GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't aware that was WRAL's policy. I say we nominate CrazytownUSA to txt her friend Chad and give him a virtual kick to wake up and turn on the feed when there are questions! ;)

That said, I'll keep a tab on ABCnews. I'm in the office so I'm not sure if the ABC feed will stay live--it often times out for me in 5 min.

WRAL usually tweets that they will come back when the jurors have a verdict. I have not seen such a tweet yet today.

I second your nomination.

I can still hear the audio and it's driving me crazy that I can't see anything.

audio on WRAL? I hear nothing. There's nothing to see unless you like looking at the back of people's heads.

I can't find a live feed available on ABCnews11. Anyone have a direct link? I have a tab open on WRAL live feed.

I wasn't aware that was WRAL's policy. I say we nominate CrazytownUSA to txt her friend Chad and give him a virtual kick to wake up and turn on the feed when there are questions! ;)

That said, I'll keep a tab on ABCnews. I'm in the office so I'm not sure if the ABC feed will stay live--it often times out for me in 5 min.

That would mean interrupting his nap :floorlaugh:

audio on WRAL? I hear nothing. There's nothing to see unless you like looking at the back of people's heads.

There was some chatter but it seems to have stopped now. I have both feeds open and sound up a little, just in case!!!

I agree! Saying he was moving to Kinston was part of his master plan. It made it look like he was just "bending over backwards". to help LA. Once LA "disappeared" after taking the $25000, he could pull out the document saying she was not going to seek custody. He thought this would allow him to move to VI w/ the kids. Again, he was counting on her body never being found so she would just be labeled as missing. If they had dumped her body one piece at a time while in route to Texas, they might have gotten away w/ it. Thank heavens they were over confident w/ their plan. I have to hand it to them on their cleaning of the apartment, coolers, etc. They did a good job with that part. Hope the jury wipes that grin off his face today by finding him guilty!

bbm

Marilou, I wonder why the prosecution didn't say that in their closings? I remember they talked about Grant did it so he could say Laura took the $25,000 and went away, but I don't recall them saying that it might also have been so he could legally leave the country with the kids??

Your point is so good, I believe the "agreement" was dual-purposed, one was to give Laura an "alibi" for being missing, the other was so he could legally leave with the kids. Remember when KB was saying that they were worried that the cops might arrest him, give his kids to CS if the court found out they took them across state lines? And even though Laura was "missing," there would probably have to have been a length of time passing for her disappearce, before the court would essentially "shut down" the custody case. So he probably thought that they would go looking for him and take his kids away if he left with them, even after Laura's "disappearance."

He needed that document so he could shut down the whole case quickly, be free to do whatever he wanted with his kids, and then he was gonna pack up and leave for the Virgin Islands (or maybe go somewhere totally off-the-radar, after all he would probably be afraid her body would be found someday). He was probably cancel all credit cards, leave the country, and go under-the-radar from that point.

My first gut reaction was by COB today.

However, I wouldn't be shocked if they chose to sleep on it overnight & came in w/ a verdict no later than lunch tomorrow.

I think they will probably go over the instructions a couple or a few times, reading through it very carefully. That is probably where they have the most questions, seems to me. There is no doubt about all the other stuff, they showed him in videos, they dug through the trash, all the witness testimonies, it's all pretty overwhelming.

They do have a lot to go through. And there's the administrivia stuff of selecting a foreperson, getting organized, blowing off some steam now they can finally talk to each other about the case, etc. Remember they have not been discussing the case so they have 3 weeks to catch up on. Patience is necessary. As long as they come to a unanimous decision in the end, however long they need is fine.

This is so nerve wracking how much more so for Laura's family and Becky and Boz. I hope GH is sweating OT out in that thermal tshirt he keeps wearing. Yuck.

This is so nerve wracking how much more so for Laura's family and Becky and Boz. I hope GH is sweating OT out in that thermal tshirt he keeps wearing. Yuck.

bbm

:floorlaugh:

GH's control over his lawyers showed in that, IMO, his lawyers probably advised him to wear a dress shirt and he denied. What Grant wants Grant gets. I hope the jury gets that message just from the little things they saw in the courtroom.

I have a feeling Becky & Boz are very relaxed. This case is fairly clear-cut and they had a mountain of evidence. There's no "who done it" here. He did it and his wife did it. I believe both will be found guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste