Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lumberton Police Department | 11/10/2018 7:37pm (EST)

Lumberton Police Department | 11/10/2018 7:38pm (EST)

The Lumberton Police Department and the FBI are continuing to ask for assistance to locate 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar. Saturday, the North Carolina State Highway Patrol's helicopter flew evidence from the investigation straight to Quantico so it could be immediately processed and analyzed by the FBI.

Investigators continue to ask the people who live in Lumberton to help identify the man seen walking on surveillance video near the kidnapping scene in the hour before Hania was taken. He may have information to help us #Find Hania. We also need to hear from anyone with surveillance video who we have not already been in contact with to receive copies of your videos. We are working to build an exact timeline of when and how the stolen SUV ended up abandoned on Quincey Drive in Lumberton on Thursday.

The FBI is offering a reward of up to $15,000 for information that leads us to locate Hania.
Thank you for your continued assistance to #FindHania.

View attachment 154952 View attachment 154951 View attachment 154950
Does it look like he is talking into a phone on speaker mode in this stretch of the video?

Who would he be talking to early in the day?

jmo

I have a couple of thoughts on the POI. I know from past experience when we see a picture or video of someone at night with this kind of video the colors of the clothing/shoes are the opposite of how they show up. So is it possible he's wearing a lighter hoodie and black shoes/sneakers?

Also, I wonder if LE has viewed the same camera videos from prior to Hania's abduction and after to see if this POI is in them as well. It would help to determine if this is a routine of the POI walking somewhere in the same area.
MOO IMO JMO

Does it look like he is talking into a phone on speaker mode in this stretch of the video?

Who would he be talking to early in the day?

jmo
I don't know the answer to your question but I'm just jumping off here to note that he appears to be comfortable with the area and confident enough to not be concerned about things happening in the area, etc. He doesn't look anywhere but in front of him, he doesn't turn around or look from side to side, just focused straight ahead. I don't know anyone who walks with that kind of purpose. He totally reminds me of the Seminole killer in the videos they have of him.

I don't know the answer to your question but I'm just jumping off here to note that he appears to be comfortable with the area and confident enough to not be concerned about things happening in the area, etc. He doesn't look anywhere but in front of him, he doesn't turn around or look from side to side, just focused straight ahead. I don't know anyone who walks with that kind of purpose. He totally reminds me of the Seminole killer in the videos they have of him.

Agree, so if he's not involved he should come forward

I am In Saint Peteresburg and yes the videos of the Seminole shooter he always walked focused and with a purpose. Like on a mission per say.

I guess I'm on the fence about the kidnapper having an accomplice because my first thought would be...who is stupid enuff to help another person carry out this crime. How do you get two sickos together and agreeing to a kid napping crime? However...I know it does happen but it still blows my mind. IMO my gut tells me this is just one guy who did this to Hania. I don't get the feeling of him having help.
Edtd by me...typo

I wanted to come here & apologize for my behavior last night.
I was very upset & should have masked that...
I’ll be following along while the rest of you fine folks sleuth it out.
I hope & pray she will be returned to her loved ones.
My heart goes out to Hania (love her name) & her family. MOO
Hey, :) no apologies necessary. We are all aching for this little girl and her family and friends. It's a scary time in this situation, as in any situation where we don't know what has happened and when we don't hear any news of what LE knows. We can still hope that the news we get isn't the worst. We all stick together with our positive thoughts and look around to see if we can find any new info. Hang in there and share your thoughts as we all wait for news. Your comments are thoughtful, caring and helpful!

Is there a bridge along the route that runs over the Lumber River?
Yes, looks like two of them.
Is there a media thread yet for Hania? I know we are only on thread 2 but a lot of media has come out in this case. A lot has been released. Just from my memory so far:
1. Photos of Hania-- three different photos/three separate releases as they got more recent photos each time
--first photo was her state ID from 2016 photo taken when she was only 10, almost 11. (I thought she looked very young for 13). We see her braces in that ID photo.
--2nd photo release was more recent of her standing near her church, a cross in the background (two versions one with sunglasses on and without sunglasses covering her eyes)
--3rd photo release was the most recent photo and taken the Sunday before the abduction-- she is sitting on a brown ottoman outside (two poses-- one where we see she has a photo).
2. Still images of the SUV -- two different pressers released each image of the blurry photos from video. At this point they refused to say where the SUV had been spotted on CCTV. They wanted tips from anyone, no matter where the SUV had been seen in the area and hesitated to say the direction of travel
3. Then they released video of the SUV where it was driving past a modular home place and it was obvious the direction of travel from that. At least one car was in front of the SUV as it was driving.
4. For days they kept the entrance to the mobile home park monitored with police and checked door-to-door for witnesses and surveillance video.
5. The 911 call was released at some point (I can't recall if it was before or after the video of the car)
6. Then a big break came and they found the SUV about 8.5 miles away. It was parked in a lot that previously had a mobile home on it but had been allowed to grow up with brush since 2015 (when the mobile home had been taken away according to Google images). The consensus seems to be that someone would have to be familiar with that vacant lot to know where the overgrown driveway was.
7. Several live fb helicopter feeds and live news casts showed officers searching the wooded area behind the SUV dump location with a dog. (And we analyzed random pictures of objects seen from the air that probably told us nothing, lol.)
8. Then they asked the news choppers to vacate the airspace so that they could conduct radar searches via helicopter.
9. Next they released images and video of a man walking in the hour prior to the abduction-- three separate cameras caught him walking from around Lambreth Street to the mobile home park (A distance of about 1.1 miles and a 22 minute walk). He was the only person walking in the area that morning. LE were not calling him a Suspect or even a POI but need to identify him and talk to him.
10. After finding the car they released a very pointed message for the abductor that included the words "We are coming for you" and strong language indicating they will bring him to justice.

And those are just the big LE developments I can recall. We have video of her little sister speaking to the press, video of her mother pleading in Spanish with her pastor next to her, statements from her father, Statements from her aunt, Statements from her pastor, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some other important interviews. So much has happened in a short time in this case.
I would love to see this all in a media thread for easy reference.

Tagging a couple of our mods to ask for assistance @Whiskers16 @JerseyGirl (I'm not sure if we need permission or a certain number of threads to start a media thread?)

@PommyMommy @rainynights Are y'all up for moving posts to a media thread yet? I'll help find the links if someone starts a maps and media thread. :)
Oops, I didn't see that you tagged JerseyGirl and Whiskers! I hope we don't end up with a duplicate. My bad. Here is the media thread I set up just now: NC - NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, Lumberton, MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Yes, looks like two of them.

Oops, I didn't see that you tagged JerseyGirl and Whiskers! I hope we don't end up with a duplicate. My bad. Here is the media thread I set up just now: NC - NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, Lumberton, MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Yay, thank you PommyMommy! Hopefully @JerseyGirl and @Whiskers16 will see it's already done when they come back. They don't seem to be around. I didn't know if it had to be mod approved or something, lol. You would think I would know that by now. :)

Couldn’t the police see what cell phones were pinging off towers in that area at that time and do some kind of reverse lookup for who those numbers belong to?

What kind of evidence would they be flying to Quantico?
Hopefully it's something that LE deemed important enough to fast track analysis.

I've been sick all week and was sad to see that Hania is still missing but heartened to read that LE may have some strong leads and that the reward has bumped up. If the guy is even somewhat local then there's a good chance he's said something to someone by now. As opposed to a transient, lone wolf kind of guy who doesn't interact with others.

I'm not sure why LE keeps saying nothing indicates Hania was targeted - do they think he was after an old domestic SUV in a fairly contained area where any number of people could have seen him that morning?

Ah well, I guess they have their reasons for saying what they say. Let's hope they get some usable evidence soon. Mostly though let's hope they find Hania before her abductor decides she's a liability. Where are you little girl??

$20,000 reward in search for missing North Carolina 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar

Kayser-Roth and Soffee were both operating the last time I made the trip through Lumberton, which was 2017.
And as in many rural counties in NC, especially east of I-95, the school system is the biggest employer.

And for those of you not familiar with eastern NC, few apartment complexes, lots of trailers. Hania could be in any one of those trailers or barns.

Whoever took H could be anywhere; there are many counties much more rural than Roberson, like Hyde and Tyrell.
My DH says eastern NC is not the end of the earth, but you can see it from there.

https://accessnc.nccommerce.com/EDIS/Reports/topEmployers/topEmp_37155.pdf

So true. I did a bit of economic research, and found that the population of Lumberton is 21,646, and the median household (not individual, but household) income was $31,126.00 in 2016. It is the county seat of Robeson County. As of the 2010 census, the population of Robeson County was 134,168.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem