Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some rough notes from presser, 3:30 EST 11/6/18

Lumberton Police Chief Michael MacNeill...
  • Every travel related business, including truck stops, have received Hania’s poster and were asked to print it out and post it inside their businesses.
  • They have received numerous requests to release the 911 call, and they are working on that request and hope to have it released soon.
  • Initial reports described the abductor as a black male. After follow up interviews, the witness did not see the race because he was wearing all black including long sleeves, and a bandanna over his face. And it was still dark out.
  • Call 911 if you see the stolen green 2002 Ford Expedition with SC license plate NWS-984
FBI Supervisor...
  • The FBI’s CARD team arrived yesterday afternoon. The team has specialized training in investigating missing children cases.
  • The most important part of the investigative team is the public.
  • Sometimes people think they don’t have important information to share; please, let them decide. Call the tip line.
  • Also announced a reward of up to $15,000 that leads investigators to the location of Hania. They will be adding that reward information to the English and Spanish missing posters.
  • Hania’s family is working with them and fully cooperating with investigators to locate the teen.
  • Hania’s mother asked to share a message to her daughter, which was shared in the presser (see video).
Some rough Q&A notes:
  • They are following all logical leads to include any reported sightings at all. As soon as they have any information that is relevant, that they feel is important to share, they will get it out as soon as possible.
  • Owner of vehicle is still cooperating. Due to privacy, they are not going to disclose that information.
  • They are following all logical leads, they don’t have any information to indicate any gang activity involved in her disappearance.
  • They don’t have any reason to indicate that she was targeted; they are exploring all options, not ruling anything out at this point.
  • At this point in the investigation, they’re not at a point where they’ll able to rule anything out at this point. They are looking at all potential options.
  • Please share the updated picture that was pushed out by the FBI last night. They had more detailed information to get a more exact photo. They worked with the family to get that photo specifically. The biggest clue they have right now is that vehicle, that she was pushed into.
Video: Live video of presser via WBTW News13 on Facebook
Thank you rainynights! Had trouble with the web page reloading & stopping the live feed, so I missed most of it. Much appreciated!
MOO

181107001753-hania-noelia-aguilar-full-length-exlarge-169.jpg

The above is a photo of Hania.

In the CNN video report (below), Hania's little sister speaks. How much more heartbreaking can this case get? My heart goes out to all of the family and friends.

Please find Hania safe and sound. Hoping and praying for a good outcome.

Amber Alert: North Carolina girl, 13, abducted outside her home - CNN

Some rough notes from presser, 3:30 EST 11/6/18

Lumberton Police Chief Michael MacNeill...
  • Every travel related business, including truck stops, have received Hania’s poster and were asked to print it out and post it inside their businesses.
  • They have received numerous requests to release the 911 call, and they are working on that request and hope to have it released soon.
  • Initial reports described the abductor as a black male. After follow up interviews, the witness did not see the race because he was wearing all black including long sleeves, and a bandanna over his face. And it was still dark out.
  • Call 911 if you see the stolen green 2002 Ford Expedition with SC license plate NWS-984
FBI Supervisor...
  • The FBI’s CARD team arrived yesterday afternoon. The team has specialized training in investigating missing children cases.
  • The most important part of the investigative team is the public.
  • Sometimes people think they don’t have important information to share; please, let them decide. Call the tip line.
  • Also announced a reward of up to $15,000 that leads investigators to the location of Hania. They will be adding that reward information to the English and Spanish missing posters.
  • Hania’s family is working with them and fully cooperating with investigators to locate the teen.
  • Hania’s mother asked to share a message to her daughter, which was shared in the presser (see video).
Some rough Q&A notes:
  • They are following all logical leads to include any reported sightings at all. As soon as they have any information that is relevant, that they feel is important to share, they will get it out as soon as possible.
  • Owner of vehicle is still cooperating. Due to privacy, they are not going to disclose that information.
  • They are following all logical leads, they don’t have any information to indicate any gang activity involved in her disappearance.
  • They don’t have any reason to indicate that she was targeted; they are exploring all options, not ruling anything out at this point.
  • At this point in the investigation, they’re not at a point where they’ll able to rule anything out at this point. They are looking at all potential options.
  • Please share the updated picture that was pushed out by the FBI last night. They had more detailed information to get a more exact photo. They worked with the family to get that photo specifically. The biggest clue they have right now is that vehicle, that she was pushed into.
Video: Live video of presser via WBTW News13 on Facebook

Thank you so much! I wasn't able to make out very much live. This really helps. It sounds like they're doing everything that can be done.

Mark Davenport WBTV on Twitter | 3:38 PM (EST) - 6 Nov 2018

"Every second counts when a child is missing." Lumberton Police Chief and @FBI updating public on kidnapped NC teenager, Hania Aguilar. FBI increasing reward to $15,000 if tip leads to #FindHania. Watch Live » http://wbtv.com/live What we know » https://bit.ly/2D58T6s

DrWL2OOWkAEEM47.jpg

Tisha Powell on Twitter | 3:42 PM (EST) - 6 Nov 2018

The FBI is now offering a $15,000.00 reward for information leading to the whereabouts of 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar who was abducted from her yard in Lumberton. https://abc11.com/4622083/

DrWNKxlUUAACXlc.jpg

Amber Alert: Search continues for abducted Lumberton 13-year-old

"Police said the eighth-grader had taken her aunt's keys to start the vehicle to prepare to leave for the bus stop."

Congratulations... you got me to make my first post. I live in NC, and because bus stops often do not come directly into neighborhoods, we have parents/family members dropping off kids at bus stops or even sitting there with them. This is not an uncommon thing here.

Welcome chippigoo....and, thank you.

Mark Davenport WBTV on Twitter | 3:38 PM (EST) - 6 Nov 2018

"Every second counts when a child is missing." Lumberton Police Chief and @FBI updating public on kidnapped NC teenager, Hania Aguilar. FBI increasing reward to $15,000 if tip leads to #FindHania. Watch Live » http://wbtv.com/live What we know » https://bit.ly/2D58T6s

View attachment 154301

Tisha Powell on Twitter | 3:42 PM (EST) - 6 Nov 2018

The FBI is now offering a $15,000.00 reward for information leading to the whereabouts of 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar who was abducted from her yard in Lumberton. https://abc11.com/4622083/

View attachment 154302
So glad they are quick to offer a reward. Hope this jogs someones memory and it leads to finding Hania quickly.

My first thought when I read about the bandana was gang, too. Gangs carry bandana in their color - to show that you belong to a certain gang. I know the colors of some gangs in my city (unfortunate info to know), but not sure if yellow is a color in that area.

The bandana is NOT proof that the perp is in a gang (so don't jump on me for that) or if he is that he was showing gang colors, but it is a lead worth pondering until we have more info.

jmo
True, but the gang connection is always something LE thinks about IF there is gang activity in the area. In Chicago police have reported the surge in carjacketings may be due in part to gang initiations. Praying this young lady is found soon and safe. Record year for carjackings, theft?

Amber Alert: FBI offering $15,000 reward for info on 13-year-old's disappearance
The FBI is now offering a $15,000 reward for information that leads to the whereabouts of Hania Noelia Aguilar.

Aguilar has been missing since around 7 a.m. Monday.

HAVE YOU SEEN HER?
  • Hania is approximately 5 feet tall and 126 pounds
  • She was taken in a green 2002 Ford Expedition with South Carolina tag NWS984
  • She has black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a blue shirt with flowers and blue jeans
  • Call (910) 671-3845 if you see her

In a news conference Tuesday afternoon, an FBI agent read this message from Hania's mother to her daughter: "I just want my daughter back with me. I'm here waiting for you, I love you and only care about you. I don't have anything against whoever did this to you. I just want you back."

November 6, 2018
Search for teen kidnapped in Lumberton expands; FBI offers reward for information
Investigators continue to search all leads and consider all possibilities on the hunt for Hania Noelia Aguilar, who was reportedly forced into a stolen green 2002 Ford Expedition early Monday.

The FBI is offering a reward of up to $15,000 for information in the case.

Lumberton Police Chief Michael McNeill said the multiple agencies searching for Hania have circulated pictures across the state along with South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia and Florida, meaning truck stops and other businesses along highways will be asked to share it.

“I have asked every local business from Lumberton to do the same thing,” he said on a news feed from WPDE.

Investigators stressed that all tips are valuable.

“Sometimes people think they don’t have important information to share,” said FBI Supervisor Andy Delarocha. “Please let us decide.”

Here's another video (in Spanish) -- during which the same reporter Sylvia Oben for Telemundo Charlotte speaks with an aunt of HNA:
Also adding this article by the Fayette Observer, which quotes the same aunt:

Lumberton mobile home residents concerned, scared after girl's kidnapping

(*names replaced with initials by me)

“Aguilar went out to start the green 2002 Ford Expedition sport utility vehicle, which belongs to a relative, despite being told not to do so, family members said.”

A stalker? Or someone after the family? This was not a walk down the steet in the middle of the night trying car door handles to steal something.

“Aguilar went out to start the green 2002 Ford Expedition sport utility vehicle, which belongs to a relative, despite being told not to do so, family members said.”
Respectfully snipped by me for focus.
There's something wrong... the clothing and the bandana suggest planning, but the fact that she didn't use to start the car, which means it wasn't part of her routine, implies opportunity. If the little sister hadn't seen the abduction I would think there wasn't any.
Hope she's found safe soon.

I don’t know if this has been posted yet as I’ve not had time to catch up. Maybe related?

Armed Robbery Of Vehicle In Boone Tonight, Subject Should Be Considered Armed & Dangerous - WataugaOnline.com

ETA. It’s about a 3.5h drive according to google. The description of the mans clothing sounds similar.

JMO
That description of the perp in that Boone case sure sounds like it could be the same person in this case.

At that time of the Boone carjacking it may have been dark enough where the whiteish bandana may have been yellow and appeared white to the witness.

I would not be surprised if the same perp is inolved in both of these cases.

This is awful that he would take the girl too.

Maybe he has a place nearby and a garage, etc., to stash the car. If he is smart (who knoze?), he won't be driving that car after the initial getaway. Positive thoughts are tuff to maintain with what we have all seen on cases like this. Maybe this time she will break the bad string of events like this.

In her front yard.
In the daylight.
In front of her home.
A 13-year-old.
Just dammit.

JMO
I agree that he had to have a relatively close place to hide the car. He probably knew someone would call on them quickly after he took the car so I suspect he had a place which is very close to there.

Maybe a garage where he would drive in and pull the garage door down. Maybe a chop shop itself or someone he knew who lets him stash the car temporarily.

I just cannot see him wanting to drive the roads very long after taking her which is telling me that LE needs to search pretty close to that mobile home park. Maybe within a 5 to 10 mile maximum radius.

I just dont see him driving very far after taking her and the vehicle. Once a BOLO goes out on the car then all LE eyes would be on the roads and the perp would know this before he drove away.

JMO
That description of the perp in that Boone case sure sounds like it could be the same person in this case.

At that time of the Boone carjacking it may have been dark enough where the whiteish bandana may have been yellow and appeared white to the witness.

I would not be surprised if the same perp is inolved in both of these cases.

This is awful that he would take the girl too.

Exactly my thinking! It’s too much of a coincidence to me. I really hope they are looking into this!

I may be wrong, but I believe he misspoke when he said he showed people Hanias' drivers licence to people in the roadblock @ timestamp 10.55. That is unless 13 year olds drive in SC.

You are right that he meant he showed people the missing poster. Here is a quote from this link.

"NCSHP showed drivers Hania's missing poster to identify people who travel that route daily & may have seen something yesterday to help"

#FindHania hashtag on Twitter

I'm leaning toward the abduction was a crime of opportunity. I think the perp needed a car, saw one ready to be taken rather easily with a young teen with keys. He got a car...and a victim (sorry to say that).

I'm not 100% with this. It's possible this was a planned abduction, of course, but I'm leaning toward the abduction being a random crime conducted while committing the planned crime of stealing a car at the first available circumstance.

Still wondering where he was before the abduction. He had to enter the trailer park in some manner....on foot, as a passenger/guest of someone else, in another stolen vehicle?

Thanks to WSers who covered the presser as I missed it!

jmo

I just mapped out from Boone to Lumberton and it is mostly smaller highways to get there so if it is the same person then his direction of travel would put him in one of the three following cities next because it was in a Southernly Eastward direction.

Wilmington, Myrtle Beach, or Charleston.

We need to be watching for any crimes or more carjackings in these three cities.

Maybe he keeps ditching a vehicle and getting a new one to keep LE off his tail. He could be on the run and trying to get to a final destination where he knows someone who will put him up.

ETA if it is the same person and he made it past those three cities then next logical choice would be Savanna and then Jacksonville, FL.
Good thinking! At least it is something to look for in the news/police activity reports.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member