Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The vehicles taken look similar. Perhaps because they are both SUV's.

Does this perp go for a certain type of vehicle? Just wondering.
Listening into all this carjacking talk on the same day, i looked into the history of carjacking in the greater charlotte area.. (btw, I took the liberty to look into the ring leader and the (20) 24 year old is in jail now.) An exclusive look with police inside a Charlotte "Chop Shop"

"
stolen vehicle and an additional felony charge under the "Chop Shop Law". That's a law enacted a few years ago in North Carolina with the goal of giving law enforcement added teeth when cracking down on car thieves.

"Chop Shops are somewhat of a growing trend," said Sgt. Tonsberg. "In the 1990's, we'd recover 90% of stolen cars. These days we're at a 50%-60% recovery rate because they're so chopped up. That trend blossomed into the 'Chop Shop Law' several years ago."

Sgt. Tonsberg says what you see in this story is your typical Charlotte Chop Shop. They're not fancy. Usually just stolen cars hidden in a backyard or a garage, then chopped up for parts."

I think the Boone carjacking is related to a robbery in Hickory later in the evening. I don't think it is related to this abduction but who knows. No mention of a kid or the vehicle being found. If it is related, that is not a good sign.
Lumberton to Boone to Hickory would be a weird loop/backtracking. imo

No sign of the car yet. Driven far away? Hidden in a garage? Parked in a lot somewhere in plain sight, but no one has noticed yet?

I have no ideas, just questions. :(

jmo
Again I think the fate of the car is related to the motive of the carjacker/abductor. Why did he strike there? Only for the car and Hania wrong place/wrong time? Or she was targeted and then for what reason? Personal/sexual then car and perp could still be local (hidden). Trafficking then he could be going long distance with her. Which direction would be the "best" to afford that possibility?

Last edited:
Two points I would like to mention.

First one is, Lumberton is down south, a very small city that many northerners not using I-95 will go through to get to Mrytle Beach area.

Therefore, the map mentioned above is totally wrong. It has the kidnapping happening in Boone and going through Lumberton.

The drive from Lumberton to Boone is not on heavily travelled roads regardless of the route one takes. Appalachian University is in Boone, so Friday afternoons the traffic will be coming off the mountain while Sunday the traffic will be going up the mountain. Route 421 is heavily patrolled for speeders close to where the four lane becomes two lane to go up the mountain.

If there was a bolo for the car, I would think getting on top of that mountain would be the last place to go. It isn’t snow season yet, so that extra traffic hasn’t started yet.

Second point - the girl was at her aunts. Did she live there or was she spending the night? I ask because the comment her mother gave in part said “I don’t have anything against whoever did this to you”. This sounds to me as if there might have been different opinions between mother and daughter.

Sorry this is soo long.

They said she was abducted between lots 38 and 39 - can anybody figure out where exactly that is?
I was trying to figure that out just before you posted your question.
I keep looking at the trailer park on Google Earth. There do not seem to be any lot numbers posted anywhere, as far as I can see. MOO

Again I think the fate of the car is related to the motive of the carjacker/abductor. Why did he strike there? Only for the car and Hania wrong place/wrong time? Or she was targeted and then for what reason? Personal/sexual then car and perp could still be local (hidden). Trafficking then he could be going long distance with her. Which direction would be the "best" to afford that possibility?
If we took Hania out of the equation I'd say it was a young local who took the car for joyriding or chopping. He'd have to know about the trailer park and frankly, the car doesn't sound like a big prize compared to a Mercedes or Range Rover. It's old and the paint is peeling so it has little value by itself.

But once you add Hania back in the whole scenario changes and it starts to seem like a targeted abduction rather than a carjacking.

Why did the perp steal the car? Best guess it was for a quick getaway in a vehicle that couldn't be traced back to him. If he had his own vehicle stashed nearby then the aunt's car would have been found by now. At the same time he took quite a risk in knowing a witness saw the abduction so exactly how long would he be comfortable driving a car reported as stolen?

I'm really surprised the car hasn't been found by now. Ugh, I'm at a dead end. For all we know - speculation only! - it was some guy high on meth. I hope LE has more going on than we know! Each day that passes makes it more dangerous for Hania.
cry-smiley-face.gif
MOO.

This seems like someone who was familiar with the area and the park, and aware of some routine by the girl or perhaps the family. Is it possible the aunt was the original intended target but a youth seemed a better idea in that moment? Had this kid started the car and waited a few times previously? I haven’t seen a map of the park or area yet but if he drove directly to the park exit he clearly knew his way around well enough to find it with ease. So I’d be asking who in the park is away? Who had visitors? Who visited previously in the preceding days? This wasn’t likely random.

If we took Hania out of the equation I'd say it was a young local who took the car for joyriding or chopping. He'd have to know about the trailer park and frankly, the car doesn't sound like a big prize compared to a Mercedes or Range Rover. It's old and the paint is peeling so it has little value by itself.

But once you add Hania back in the whole scenario changes and it starts to seem like a targeted abduction rather than a carjacking.

Why did the perp steal the car? Best guess it was for a quick getaway in a vehicle that couldn't be traced back to him. If he had his own vehicle stashed nearby then the aunt's car would have been found by now. At the same time he took quite a risk in knowing a witness saw the abduction so exactly how long would he be comfortable driving a car reported as stolen?

I'm really surprised the car hasn't been found by now. Ugh, I'm at a dead end. For all we know - speculation only! - it was some guy high on meth. I hope LE has more going on than we know! Each day that passes makes it more dangerous for Hania.
cry-smiley-face.gif
MOO.
Possibly another crime was committed by this guy and he needed a quick getaway. Any other crimes reported nearby or even in the mobile home park right before this? Maybe only time will tell. Hopefully time will also be kind and find her safe.

From Harmony 2's link:
The recording released by the FBI alternates between a neighbor and an unidentified man speaking in Spanish.

IMO it's pretty brazen that the abductor took Hania while there was a man in the trailer. I wonder if he knew?

Has the witness been identified? I don't mean by name, but rather as the man in the call or another family member, friend, etc.? I'm curious about their age and whether they posed any threat to the abductor.

ETA: maybe this is the answer:
FBI searching for North Carolina girl snatched from outside her home
ETA 2:
Aguilar’s little sister, [H P], was in the house at the time and saw what happened.

“Out of nowhere the man came in and they took her away. She fell and screamed and we couldn’t hear what she told us and then we went over there and we didn’t know what happened," [HP] said.
BBM
FBI following 50 leads in investigation into kidnapping of 13-year-old NC girl forced into SUV

Last edited:
And actually, who is "we"? The sister, the aunt, who else? Id also be looking at young men living or staying with someone right there in the park....or if it was a team, I'd go back to acquaintances of the SUVs owner.

I think it's interesting that the mom wants Hania to know that she doesn't have anything against whoever did this to her. I find that to be a remarkable statement.
I am just not nice enough to make such a comment. Mine would be filled with vitriol for the son of a bee that took my daughter. I really am questioning her comment myself, because it could be taken several ways- one of them being that she didn't care about her daughter being taken.

I am just not nice enough to make such a comment. Mine would be filled with vitriol for the son of a bee that took my daughter. I really am questioning her comment myself, because it could be taken several ways- one of them being that she didn't care about her daughter being taken.
I took it as Mom is desperate for her daughters return and doesn’t want to say anything to cause her further harm. Like just let her go and we won’t come after you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member