Found Deceased NC - Raul Johnson, 4, Laurinburg, 24 January 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is pretty hard to fathom - what is he worried about?

Exactly my thoughts. What's he hiding? There is a 4 year old baby missing - why would someone think twice about letting them drain a pond?

Exactly my thoughts. What's he hiding? There is a 4 year old baby missing - why would someone think twice about letting them drain a pond?

Worried about a mess? Or the expense to fill it back up? I have no idea what it takes to fill in a pond. Either way - a little boy is missing. Not a time to be selfish.

Worried about a mess? Or the expense to fill it back up? I have no idea what it takes to fill in a pond. Either way - a little boy is missing. Not a time to be selfish.

I know nothing about this guy or the legal technicalities involved, but he doesn't seem to have objected to letting his pond be searched twice, so while his objection to draining may not be thoughtful under the circumstances, I'm not sure it's suspicious. It's not as though making police go through the administrative hurdle of getting a warrant at this point (especially since the delay seems to have been a couple of hours) has much of an effect at all on the likelihood of Raul being found. Maybe a lawyer advised he was better protected from liability or whatever if there was a warrant in place; who knows?

UNless the pond contains, say, a lot of valuable fish, I’m struggling to understand why the owner wouldn’t want it drained, highly suspicious.
How will they drain it? Will they use fire services help?

I thought perhaps fish or wildlife/livestock too...but I personally feel the life of a child is a bit more important than fish. Call me cruel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know nothing about this guy or the legal technicalities involved, but he doesn't seem to have objected to letting his pond be searched twice, so while his objection to draining may not be thoughtful under the circumstances, I'm not sure it's suspicious. It's not as though making police go through the administrative hurdle of getting a warrant at this point (especially since the delay seems to have been a couple of hours) has much of an effect at all on the likelihood of Raul being found. Maybe a lawyer advised he was better protected from liability or whatever if there was a warrant in place; who knows?

Good points. I’m in the full panic mom mode now so I have tunnel vision. It would totally make sense too.
A well known person from my hometown actually had 2 bodies discovered in a pond on his personal property. Sad, crazy and strange story, it happened back in the early 2000’s- prior to my sleuthing days so not aware of a thread on it.
His name is Chad Lurvey - Waukesha, WI area. He’s been found guilty so that’s why I put his name. Anyways he protested the pond drain/search too....

I thought perhaps fish or wildlife/livestock too...but I personally feel the life of a child is a bit more important than fish. Call me cruel

They aren't looking for a living child in the pond. moo

Do we know LE actually had to get a warrant? I probably missed it, but I thought the article said the pond owner was reluctant.

Omg I’m an idiot lol! I didn’t realize how that came out. I meant that his life, living or not, but him physically would be a bigger priority to me than perhaps a fish or whatever else maybe the case.
Ty for pointing that out though lol :) it’s been a loooong week for me!

Four is such a hard hard year to parent even under the best circumstances. They don't (lovingly) label them the F*ing fours for nothing. They have finally made it through the toddler years, and they are (too) independent, (too) smart, (too) selfish, (too) stubborn, they are still unknowingly trying to off themselves in every way possible - only now in very creative ways. They are finally starting to identify themselves as individuals. And despite all that, they actually are somehow being very empathetic, loving, sweet, and adorable. It's a WILD ride.

This child was not going through it in the best of circumstances. I just want him found and safe. I am worried.
Wonderful, hystericallly accurate post!

Could those be the ‘roadblock’ to draining the pond? Does anyone know if he agreed to have it drained? I find it concerning that the owner wouldn’t want it drained. Since 2 ponds have been mentioned I am not sure which have/haven’t been drained.

“The second is a man-made pond on a farm belonging to Joe Manis, owner of Manis Custom Builders.

Evidence found in area caused searchers to focus on Manis’ pond. Child- sized foot prints were found in the mud around the pond, according to Kersey. Investigators believe the prints had to be fresh because rain that fell in the area on Monday night would have washed away old prints. Three different search dogs led rescuers to the pond as well.

Dive teams from Marlboro and Cumberland counties searched the pond on Wednesday and Thursday, but yielded no results.

The consensus was that the ponds should be drained because the boy’s size could make it easy to miss the body in the murky waters, Kersey said.

Manis was reluctant to allow his pond to be drained. Officials are hopeful that he will change his mind.”

http://www.laurinburgexchange.com/news/13761/fbi-joins-childs-search
Reluctant!?!?!?Really!!?!? WTF!!

Four is such a hard hard year to parent even under the best circumstances. They don't (lovingly) label them the F*ing fours for nothing. They have finally made it through the toddler years, and they are (too) independent, (too) smart, (too) selfish, (too) stubborn, they are still unknowingly trying to off themselves in every way possible - only now in very creative ways. They are finally starting to identify themselves as individuals. And despite all that, they actually are somehow being very empathetic, loving, sweet, and adorable. It's a WILD ride.

This child was not going through it in the best of circumstances. I just want him found and safe. I am worried.

Very. Feels like four forever even, it's the stuff of heros... 'lookout!'

True, but it is my understanding that ruling out the pond as a location will help determine how to proceed. Several family members were quoted as saying they feel he has been abducted. If he isn’t in the pond then police need to investigate further. Footprints led the police to that spot. If he isn’t there then what happened? Where is he?

Omg, yes! I've never heard that saying *advertiser censored*** 4s but so true! I have a 4.5....at this point I kind of hope someone did take him for the hope he may still be found alive.

I'm surprised they haven't yet searched the neighbors house. Not saying she took Raul but wouldn't it be standard procedure to search the last location he was seen?

Omg, yes! I've never heard that saying *advertiser censored*** 4s but so true! I have a 4.5....at this point I kind of hope someone did take him for the hope he may still be found alive.
lol, if you have never heard that before, you don’t hang out with any Pre-K teachers!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd
Back