to beat the system. I'm very curious to find out why he would turn himself in for crime he did not complete almost a month earlier and not for a crime he actually completed just a few days earlier.

I also read that he had turned himself in for the attempted murder case.

There is something fishy about all this.....

He had better chances fleeing. He is 34 years old and a "Professional Inmate". He knows that turning yourself in is not something that would be processed quickly. He knows he left biological evidence in the vehicle, body and place of in which the crime was committed on Hania. I would have to know that he would still be in custody when the DNA results were completed. Or at least feared he would still be in custody.

If it is true that he turned himself in then it seems very possible he has psychological or cognitive issues lawyers can use as a defense.
With his criminal record I am afraid they will go for Competency. He began when he was twenty years old and all have been violent.
I think someone knew what he had done and he was scared to be on the streets. Jail was a hide out for him.
Do we know anything about his upbringing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog