Found Deceased NC - Raul Johnson, 4, Laurinburg, 24 January 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Gosh, I was looking around using Google Earth (and property records via Scotland County GIS). There are some huge ponds down there. :sigh: One of the smaller ones I measured was three square acres. I guess that makes sense, since the area is down toward the coast in the lowlands.

I'm one of those who just hasn't chimed in here yet. It's not because I don't care. It's the opposite. I followed Noah and Titus and DeOrr, and so many others. It's just so heartbreaking I'm not sure I can do it right now.

Has there been any official confirmation on a visual approximation (an image) of what Raul may have been wearing?

What kind of tiger print and rocket ships, for example? Would there be some reason not to share that information?

http://wncn.com/2018/01/24/amber-alert-issued-for-4-year-old-scotland-county-boy/ from early report
wearing a white and orange tiger-striped shirt with tigers on it and white pants with rocket ships printed on them.

The pajamas?
There aren't any photos that wouldn't violate TOS........

This certainly looks like a missing child. Someone who routinely goes barefoot leaves home without his shoes. Maybe he often goes out doors without shoes and thought nothing of it. Maybe he had no plans to go anywhere other than the neighbors house. The neighbor verifies that he was there and clarifies he wasn't speaking. That could be innocent enough but it has an ominous sound in light of the fact the child never returned home. Hopefully they have carefully investigated the neighbor to clarify that Raul left there on Wed. and determine if possible where he went from there.

They don’t speak when they are traumatized.
Come home sweet little one.

Realize this might not be well-received, but is it possible that there were legal reasons for the land owner not wanting the pond drained? Or perhaps financial? If he volunteered for it to be drained, would the city/county then be free of being financially responsible for refilling it? I know having water brought in to quickly fill a mid-sized pool can be quite expensive.
Did they have to obtain a warrant to have the dive teams search it or drag it? If not, it's probably less likely that he is hiding something. Perhaps he's unsympathetic to the situation and that is sad, perhaps he has something to hide (maybe it drains in a way that isn't up to code or is against some city regulation?) Or perhaps he is sympathetic to the situation but doesn't want to be forcibly financially responsible in aiding the search? Who knows...

Another thought occurred to me- they have mentioned in several articles now about Raul and I believe one mentioned another sibling has gone wandering off before in the past. Maybe this man has had his property searched on numerous occasions in the past and doesn't feel that the child is in there. Plus too, as others have mentioned, there could be legal issues as well as financial- who is going to refill the pond after it's drained? He did allow them to search the pond and allowed divers to go in it, so if he had something to hide, I think he would have demanded a warrant before hand, not after they searched.

Maybe he's disgusted with these neighbors not taking care of their children? We don't live near that family, and I am sure with all the charges brought up against the parents of that little boy, that there is more that he knows than us on WS. He probably feels the child isn't in there'

Another thought occurred to me- they have mentioned in several articles now about Raul and I believe one mentioned another sibling has gone wandering off before in the past. Maybe this man has had his property searched on numerous occasions in the past and doesn't feel that the child is in there. Plus too, as others have mentioned, there could be legal issues as well as financial- who is going to refill the pond after it's drained? He did allow them to search the pond and allowed divers to go in it, so if he had something to hide, I think he would have demanded a warrant before hand, not after they searched.

Maybe he's disgusted with these neighbors not taking care of their children? We don't live near that family, and I am sure with all the charges brought up against the parents of that little boy, that there is more that he knows than us on WS. He probably feels the child isn't in there'

Things take time, you never know, it could be combined with some business property, so it could simply be for process and liability reasons and not at all ill-intend, just deliberative.

What kind of area are they living? I am asking this because i have a hard time believing in a scenario with abduction. Because he went wandering off and then also right on that time someone comes by to kidnap him? I mean ofcourse it could be all bad coincidence but in my opinion he just wandered off and got lost or someone did something to him.

I really hope they find him soon. I have been on to many cases with children lately, so please let there be a good outcome this time.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

What kind of area are they living? I am asking this because i have a hard time believing in a scenario with abduction. Because he went wandering off and then also right on that time someone comes by to kidnap him? I mean ofcourse it could be all bad coincidence but in my opinion he just wandered off and got lost or someone did something to him.

I really hope they find him soon. I have been on to many cases with children lately, so please let there be a good outcome this time.

This is more or less what Raul's sister is thinking. She says there is always a bunch of kids out and no one has ever tried before as far as she knows.

Very rural.
daa8dd180405a172e7ded7d0998a8fb1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screenshot 2018-01-26 at 7.16.39 PM.jpg
from here

At that age, I imagine, I would head over from that pond to these woods, to wait things out, maybe. But Raul's scent didn't seem to go on anywhere from the pond that three K9 teams went to.

View attachment 129304
from here

At that age, I imagine, I would head over from that pond to these woods, to wait things out, maybe. But Raul's scent didn't seem to go on anywhere from the pond that three K9 teams went to.

Which reminds me, whatever happened to the barn in the woods, more than 3 miles away, where dogs followed his scent on the first day? Then suddenly a pond was mentioned, much nearer to home, and now it's all about the pond or ponds.

( gosh I'm new here and don't want to sound like the bad guy but )

If I owned that pond, I'd want a warrant also..That's just using good sense and making sure all legalities were in proper order. I also know what land can look like after a search has been conducted and it isn't pretty or cheap to clean up after the fact or return to its" presearched "state. I agree, he is likely tired of those children being allowed to wander on to his property and wishes SS had been more vigilant the many times this family has already been under investigation.
As emotional as we all are about this situation the reality of it is the parent/guardians are responsible for the welfare of the child , not the neighbors or landowners near by.
. As for the " cookie lady" I sense no malice from her, in fact she is a far better person than I am as there is no way that anyone else's child would come daily to my door for cookies or candy. I simply wouldn't answer the door.. This child or any other neighborhood child is not her responciblity to watch daily as to where they wander and when. With that said---
I know we all feel highly emotional and are upset by this child being missing and want nothing more than for him to be brought home safely.

The dogs are awesome, but not infallible.
I’d check all reasonable possibilities.
I’d also ask certain people to volunteer for polys.

Which reminds me, whatever happened to the barn in the woods, more than 3 miles away, where dogs followed his scent on the first day? Then suddenly a pond was mentioned, much nearer to home, and now it's all about the pond or ponds.

I was wondering the very same thing. First, the dogs reportedly tracked his scent to the barn and then lost it. Now, the dogs tracked him to the pond. :thinking:

Realize this might not be well-received, but is it possible that there were legal reasons for the land owner not wanting the pond drained? Or perhaps financial? If he volunteered for it to be drained, would the city/county then be free of being financially responsible for refilling it? I know having water brought in to quickly fill a mid-sized pool can be quite expensive.
Did they have to obtain a warrant to have the dive teams search it or drag it? If not, it's probably less likely that he is hiding something. Perhaps he's unsympathetic to the situation and that is sad, perhaps he has something to hide (maybe it drains in a way that isn't up to code or is against some city regulation?) Or perhaps he is sympathetic to the situation but doesn't want to be forcibly financially responsible in aiding the search? Who knows...

That's exactly what I thought, too. He probably was concerned about refilling it. That would cost a lot.
I would let them drain my pond, but I am not him.
I don't think he's hiding anything, jmo.

http://www.wral.com/-our-focus-is-t...ng-in-search-for-missing-4-year-old/17291880/
'Our focus is to find Raul': FBI now assisting in search for missing 4-year-old
Posted 12:55 p.m. today
Updated 23 minutes ago
Brian Mims reports at 55 hours in, pumps have arrived at the pond, so will be drained tomorrow, and the search continues until Sunday so far, with more SAR arriving throughout. A possible impression that there may be more that LE didn't get into.

Local Search and Rescue teams join search for missing 4-year-old
http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/...and-to-help-search-for-4-year-old-missing-boy

http://abc11.com/fbi-now-heading-search-for-missing-4-year-old-scotland-county-boy/2991181/
Ms. Norwood reports tankers arriving to drain the irrigation pond and
that the FBI asks for tips and for neighbors to review their cameras
for tips if anyone has any information

Search for NC boy now in Day 3: ‘We have found very few clues to help locate him’
News & Observer
38 min ago

Jason Kaplan, a supervisory special agent with the FBI, said Friday afternoon. “Because we don’t know where Raul is right now, we’re pushing to pursue every possible lead, and we need the public’s help in finding him.”

The dogs that followed his scent to the barn, might also have identified a person who walked there with him, and to extrapolate, police might have a good idea who took him away from there. They must have good reason to drain the pond.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HazardPay
Back