Found Deceased NC - Raul Johnson, 4, Laurinburg, 24 January 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was sorta hoping that a kind and sweet older neighbor had him, saw him walking, brought him in for a snack sorta thing. I know...dreaming

Forgive me for jumping in, but who saw little Raul barefoot along the road?

Was that a completely credible sighting, according to LE?

Where are his shoes?

When did he last have them on?

Is there any kind of address that we can google to get mapquest to show where the roads leads? Any other out buildings that he can be in?

Has any info been given on how far the neighbor's house is from the Grandfather's house?

I found this mornings press conference on Facebook. The Sheriff seems close to tears at times. I know LE is doing everything they can to find this little guy. He talks about the fact that it was known that Raul would wander sometimes and that family/neighbors need to watch their children. "Folks, you know what it's like......if you have kids. It's our job to protect. You have to take care of them. We have to watch our own kids. If a child wanders off once, twice..........from talking to the neighbors, if it's happening a lot, then bad things are going to happen to the children. From what I understand from talking to our detectives, these children wandered a lot and now we're doing our best to find him."

https://www.facebook.com/FOX35News/...fref=gs&dti=119779548693128&hc_location=group

Oh God how sad. Maybe grandfather was overwhelmed looking after Raul and his sister (and possibly others)? Is there no grandmother or other adults in the house when mom is working?

Forgive me for jumping in, but who saw little Raul barefoot along the road?

Was that a completely credible sighting, according to LE?

AFAIK they have not elaborated who saw him or if it was credible. I had suspicion that the media maybe confused this with the neighbour who gave him cookies and then saw him walk off, but maybe it really was another person. I don't know.

The last part of the interview with the Sheriff by Fox 35 News that LaborDayRN just posted really stuck out to me.....

From what I understand from talking to our detectives, these children wandered a lot and now we're doing our best to find him."

These children..... So not just Raul, but several of their children often wandered?

Kind of makes me wonder why they didn't seem to want to be home. And also why precautions like higher deadbolts on the doors or being more vigilant in supervising them were not taken. I realize kids get curious/can be out of sight in no time but this solidifies my thoughts earlier that this type of thing is a regular occurrence at that house. Why?

AFAIK they have not elaborated who saw him or if it was credible. I had suspicion that the media maybe confused this with the neighbour who gave him cookies and then saw him walk off, but maybe it really was another person. I don't know.

Thank you, Elainera. Forgive me again for not checking upthread first, but has there been aerial thermal imaging yet?

Thank you, Elainera. Forgive me again for not checking upthread first, but has there been aerial thermal imaging yet?

Good idea, Thermal imaging. They did that when my son ran away from school, I was 500 miles away...and my firefighters friends called and said that it had picked something up in a field and they were preparing me for the worst. Good news, my son walked out of the woods on his own and was picked up by someone driving around looking for him.

My apologies if this has already been quoted or pointed out but this particular part of this news article stands out to me:

http://spectrumlocalnews.com/nc/tri...--4-year-old-boy-missing-from-scotland-county

Sheriff still looking into family members living in home, some of which "unrelated" to Johnson

Unrelated meaning others, who are not family/relation? How many people live in that place?

Or unrelated meaning, looking into something that is not related to Raul missing, but something that they feel a need to look into further?

I'm not sure if they used thermal imaging but the Sheriff did mention aircraft and drones in the press conference I posted 1 page back.

My apologies if this has already been quoted or pointed out but this particular part of this news article stands out to me:

http://spectrumlocalnews.com/nc/tri...--4-year-old-boy-missing-from-scotland-county

Unrelated meaning others, who are not family/relation? How many people live in that place?

Or unrelated meaning, looking into something that is not related to Raul missing, but something that they feel a need to look into further?

I would take it to mean unrelated by blood. Maybe someones girlfriend or boyfriend?

ETA: After reading the way it's worded in the article......I'm not really sure now.

I was wondering that too. I would assume they have, but I don't know. They have helicopters up though.

Spectrum News RDU‏Verified account @SpecNewsRDU

#AmberAlert Update: Sheriff says child has wondered off before, as recently as Tuesday. #RaulJohnson

https://twitter.com/SpecNewsRDU/status/956629074235023367

Just an observation after reading the article in your post.
"Sheriff still looking into family members living in home, some of which "unrelated" to Johnson"

"The mother is now out of jail but the father is still

incarcerated".

This is the first time that I've seen it mentioned that non-family people were living in the house. Interesting. Would like to know more about who was living there.
Sheriff does not say charges were dropped for the mother, he just states that she is no longer in jail. That could just simply mean that she bonded out. Again, I find this interesting.

I took it to mean unrelated to Raul by blood too.
I'm really trying hard to think of scenarios where Raul has wondered off on his own but I'm struggling because of the no shoes and dogs tracking him so far away.
I don't know if its reading all these websleuths threads but I can't help thinking bad thoughts.
How easy would it be to target a kid that is always wandering around on their own. I'm guessing pretty easy. Im thinking a crime of opportunity.
Other than that my thoughts are really dark and I won't divulge what I'm thinking because of TOS. I'm still praying g for little Raul. *advertiser censored* :(

I thought they said next door?

I'm just wondering if "next door" means right beside the house or next door to the property. Could she have lived close to the barn way down the road?

Just an observation after reading the article in your post.
"Sheriff still looking into family members living in home, some of which "unrelated" to Johnson"

"The mother is now out of jail but the father is still

incarcerated".

This is the first time that I've seen it mentioned that non-family people were living in the house. Interesting. Would like to know more about who was living there.
Sheriff does not say charges were dropped for the mother, he just states that she is no longer in jail. That could just simply mean that she bonded out. Again, I find this interesting.

BBM: lonetraveler, the wording really stuck out to me as well.

BBM: lonetraveler, the wording really stuck out to me as well.

Yep, I interpret this to mean that non-family people were living in the residence. I'm very surprise that some of the reporters haven't jumped right on this and cleared it up for our enquiring minds. :waitasec::websleuther:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin andreasen
Back