GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such a shame, to see interest just fall away from Kelli's case because there hasn't been any information forthcoming from LE. No updates on the evidence found in searches etc. Another missing young woman just gone.

Has anyone done a timeline for this case? I would like to see a timeline for the week prior to Kelli's disappearance.

Can anyone tell me, how much public use does the Cape Fear River, around Fayetteville, get in the warmer months? Is there a lot of use for fishing? How about boating? Motor boats or just canoeing, kayaking? How about swimming?
Asking in terms of, how many extra set of eyes will be on the water during the coming months and could stumble across evidence of what happened to Kelli?

There will be more use in the summer, but not in the area by the bar, except for maybe SOME fishing.

That's interesting about him working at Fort Bragg in construction. I had assumed that he was not working and therefore had the time to take weeks off to visit family and buy a car. Did he give up his job? lose his job? or maybe it was just a casual type of thing.

Has anyone done a timeline for this case? I would like to see a timeline for the week prior to Kelli's disappearance.

I do not think there is a timeline HeinekenMan; at least not one that has been made public. I've not seen one in reports or posts.

Hi VOH, nice to see you; Thanks for your post. Anything new or different happening locally you are able to share?

I seriously wonder why TES wasnt called in by the family and LE if they believe that NH is the likely perp.

NH in my opinion would not have taken Kelli far. TES would be very helpful!
On the other hand MB could have taken her all the way to FLA-

I am really frustrated and feel like enough isnt being done. The family has gone home to Tenn. and I'm wondering if LE really has any idea what happened.

I know the family is saying they will hold out hope and believe she is being held but I would beg TES to come.

JMO
scatterbrained over this and heartbroken for Kelli's mother

I was just doing some research and have not found Kelli's case listed with either Texasequusearch or NamUs (National Missing and Unidentified Persons System) which I find disturbing.

If anyone is in contact with Kelli's family please forward this information to them. It is really, really important they they have her listed with NamUs.

http://www.namus.gov/

http://texasequusearch.org/

Empirical research - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Empirical data is not available for murder crimes. Available sources are,
1. case law of murder cases
2. textbooks on criminal investigations
3. empirical research of crimes (other than murder)

A study in Journal of Forensic Sciences, March 1994, Vol. 39, No. 2, by Keppel & Weis
http://library-resources.cqu.edu.au/JFS/PDF/vol_39/iss_2/JFS392940386.pdf

This study attempts to show certain factors that aid in helping to solve a murder by using factors of time and distance and how those factors affect solvibility. Here they assume there is,
1. a body
2. a suspect
3. a location where a body was found, among other factors.

Factors that increase chances of solving a case are,
1. suspect is in custody within 24 hours (Kelli wasn't even reported missing by then)
2. if not solved within 24 hours, chance of solving the case falls.
3. having time of death, place of death and location site of recovery
4. amount of time perp had to kill and dispose of body
5. scene of murder #1 importance (to collect physical evidence)

Here's what criminals do to decrease chances of being linked to the crime,
1. Separation by time & distance (of the situation itself and any related discovery)
Offender intentially separates locations between the offense and the body thus prolonging discovery and destroying evidence. Weathering and deterioration take place along with increasing the time of discovery by increasing the distance of where the body can be found.

2. Complicates communication and cooperation among agencies
If a body is moved far away, the crime is no longer under the authority of the original jurisdiction that the crime is suspected to have happened in.
ie, tavern - remote location - kill - move again.
Perp creates time & distance issues that hinder the investigation

Other factors that hinder investigations involve not knowing the important times surrounding the victim; ie, knowledge of victim's disappearance is delayed, no immediate well check conducted, discovery of victim's body being delayed.
These factors all point to a less likely chance the case will be solved.

Unfortunately, Kelli's case has these negative factors associated with it.
The study is interesting and points out how the process, procedures and factors of solving murder cases have not been coordinated in any functional way. This study stems back two decades!

Here are some solvability factors stated in the study
1. Canvassing for eyewitnesses
2. Developing informants
3. Contacting other police agencies
but these neglect the characteristics of the crime incident that may be important in solving the case.

The study tries to provide a starting place to begin to create 'A Model for Murder Investigations'.

This is such a shame, to see interest just fall away from Kelli's case because there hasn't been any information forthcoming from LE. No updates on the evidence found in searches etc. Another missing young woman just gone.

I agree. It's upsetting to see it drop farther and farther down the list of threads every time I get on here to see if anythings developed.

That's interesting about him working at Fort Bragg in construction. I had assumed that he was not working and therefore had the time to take weeks off to visit family and buy a car. Did he give up his job? lose his job? or maybe it was just a casual type of thing.

When I was younger, my dad worked for a union contracted electrical company that did a lot of work at diff construction sites. It was pretty typical for him to be laid off for months at a time. Around where I live, depending on the type of construction, a lot of it is seasonal...a lot of my friends are contractors and they get a lot of work during summer and it starts dwindling down in the winter months and starts to slowly pick back up in the spring. Idk if it's the same in his situation- just a thought.

I still think that the answer to where Kelli is, lies somewhere near Spring Lake. I would really like to know where and on what portion of the base Miked worked. There is Smith Lake Recreation Area that needs to be searched if it hasn't already been and also Texas Pond on the way to Spring Lake. These two areas are just about halfway between Kelli's apartment complex and the base, and Spring Lake.

Along Honeycutt Rd.

Attachments

• map001.jpg
    map001.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 22
I don't think interest has waned, but information appears to have dried up. Except for hearing about the occasional search, we don't have anything new. LE might have something new, but we don't know about it.

I still think that the answer to where Kelli is, lies somewhere near Spring Lake. I would really like to know where and on what portion of the base Miked worked. There is Smith Lake Recreation Area that needs to be searched if it hasn't already been and also Texas Pond on the way to Spring Lake. These two areas are just about halfway between Kelli's apartment complex and the base, and Spring Lake.

Along Honeycutt Rd.

I came to the same conclusion last night. I agree 100%

I don't think interest has waned, but information appears to have dried up. Except for hearing about the occasional search, we don't have anything new. LE might have something new, but we don't know about it.

Yep I agree. Otherwise people would just keep going around and around in circles. it's not that I think interest has has dwindled..I just hope they have the information they need and and progression is being made.

Does anyone know if/ how much the area around the entrance and to her apartment has been searched? I could very well be wrong, but feel like Nick was telling the truth about dropping her off there, and that her phone is in that vicinity. I believe there is a sewer near there on Ramsey, woods, ect. If it hasn't happened already, I think that area needs a thorough search!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amber42