GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg they found the shower curtain in the trash!

:seeya:

Did anyone catch the date/time the duffel bags were purchased at walmart? TIA

It was on the 16th but I'm not clear on the time. Apparently, he bought them and then returned them? Or something like that? All of teh cooler shopping was done on the 16th though. In between Wal-Mart and Target is when the UHaul was put on because the early morning Wal-Mart visit, he didn't have the UHaul, but in the Target video, he did.

FRI 7/15:

(12:55 PM) GH put his macbook on craigslist: 15in Macbook Pro - $1200, the listing was deleted, so appraently the macbook sold.

(6:30 PM) according to Patsy Hayes (GH's mother), GH called her to complain that LA never showed up at the Sheetz in Wilson to pick up the boys for the weekend as is the norm per the current custody arrangements. PH says he was frustrated and the boys were hot. PH says GH asked her to call LA or go see if she was at her residence/office (both LA and PH live in Kinston). *note that this day 7/15 was actually the coolest day of the month and the coolest day since 30 days prior (86 high). The rest of the week was very, very hot...so in hindsight would recall the week as excessively hot but it was not that FRI*

CM (business partner) calls Kinston Police to report LA missing.

SAT 7/16:

6:30 a.m. Purchases cooler and bags of ice from Wal-Mart.

Grant goes to Target and is seen on video. Buys 2 coolers, takes them to the Durango/Uhaul, puts the coolers in and goes back into Target. He then buys a toilet brush and paper towels. ***Grant then goes to the storage unit.***

SUN 7/17:

GH, AH and the three children set off for AH's sister's in Richmond, TX with a U-Haul trailer and 5 coolers. Prior to departing, they purchase a quantity of coolers, ice, and rent a Uhaul trailer which they attach to their car. This is a 20 hour trip, so its also possible they left Raleigh SAT 7/16.

*** by me. Surfie, are you sure grant then went to the storage unit? I thought the detective, after obtaining that video, then went to the storage unit (not GH).

*** by me. Surfie, are you sure grant then went to the storage unit? I thought the detective, after obtaining that video, then went to the storage unit (not GH).

I'm not 100% sure. I'll redact it for now. I was trying to listen and type at the same time. Heh.

So, what's the consensus here? Do you all think the storage unit was used at all or was this whole horrific thing done in the apartment?

Hi everyone :wave: ----feeling a little indisposed this morning. Not sure what's going on.

I'm not 100% sure. I'll redact it for now. I was trying to listen and type at the same time. Heh.

So, what's the consensus here? Do you all think the storage unit was used at all or was this whole horrific thing done in the apartment?

My theory was they did the dismemberment at the apt and kept everything there in the duffel bags until the coolers/ice were bought on 7/16. That's why the shower curtain, other bathroom stuff were discarded (blood) and the bathroom floor and walls bleached. But if they didn't buy the duffel bags until 7/16, that can't be right.

On the other hand, if the attorney misspoke and the duffel bags were purchased on 7/11 (there was prior discussion about walmart on 7/11), that would be strong evidence of pre-meditation!

But now I'm confused about dates and places!

I think the 07/11 date is when the detective did the initial product number query on the coolers (from Texas). The first "hit" on someone buying it at the Wal-Mart that was closest to where they lived was on that date, but it turned out to be another couple. The manager kept looking and asked other stores to do the same and that's when the second "hit" came up matching the product number, but it was at the Wal-Mart further away from the apartment and that did turn out to be Grant. That was on the 16th.

FRI 7/15:

(12:55 PM) GH put his macbook on craigslist: 15in Macbook Pro - $1200, the listing was deleted, so appraently the macbook sold.

(6:30 PM) according to Patsy Hayes (GH's mother), GH called her to complain that LA never showed up at the Sheetz in Wilson to pick up the boys for the weekend as is the norm per the current custody arrangements. PH says he was frustrated and the boys were hot. PH says GH asked her to call LA or go see if she was at her residence/office (both LA and PH live in Kinston). *note that this day 7/15 was actually the coolest day of the month and the coolest day since 30 days prior (86 high). The rest of the week was very, very hot...so in hindsight would recall the week as excessively hot but it was not that FRI*

CM (business partner) calls Kinston Police to report LA missing.

SAT 7/16:

6:30 a.m. Purchases cooler and bags of ice from Wal-Mart (no UHaul seen or mentioned by the detective).

Grant goes to Target and is seen on video. Buys 2 coolers, takes them to the Durango/Uhaul, puts the coolers in and goes back into Target. He then buys a toilet brush and paper towels.

SUN 7/17:

GH, AH and the three children set off for AH's sister's in Richmond, TX with a U-Haul trailer and 5 coolers. Prior to departing, they purchase a quantity of coolers, ice, and rent a Uhaul trailer which they attach to their car. This is a 20 hour trip, so its also possible they left Raleigh SAT 7/16.

BBM

And please, we saw the video. He had the boys standing outside for 12 minutes.

Furthermore, anyone who has ever been in a Sheetz knows they have plenty of indoor seating where GH & the boys could've sat in the a/c. Should GH have chose that route.

Random Q for you all.

LE brought Sha "downtown for questioning" the morning of Wednesday, July 20. Sha knew as of Monday that her mother was in Texas, and she knew even before that (Sat., July 16) that they were leaving for Texas.

Why did it take LE until Friday night, July 22 to leave to travel (via car) for Texas, and until the 24th to go to Karen Berry's house? Did Sha not share that info with them even though she knew where GH and AH were? They might have had more evidence due to less decomposition if they had gone to TX more quickly. But I guess they pretty much assumed Laura was deceased at that point, so they were not on a "rescue" mission....

I have always thought they did the whole thing in the apartment. But now I'm going to have to go back & watch today's testimony again. I'm confused, too.

I have always thought they did the whole thing in the apartment. But now I'm going to have to go back & watch today's testimony again. I'm confused, too.

I wish they would cover evidence chronologically by date it transacted rather than chron by date of the investigation. My little brain scrambles when things aren't linear. :waitasec:

I wish they would cover evidence chronologically by date it transacted rather than chron by date of the investigation. My little brain scrambles when things aren't linear. :waitasec:

I totally feel you on that one, Boodles.

I should be taking notes like the judge is! Maybe then I could keep it straight in my head.

Me, too, am finding testimony a little here there and everywhere. I have not been able to CLEARLY see a timeline. If I was a jury, I would be pulling my hair out right now.

Me, too, am finding testimony a little here there and everywhere. I have not been able to CLEARLY see a timeline. If I was a jury, I would be pulling my hair out right now.

I've been keeping the timeline up from the first page. It helps some. I'm sure it is very frustrating for the jurors too because it's all jumbled. I hope and pray they use a visible timeline in closing to wrap the evidence and witnesses up. That would help a LOT.

I didn't watch all of last week's testimony so, I'm not clear on one thing. What kind of saw did Grant buy? Was it a motorized one? It seems to me that if it were, people in neighboring apartments would have heard it?

I've been keeping the timeline up from the first page. It helps some. I'm sure it is very frustrating for the jurors too because it's all jumbled. I hope and pray they use a visible timeline in closing to wrap the evidence and witnesses up. That would help a LOT.

WHAT! There is a timeline on our first page? Oy vey, I am a dork :facepalm:

Thanks Surfie, you rock ! :rockon:

4:10 p.m Walmart on Glen something avenue is the surveillance video buying ice and coolers. I dunno...this is so confusing.

July 13 at 9:20 p.m. video at Chick-fil-A. 4 meals with 4 drinks. Amanda and the kids are there.

07/13/2011 - 9:55 p.m. Durango leaves the Chick-fil-A. It seems that Amanda and the kids were dropped off there because the surveillance shows them getting back into the Durango and Amanda has the baby in her arms when she is ordering. She doesn't have the baby in a carseat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member