GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/juror-father-daughter-murder-trial-doubt-mind-guilty/story?id=49141218

[video=youtube;5en-qyHUVmE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5en-qyHUVmE[/video]

Juror in father-daughter murder trial: 'No doubt in my mind' guilty verdict was 'right choice'

Martens and Molly Corbett claimed Jason Corbett was choking her on the night of Aug. 2, 2015, when Martens intervened and hit him with a baseball bat. Martens testified that Molly told him she also struck Jason with a paving stone that was on her nightstand, though Martens claims he didn't see it happen. They both said they were convinced Jason was trying to kill her and they were defending themselves and each other against him.
The medical examiner’s report said Jason Corbett was hit at least 10 times and the cause of death was ruled blunt force trauma.
“To me, the choking did not occur,” Figueroa said. Jury foreman Tom Aamland and another juror, Nancy Perez, agreed.
“Once you hit a certain point and you do not stop, manslaughter or self-defense goes off the table,” Figueroa said. “Once that point was matched where you could have stopped then and there, once the person was no longer an aggressor, if that were the case, and you continue, it’s no longer self-defense.”
Another major factor in their verdict decision, they said, was the gruesome crime scene photos. Perez said the first image of Jason Corbett’s body she saw was so graphic that she vomited in the North Carolina courtroom.
The three jurors said they believe Molly Corbett and her father took some time after Jason died to conspire before they called 911, and they said the prosecution’s argument that investigators said Martens and Molly Corbett didn’t appear to have any injuries was telling. Figueroa said she even believes Molly Corbett struck her husband first with the paving stone while he was sleeping.
“I think at some point Dad came to help out and cover it up,” Figueroa said. “There was blood on the pillow and on the comforter. That may have been the first blow, and then it progressed from that point where he got out of bed and she might have struck him more than one time in bed.”

Well that is a relief, glad that they are including the Jurors thinking and comments in the production.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/juror-father-daughter-murder-trial-doubt-mind-guilty/story?id=49141218

Juror in father-daughter murder trial: 'No doubt in my mind' guilty verdict was 'right choice'

Martens and Molly Corbett claimed Jason Corbett was choking her on the night of Aug. 2, 2015, when Martens intervened and hit him with a baseball bat. Martens testified that Molly told him she also struck Jason with a paving stone that was on her nightstand, though Martens claims he didn't see it happen. They both said they were convinced Jason was trying to kill her and they were defending themselves and each other against him.
The medical examiner’s report said Jason Corbett was hit at least 10 times and the cause of death was ruled blunt force trauma.
“To me, the choking did not occur,” Figueroa said. Jury foreman Tom Aamland and another juror, Nancy Perez, agreed.
“Once you hit a certain point and you do not stop, manslaughter or self-defense goes off the table,” Figueroa said. “Once that point was matched where you could have stopped then and there, once the person was no longer an aggressor, if that were the case, and you continue, it’s no longer self-defense.”
Another major factor in their verdict decision, they said, was the gruesome crime scene photos. Perez said the first image of Jason Corbett’s body she saw was so graphic that she vomited in the North Carolina courtroom.
The three jurors said they believe Molly Corbett and her father took some time after Jason died to conspire before they called 911, and they said the prosecution’s argument that investigators said Martens and Molly Corbett didn’t appear to have any injuries was telling. Figueroa said she even believes Molly Corbett struck her husband first with the paving stone while he was sleeping.
“I think at some point Dad came to help out and cover it up,” Figueroa said. “There was blood on the pillow and on the comforter. That may have been the first blow, and then it progressed from that point where he got out of bed and she might have struck him more than one time in bed.”

amused at the backtracking abc have been forced to make since the verdict.
But, we got it right here on websleuths , folks.. we were correct.. all along..
That reassures me a little, in the face of the most godawful dirty tricks campaign launched by the m family in the wake of the verdict.
Despicable humanity.

I'm sure if daddy had taken a different approach to JC then it could have resulted in a different outcome for MM. TM presided over all aspects of likes and dislikes. He ran a mean show. From an early age TM and SM set the Bar for MM. They decided what was cool, what was acceptable, what was beneath her , where her ambitions should lie. TM is on the record stating his hatred for Jason. If he spoke about JC to his work colleagues then one can only imagine the conversation that must have taken place with MM regarding the man who could offer her some semblance of normality.JC was not good enough for MM in daddys eyes.he promoted the disdain and the hatred. This man was a control freak.If he had accepted JC as the man that was going to take care of his daughter and promoted JC then I'm sure he could have had a very positive influence on that marriage. He choose to control the very act of someone elses marriage.He interfered in his daughters only shot at happiness.
TM proved that he was the reason for MM becomming a murderer. His preceived staus within the community elevated his sense of entitlement and his judgement on all things was final. His sons were ready to rise to the occasion and defend their very sick sister when normal parents would have insisted that they start a new life somewhere with new Identities. They now have become enablers and are helping to promote the murderers to acheive a miscarriage of justice. The pride TM and SM instilled in his family has proven to be the rock they will perish on. Ordinary men and women just like Mr Fitzpatrick have passed judgement and it's not acceptable to TM/SM/MM/CM/SM/ME/ME that people of a lesser GOD should have a say in what's right or wrong. As TM put it. " I found the man (MR Fitzpatrick) uneducated and I couldn't understand a word he said." well to understand MR fitzpatrick TM would have had to speak the language of truth. This is why he couldn't understand him. MR fitzpatrick was wise enough to know that "A fine southerly gentleman of esquisite character and refinement" wanted him to tell a few lies.MR Fitzpatrick was educated enough to know this and documented a testament. MR Fitzpatrick went to his grave having NOT commited murder. To his last dying day he upheld the truth.

Don’t forget that there was SM too. Although not of interest to the DA of Davidson County NC at present. She was mother of the convicted murder MM and wife of the other convicted murder TM. She was present in the house the night of the murder, she was present in the journey to the JC home and privy to the reason they set off for it. It was they who set the bar and it was them that preyed on the susceptible. She is the one that saw and heard nothing and was concerned to ask the police the night of JC savage killing “was everything ok”. As a family they have no standards or empathy. And remember SM is party to the civil suit of the C.

Not about this thread, but I just wanted to say to all our American friends on here, congratulation, your equestrian team has just won the Aga Khan Cup in Ireland at the Dublin Horse Show. Well done, you were superb.

amused at the backtracking abc have been forced to make since the verdict.
But, we got it right here on websleuths , folks.. we were correct.. all along..
That reassures me a little, in the face of the most godawful dirty tricks campaign launched by the m family in the wake of the verdict.
Despicable humanity.
Every time a see a new propaganda piece it angers me even more. Glad ABC got it spot on. Just hope these vile twisted lying beasts die behind bars and the next 20+ yrs. we won’t hear of see anymore of them. The game is long up not only the king has no clothes he can be clearly seen he hasn’t and this can be freely expressed.

Also from same article.
Molly Corbett did not take the stand at trial, but the jurors watched her closely throughout the trial and developed theories about her mental health.
"I believe she can control her personalities, whether it's bipolar or whatever," Aamland said.
Molly Corbett told ABC News "20/20" in her pre-trial interview that she had once been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, but this information was never revealed at trial."

Are ABC trying to somehow make out the jury was tainted!!! This is really gutter press at its best.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...s-first-struck-by-molly-martens-36023539.html

[h=1]'The choking did not occur' - Two jurors believe Jason Corbett was asleep when he was first struck by Molly Martens[/h]
Molly Corbett told ABC News "20/20" in her pre-trial interview that she had once been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, but this information was never revealed at trial.

Figueroa and Perez also said they stared at Molly and made notes about what triggered Molly's emotions - and what didn't.
"Yes. Every time that they would talk about the kids, I was like, 'Molly's crying.' They'd show the pictures of her husband and his skull, 'Molly doesn't seem to be affected,' said Ms Perez.
Ms Perez went further in her observations of Molly's character.

"I think Molly is a person that has not been ever held accountable for any actions whatsoever. I think Molly was Daddy's princess, just like every girl is in Daddy's eyes. I feel like Molly was very manipulative."
Though it didn't come up at trial, Molly claimed in her interview with "20/20" that Jason had been an abusive husband for years, though the jurors argued the defense didn’t present proof of that.
“The defense did not once suggest any of that,” Ms Figueroa said.
"So we as jurors, or me as a juror, cannot take that into consideration because it was never presented as a possibility.”

“We had to go by what we heard,” Mr Aamland said.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...s-deemed-at-risk-from-prisoners-36021166.html

[h=1]Ex-FBI agent Thomas Martens in protective custody as he's deemed 'at risk' from prisoners[/h]However, if the North Carolina Parole Board does not decide to grant them maximum remission on the remainder of their sentences, they could serve up to 25 years.
Both have signalled that they will appeal the convictions and sentences.

Martens's legal team had warned the trial, in the sentencing hearing, that any lengthy prison term for him could effectively represent a life sentence.
Before they left Davidson County courts complex, they were asked to change from their clothing and into regulation blue denims.

In Martens-Corbett's case, it was a blue denim dress and, in Martens's case, blue denim trousers and a light blue shirt.
Both were transferred to Raleigh prisons - some two hours away - in handcuffs and waist chains.

Martens is now being held at the notorious Central Prison in Raleigh.

Oh sorry guys I was trying to put these in media page my apologies if they have already been put up

Also from same article.
Molly Corbett did not take the stand at trial, but the jurors watched her closely throughout the trial and developed theories about her mental health.
"I believe she can control her personalities, whether it's bipolar or whatever," Aamland said.
Molly Corbett told ABC News "20/20" in her pre-trial interview that she had once been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, but this information was never revealed at trial."

Are ABC trying to somehow make out the jury was tainted!!! This is really gutter press at its best.
aBC most likely are attempting this.. But the conviction stands. They are away. Justice was served. Rejoice and to hell with engaging with viper energy again. If I learnt anything from working here its to provide credible links as responses everywhere. Dont feed the trolls publicly.. just cite opposing proven facts instead.
Autopsy, warrants etc are all public documents. Use thm on public media sources in comment sections. dont swim with the sharks. Its over.

aBC most likely are attempting this.. But the conviction stands. They are away. Justice was served. Rejoice and to hell with engaging with viper energy again. If I learnt anything from working here its to provide credible links as responses everywhere. Dont feed the trolls publicly.. just cite opposing proven facts instead.
Autopsy, warrants etc are all public documents. Use thm on public media sources in comment sections. dont swim with the sharks. Its over.

Share your sentiment but its not over for me until shes quietly serving her time. You would think her and her family would actually realise the hurt and pain they have caused Jasons children and family and Mags family by this trial and the stunts they tried to pull they are despicable and its only the half of it really ....

Share your sentiment but its not over for me until shes quietly serving her time. You would think her and her family would actually realise the hurt and pain they have caused Jasons children and family and Mags family by this trial and the stunts they tried to pull they are despicable and its only the half of it really ....
By now, she has no doubt complained loudly about prison facilities, food, dress etc, had a million hissy fits and screamed blue murder as the realisation of her fate hits home.. detach.. let her go... her family should be prosecuted for their ongoing dirty campaigns and if they are not, they will cause untold damage to all and sundry

Firstly I have an apology to make to Stephan and group, genuinely sick at the rag pics last night and only glancing at the source which said DA office, I the absolute thick that I am assumed they had been released by the DA to counter the diary of mad Ann being Frank on 20/20

I have felt so bad all day having realised when I read a post that they were released by defence, but do want to say my comments about the pic were sincere non the less.

I've spent the day doing something I haven't done in ages, properly taking time to read over posts, tweets here, reports, everything that led up to their deserved sentence. Personally I think we are unstoppable here once we get our heads together, and I think what's required now is to take in all the info including upcoming interview etc and pick through it, referring back to and comparing it with trial statements, testimony, We may not have had the insight or power to work with full evidence on our thread before now, but we have a heck of a lot now and lots more to come, what's the beauty about it is it will be their own words we are sleuthing.

One slip up, we will know here first. I am committed to doing something to make a difference, the energy here is too good to waste. We will find something if we work together !

Jmo

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Firstly I have an apology to make to Stephan and group, genuinely sick at the rag pics last night and only glancing at the source which said DA office, I the absolute thick that I am assumed they had been released by the DA to counter the diary of mad Ann being Frank on 20/20

I have felt so bad all day having realised when I read a post that they were released by defence, but do want to say my comments about the pic were sincere non the less.

I've spent the day doing something I haven't done in ages, properly taking time to read over posts, tweets here, reports, everything that led up to their deserved sentence. Personally I think we are unstoppable here once we get our heads together, and I think what's required now is to take in all the info including upcoming interview etc and pick through it, referring back to and comparing it with trial statements, testimony, We may not have had the insight or power to work with full evidence on our thread before now, but we have a heck of a lot now and lots more to come, what's the beauty about it is it will be their own words we are sleuthing.

One slip up, we will know here first. I am committed to doing something to make a difference, the energy here is too good to waste. We will find something if we work together !

Jmo

You are a lady ❤️

You are a lady [emoji173]️
Omg felt sick all day thought you and Kitty would be thinking I was gone over to the dark side with me thick post[emoji8] *advertiser censored*

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
George Bernard Shaw

Jmo

Terrific post. Count me in. I'm here till they turn the lights off.

I think we can be of service in regards to the civil suits. Some of you may remember that it was not until the civil trial that OJ was tripped up by the Bruno Magli shoes. Yesterday, someone noticed that MM has makeup on, even though she supposedly had gone to bed..little details like that can have huge consequences.
I'm actually pleased now that she made this statement on ABC and that we have screen shots of the allegations on the fundraising site.

She's locked in.

Why didn't her FBI Dad know anything about her being choked to unconsciousness? Does SC remember waking her up? When brother WC visited the week before, were they even sleeping together? There is so much more that can come into the civil trial.

And if the two motions that were denied come in...we now know they will be furiously refuted by the letter from Mr Fitzpatrick and by one of the children they intimidated and coached.

Not one American court of justice has believed her...not the custody case, not the estate case, not the criminal case.

We will make sure it's 4 and zero. We will parse every detail!

I think we can be of service in regards to the civil suits. Some of you may remember that it was not until the civil trial that OJ was tripped up by the Bruno Magli shoes. Yesterday, someone noticed that MM has makeup on, even though she supposedly had gone to bed..little details like that can have huge consequences.
I'm actually pleased now that she made this statement on ABC and that we have screen shots of the allegations on the fundraising site.

She's locked in.

Why didn't her FBI Dad know anything about her being choked to unconsciousness? Does SC remember waking her up? When brother WC visited the week before, were they even sleeping together? There is so much more that can come into the civil trial.

And if the two motions that were denied come in...we now know they will be furiously refuted by the letter from Mr Fitzpatrick and by one of the children they intimidated and coached.

Not one American court of justice has believed her...not the custody case, not the estate case, not the criminal case.

We will make sure it's 4 and zero. We will parse every detail!
Noting to myself and others "the diary of mad Ann being frank" as I will refer to it is a positive thing for us sleuthers, no matter what's said how much tm waves his hands round in a animated fashion with his eyes bulging we need to stick to every sentence and have cold hearts in our goal. If we get lost in the hurt of what they are about to spew, we will get lost in their drama.

It's clear stmary you are wide awake and have a goal in sight !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member