Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every worst fear coming true in this case! I feel sick thinking about what these poor children have been through. Mariah didn't stand a chance. I hope the boys get all the help they will need to heal. This is a nightmare!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^^^ Uh huh. This is getting messier and messier. I don't think my heart can take much more. These remaining boys have been through so much. I think after reading all the horrid details I may just have to take a break.

I just wanted to say: Posting that "oldest child" was a victim of a SA and then realizing nation wide who this child is absolutely disgusts me. This kid needs some privacy.

Other parents in the area are reading this and will surely bias their treatment and judgements of this poor boy based on the knowledge that he was abused and may / may not pose a danger to other children.

These poor children need sooo much counseling and a very special home where they can grow SAFELY and SECURELY.

Oh I will blame any woman or man who exposes their kids to abuse when they have alternatives. Who is talking about that woman needing to leave? Her kids needed to leave. And they had a dad who was willing and able to take them. A simple phone call to him to come get them was all that was needed.

I represent a lot of victims in court. I understand the issue. A true parent doesn't allow their child to be abused. Period.

THANK YOU! You have an "inside" as to how it really is, and you tell it like it really is. Very refreshing!

A little off topic but I remember Oprah discussing her own sexual abuse and the conflict of pleasure and guilt. Very sad situation.

I'm not seeing any documents at that link. Are they in the video that I can't get to play?

In the middle of the article are photos of the documents. Use your arrow keys to scroll through them.

I'm not seeing any documents at that link. Are they in the video that I can't get to play?

They're there...photos after the first 4 paragraphs of the article.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's an old trick social workers use. They go in the bathroom and count the toothbrushes..4 people but 5 toothbrushes would be a clue....JMO
I never thought of that! Snooping in the bathroom for info. When we adopted 4 years ago that's the first thing the woman doing the home study did.

Hi. New here. I noticed that too, but doubt they'd be quite so careless with relatively expensive, or at least precious, drugs. I haven't seen cocaine thrown out as one of the drugs of choice. Do people do lines of meth? I thought meth was smoked.

I finally decided it must be random dust. Would this be when EK's biological daughter was an infant? Could it be formula powder? A friend and I joke that it always looks like a Coke den in the kitchen after Daddy makes a bottle.

ETA: Dang. Supposed to be a reply to Tippy Lin post of horrible couple in kitchen circa Feb '15

Heroin can be injected, smoked, or snorted.

Maybe, all of their spoons were dirty, but they had some clean straws lying around./s

Hi. New here. I noticed that too, but doubt they'd be quite so careless with relatively expensive, or at least precious, drugs. I haven't seen cocaine thrown out as one of the drugs of choice. Do people do lines of meth? I thought meth was smoked.

I finally decided it must be random dust. Would this be when EK's biological daughter was an infant? Could it be formula powder? A friend and I joke that it always looks like a Coke den in the kitchen after Daddy makes a bottle.

ETA: Dang. Supposed to be a reply to Tippy Lin post of horrible couple in kitchen circa Feb '15
Welcome! Love your screen name!

it's not clear who he means by "she". it could be the third party (friend of social worker) or the social worker. He refers to other party notifying LE - other party being social worker (SW) or the friend of SW?

I’m interpreting that to mean the friend of the SW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So is this older child they're referring to one of the boys that lives there with them, or the older one that's AW's son but not KH's?

I never thought of that! Snooping in the bathroom for info. When we adopted 4 years ago that's the first thing the woman doing the home study did.

I'd be screwed. I live alone and have three toothbrushes in my bathroom. Not to mention a few cheap toothbrushes that I keep in the kitchen sink cupboard for cleaning some awkward spaces.

So is this older child they're referring to one of the boys that lives there with them, or the older one that's AW's son but not KH's?

The one who lived in the home.

I think someone has misunderstood the documents (for some reason that is not clear to me) to mean that the oldest child is not AW's. I don't think that is true.

I think I was confused because AW said he temporarily got custody because it was feared the two youngest weren't safe around the oldest. And then, for whatever reason CPS decided they were safe so they returned the youngest two children to KW. And now his daughter is dead. And AW has also said that KW is trying to blame the oldest for Mariah's death. I think his incredible anger and frustration is the oldest remains with his brother.

RE drug use, people will hide it till the end and drugs like meth and heroin only stay in a person’s system for about 24-36hrs. They have a very short half-life. Methylphenidate/dextroamphetamine (Ritalin, Concerta, Aderall) have the same profile when testing for drugs. IMO there should be a chemical marker in the legitimately prescribed drugs to differentiate from street drugs.

**eta my point is that if mom and EK were doing drugs, with such a short half-life, they would have easily been “clean” when CPS tested them last year.
For that matter they could've used the same day & used one of the kids urine for drug screen. Happens all the time. There's so many ways to get around a drug screen it's unbelievable.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

If the ex wife would not hand the children over, he would have to pay a lawyer to file a complaint. You cannot just walk into the courthouse and speak to someone.

You need to file paperwork with the help of an attorney. That can be costly.

That is just not true. He could have discussed this with his Case Worker and the District Attorney. No charge to him for either of these. The public pays the District Attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back