GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paid $3300/mo rent a year ahead? If 1 month first and last, that's $46,200! Must have been AH's money.

I wonder if he was reading here during that time. I bet he was.

Probably on the WRAL comments section. It was front page news there with articles every day or almost every day.

So, GH. Which one was it? Were you going to "just let Laura keep the boys" or were you going to pay her $25K to get her to drop the case (as per the "signed" document found in the GH & AH home during the search).

Weren't these dated the same day? "Signed document" dated 6/13/11, but crossed out & put 7/13/11. This FB message is also from 7/13/11.

No warrants for AH's email accounts?

Why?

Depending on the email provider, they might be able to get the email data. It's been 2+ years, but some providers might keep data warehoused.

ETA: deleted email from gmail (google mail) is kept for 60 days, give or take. email that has not been deleted would remain. I have emails going back 5 years from gmail, as an example.

Did anyone catch what date this gentleman was asked to get the trash box from the apt building?

Thank god for men like this witness. I just can't imagine doing this trash job day after day.

Did anyone catch what date this gentleman was asked to get the trash box from the apt building?

Way after the fact--the 29th IIRC. But he thinks this trash was picked up every other week but it may not have been the regular schedule.

John Clark ABC11 @JohnClarkABC11
Strange twist in the police investigation in the lead-up to Grant Hayes' murder arrest. @EdCrumpABC11, live from the trial on #ABC11 at 12.

---
Was there something said this morning I missed?

Darn, the dumpster was emptied on 7/15/11--so any evidence was gone by the time LE got there.

Ahhh, there is the information I was looking for. It was dumped on 7/15/11. Before this dump arranged by RPD.

John Clark ABC11 @JohnClarkABC11
Strange twist in the police investigation in the lead-up to Grant Hayes' murder arrest. @EdCrumpABC11, live from the trial on #ABC11 at 12.

---
Was there something said this morning I missed?

I didn't hear anything. Although I will admit I've had to mute the feed several times. Surely one of us would've picked up on something out of the ordinary.

Sounds like one of those plugs just to get you to watch the news. I don't see anything on their website. Wouldn't they would have wanted to put it up as soon as the noon news is over so they can be "first to publish"?

FRI 7/15:

(12:55 PM) GH put his macbook on craigslist: 15in Macbook Pro - $1200, the listing was deleted, so appraently the macbook sold.

(6:30 PM) according to Patsy Hayes (GH's mother), GH called her to complain that LA never showed up at the Sheetz in Wilson to pick up the boys for the weekend as is the norm per the current custody arrangements. PH says he was frustrated and the boys were hot. PH says GH asked her to call LA or go see if she was at her residence/office (both LA and PH live in Kinston). *note that this day 7/15 was actually the coolest day of the month and the coolest day since 30 days prior (86 high). The rest of the week was very, very hot...so in hindsight would recall the week as excessively hot but it was not that FRI*

CM (business partner) calls Kinston Police to report LA missing.

SAT 7/16:

6:30 a.m. Purchases cooler and bags of ice from Wal-Mart (no UHaul seen or mentioned by the detective).

Grant goes to Target and is seen on video. Buys 2 coolers, takes them to the Durango/Uhaul, puts the coolers in and goes back into Target. He then buys a toilet brush and paper towels.

SUN 7/17:

GH, AH and the three children set off for AH's sister's in Richmond, TX with a U-Haul trailer and 5 coolers. Prior to departing, they purchase a quantity of coolers, ice, and rent a Uhaul trailer which they attach to their car. This is a 20 hour trip, so its also possible they left Raleigh SAT 7/16.

I think it may be in relation to this tweet about 9 min. before-

Ed Crump @EdCrumpABC11
#BREAKING Detectives believe Grant Hayes planned to hold media conference to ask for help finding the woman he's accused of killing.#abc11

bbm

I don't see why they both weren't charged with murder/conspiracy to murder? In Michael Bargo case, the two girls who lured the victim to the place where he was eventually beaten to death and many other horrific things done to him, they were both found guilty of conspiracy to murder and sentenced to life in prison w/o parole.

Other than Murder in the 1st Degree, I don't know what, if any, other charges GH and AH are indicted.

In NC, there are only two sentences for 1st Degree Murder -- Death (and this is not a DP case); and Life Without Parole (LWOP). In NC, LWOP is indeed what it says -- no parole, period.

I looked at a couple of people who were convicted of Murder and "1st Degree Murder - Conspiracy" -- this charge was secondary to the 1st Degree Murder charge, and the sentence for Conspiracy was "12 years to 15 years, 2 months." This amount of time can vary quite a bit -- it has to do with prior convictions, and whether it is regarded as "aggravated," "mitigated," or "presumptive." In this particular case, the Conspiracy time was "consecutive" to the LWOP. Sounds nuts, I know, but if the LWOP is ever changed -- which is RARE -- this charge should stand unless it is also changed. This doesn't happen very often.

HTH

This is according to the North Carolina General Statutes --

http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/statutes/statutestoc.pl

HTH.

:seeya:

Did anyone catch the date/time the duffel bags were purchased at walmart? TIA

Dang, they found the shower curtain! ARRGGHH and a break....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95