NC NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to information about the Lumber River, fwiw:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumber_River

(*O/T, also reminded somewhat of Amy Ahonen's case. Her car was found parked/abandoned, her remains found much later in the river/creek spread out over 2 counties. Her case remains unsolved. Some think she parked her car there to hike and fell in, I'm not so sure. Either way, with the proximity of the Lumber River...)

Did they get on the highway?

I can't get past a feeling that a "youthful offender" who had dealings with her stepmom is behind this. I realize her Dad's in law enforcement too, but I keep thinking it might be a younger perp who is a little bit off the radar...not completely off the radar, but maybe someone who has folks thinking "he or she has been turning their life around and wouldn't do this." She might stop to help a young person who didn't look threatening and then was surprised...

So many youths we see involved in awful crimes these days, often 17-22 year olds, often neighbors...

About the ping information, (the location depicted on the map above), the reporter stated it was one of the last pings received from Sara's cellphone. I wonder if "one of the last pings" indicates it wasn't the last ping or if I'm being too analytical.

Do we know where her car was parked when she got in it to leave for work (driveway, street, garage...)?
(Eta: asking this for 2 reasons: possible tampering of the vehicle, and also jumping off Han's post mentioning the aspect if someone might have been in her vehicle when she pulled out)

I think they must know more than they're letting on. Was her purse/keys/stuff in the car or were they not found? Was anything missing from her room, including shoes or clothes? Did she keep cash on her? Is there activity on her bank accounts now, or do they even know her banking info? Not only do I feel like there's so little to go on, I feel like it's almost purposeful. Maybe because her stepmom is a detective and dad is in LE, they feel they don't really need to release details?

I get that same bad feeling about this case, though, for what it's worth. It just doesn't feel right. No one to see anything on the rural roads, no surveillance... it seems almost meticulously planned for location.

http://www.homefacts.com/offenders/North-Carolina/Robeson-County/Fairmont.html

Here is the sex offender registry for Sara's town (Fairmont, NC). Two offenders live on roads that have been mentioned here as possible roads Sara may have traveled on her way to work at Walmart -- Chicken Rd. and McDonald Rd.

Since I am unfamiliar with her area, could anyone with knowledge of it check to see if there are any offenders who live near the abandoned van location and also Sara's house. TIA.

I have said this before, but I wonder if she stopped anywhere before work regularly... A Starbucks or somewhere to pick up her lunch (convenience store)? I do not think a subject would risk getting into the van in the driveway of the home. It would be too easy to be detected and would be very sloppy. If they had dogs, they could alert and with the family being LE, they would go out and check the grounds. The van more than likely was kept locked at night.

I wonder if there is a traffic light close to the home, if making a left she would have to wait for it even if no traffic, and.....at that hour the roads are probably dead. Or....possibly in the parking lot at work. Our Walmart has surveillance but not in certain areas of the lot, so I am guessing its potentially the same at hers.

Because of the hour of day, I cannot help but feel this was not random. But I also am not convinced that this is someone out for revenge on one or both of her parents. However it could be someone linked to their job. I do not believe she is taking a break or that she took off. I believe something nefarious happened.

I would love to know who she lived with in Texas, perhaps a grandparent? I understand that you expect her to be up on the evils of the world due to her LE parents. But.....I worked different facets of LE for many years, my boys have a different mindset because they grew up with me, because we lose our ability to trust and we see the worst side of human nature on a daily basis. However, if a young person came to my house, yes a little might rub off in six months, but nothing like those that grew up their whole lives exposed to me. (hope this makes sense) I just don't feel she was probably as keen on the dangers as many are thinking. I look at her and see a quiet, introverted, maybe even a bit naive young lady. I just get the feeling she has a very gentle soul. I pray she was not groomed or lured by a sicko....IMHO

Since we know one of her last pinged locations, I checked into the three closest towers to her location to see how far they were apart. Jenkins Rd isn't listed on the map, however, it certainly appears to be the central point between the three towers. Towers 1263641, 1253672 and 1239487 would be the points of the triangle.

There are larger FCC registered towers a bit further away. Still, a portion of Jenkins Rd is within the central area of the FCC towers. And although it's not pointed out in the map, what I noticed is her home is also within the central point of the FCC triangulation. Based on tower locations, unless LE provides another ping on the other side of Highway 41, it appears her phone (at least while on) likely did not cross HWY 41 or at least not by much. If I have time I will try to pinpoint Jenkins Rd, her home and draw the triangles later. But FWIW, here's the map.

CDCap.PNG <----CLICK TO ENLARGE

I have said this before, but I wonder if she stopped anywhere before work regularly... A Starbucks or somewhere to pick up her lunch (convenience store)? I do not think a subject would risk getting into the van in the driveway of the home. It would be too easy to be detected and would be very sloppy. If they had dogs, they could alert and with the family being LE, they would go out and check the grounds. The van more than likely was kept locked at night.

I wonder if there is a traffic light close to the home, if making a left she would have to wait for it even if no traffic, and.....at that hour the roads are probably dead. Or....possibly in the parking lot at work. Our Walmart has surveillance but not in certain areas of the lot, so I am guessing its potentially the same at hers.

Because of the hour of day, I cannot help but feel this was not random. But I also am not convinced that this is someone out for revenge on one or both of her parents. However it could be someone linked to their job. I do not believe she is taking a break or that she took off. I believe something nefarious happened.

I would love to know who she lived with in Texas, perhaps a grandparent? I understand that you expect her to be up on the evils of the world due to her LE parents. But.....I worked different facets of LE for many years, my boys have a different mindset because they grew up with me, because we lose our ability to trust and we see the worst side of human nature on a daily basis. However, if a young person came to my house, yes a little might rub off in six months, but nothing like those that grew up their whole lives exposed to me. (hope this makes sense) I just don't feel she was probably as keen on the dangers as many are thinking. I look at her and see a quiet, introverted, maybe even a bit naive young lady. I just get the feeling she has a very gentle soul. I pray she was not groomed or lured by a sicko....IMHO

From my sleuthing , it appears she lived in Texas with her bio mom and bio brother, it appears her bio mom retired from the military and her brother joined the army maybe last year. Her b mom moved to Ca and her brother is stationed in Germany , that is when I believe Sara moved to NC. Also appears that her bio family has 0 communication with nc family or fb interaction with the fb page for sara. All that leads me to believe Sara is safe, cant explain any more why I feel like that. I hope I am SO SO right. Besides that I live in an area very similar to the nc location and I can tell you an 18 year old girl would not want to spend much time there. I think 6 months would probably be the limit, if you know what I mean.

I keep playing a scenario of the last moment someone was in that van. I'm trying to envision scenarios to explain why someone locks the door. It seems to me, locked vehicle doors typically indicate a driver had willingly exited a vehicle with a destination in mind. . . not only that, but who locks a door of a vehicle they aren't concerned with.
So who was the driver?

It was mentioned she was last seen wearing her Walmart vest. How usual is it that Walmart employees put their vests on prior to leaving home? I don't know that I've ever seen a Walmart employee wearing their vest off of Walmart property. It seems it would be uncomfortable to wear in a vehicle or at least hard to prevent it from being wrinkled sitting down to drive. I don't know, maybe it was normal for her to do, but it struck me as odd for whatever reason.

I really hope Sara took off. I hope she planned this out down to wearing her Walmart uniform to convince her dad and stepmom nothing was amiss that morning. There had to have been a bit more pressure she felt living under the roof of her dad and stepmother (due to their jobs). What do you do if you want out of a situation, but at the same time, you don't want to disappoint anyone? Just disappear? But, if Sara took off on her own, then who did she meet or where did she go when she exited her van? Someone else knows something. I find it hard to believe she walked down the road in the freezing cold if she had not arranged for someone to pick her up.

Alternatively, if something bad happened to her, I don't think it was a random perp and I'm not getting the feeling of vengeance from someone who had dealings with her dad or stepmother.
I believe this is exactly what happened , only without your question marks, just satatements. I hope and pray I am right, but that is what I have believed after hours and hours of sleuthing. My opinion only.

I think they must know more than they're letting on. Was her purse/keys/stuff in the car or were they not found? Was anything missing from her room, including shoes or clothes? Did she keep cash on her? Is there activity on her bank accounts now, or do they even know her banking info? Not only do I feel like there's so little to go on, I feel like it's almost purposeful. Maybe because her stepmom is a detective and dad is in LE, they feel they don't really need to release details?

The most I've heard about items in the van is they found it empty:

Deputies received a call about a suspicious vehicle at about noon, and found the Chevrolet Astro that Graham had been driving empty in a field on McDonald Road near Chicken Road

http://luweb.htl.dc.publicus.com/news/news/151689630/Search-on-for-teenager

I know I've seen that the keys were taken; I don't have a source for that right now. I've seen no information about her bank account or anything that may or may not be missing from her room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces