NC NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe I'm stating this correctly when I say this about Sara's route to work. She took Centerville Church Rd., North Northwest all the way to McDonald Road. Normally she would have turned right at McDonald Road. The van was found West Southwest of Centerville Church Road in a field parked next to a tree line. The driver may have exited the vehicle into the tree line. Apparently someone turned left where Sara would have turned right. (I edited the wording of the previous sentence because I have no idea who turned left at that intersection. If you happen to see the wording "Sarah turned left where she should have turned right" in any articles you read please notify me, thank you.

There is very little along that route. There are a few houses, rarely grouped together, with fields between. Sometimes the view of the road is blocked by trees growing along the fence line. I don't believe there are any businesses. I'm not entirely sure of the route she took; for some reason they haven't clearly stated it but I do believe she took Centerville Church road for quite a while until reaching McDonald Road (about 5 miles.)

SBHack --

The map is wonderful! I'm hoping and praying that they find Sara soon.

Honestly I have a really scared feeling in my heart. It is almost like a feeling of dread, like the one I had in AHs case. I really really hope I'm wrong, but this is actually one of those cases where I'm scared to know and afraid to learn the truth. Jmo

I keep playing a scenario of the last moment someone was in that van. I'm trying to envision scenarios to explain why someone locks the door. It seems to me, locked vehicle doors typically indicate a driver had willingly exited a vehicle with a destination in mind. . . not only that, but who locks a door of a vehicle they aren't concerned with.
So who was the driver?

It was mentioned she was last seen wearing her Walmart vest. How usual is it that Walmart employees put their vests on prior to leaving home? I don't know that I've ever seen a Walmart employee wearing their vest off of Walmart property. It seems it would be uncomfortable to wear in a vehicle or at least hard to prevent it from being wrinkled sitting down to drive. I don't know, maybe it was normal for her to do, but it struck me as odd for whatever reason.

I really hope Sara took off. I hope she planned this out down to wearing her Walmart uniform to convince her dad and stepmom nothing was amiss that morning. There had to have been a bit more pressure she felt living under the roof of her dad and stepmother (due to their jobs). What do you do if you want out of a situation, but at the same time, you don't want to disappoint anyone? Just disappear? But, if Sara took off on her own, then who did she meet or where did she go when she exited her van? Someone else knows something. I find it hard to believe she walked down the road in the freezing cold if she had not arranged for someone to pick her up.

Alternatively, if something bad happened to her, I don't think it was a random perp and I'm not getting the feeling of vengeance from someone who had dealings with her dad or stepmother.

I see people in Walmart vests shopping in my grocery store, so I think it's just a matter of preference/convenience for each worker.

I keep playing a scenario of the last moment someone was in that van. I'm trying to envision scenarios to explain why someone locks the door. It seems to me, locked vehicle doors typically indicate a driver had willingly exited a vehicle with a destination in mind. . . not only that, but who locks a door of a vehicle they aren't concerned with.
So who was the driver?

It was mentioned she was last seen wearing her Walmart vest. How usual is it that Walmart employees put their vests on prior to leaving home? I don't know that I've ever seen a Walmart employee wearing their vest off of Walmart property. It seems it would be uncomfortable to wear in a vehicle or at least hard to prevent it from being wrinkled sitting down to drive. I don't know, maybe it was normal for her to do, but it struck me as odd for whatever reason.

I really hope Sara took off. I hope she planned this out down to wearing her Walmart uniform to convince her dad and stepmom nothing was amiss that morning. There had to have been a bit more pressure she felt living under the roof of her dad and stepmother (due to their jobs). What do you do if you want out of a situation, but at the same time, you don't want to disappoint anyone? Just disappear? But, if Sara took off on her own, then who did she meet or where did she go when she exited her van? Someone else knows something. I find it hard to believe she walked down the road in the freezing cold if she had not arranged for someone to pick her up.

Alternatively, if something bad happened to her, I don't think it was a random perp and I'm not getting the feeling of vengeance from someone who had dealings with her dad or stepmother.

It would be interesting to have a local's take on how normal it is for a hunter, hiker, or fisherman to leave a car there? I would assume such people would lock their vehicles. Leaving it unlocked may have made it easier to ID, maybe raise alarms sooner, thus locked it gave whomever walked away from that van more time, sometime prior to noon.

The spot seem to bespeak some previous understanding of how things flow in that area at that time of day. The only public place I see nearby seems to be a church, south, on the same road as the tree inlet where the van was found. Maybe people there may have noticed something?

I'm wondering if there was anything on (sticker / plate) or in the vehicle to identify the car as belonging to a law enforcement officer?

My biggest question right now is if this is an abduction, what was the point of interception? Going back to stare at the wonderful maps you guys have provided. I've been racking my brain all day trying to make sense of the timeline/point of interception; Sara's case has been bothering me all day.

Oh, one more thing before I go back to stare at the map, I wondered today if there was any chance she might have been a witness to something at work, say maybe fraud/theft or something. Iirc she was well liked at work, but was there something maybe she had reported, or was in the process of reporting? What about sexual harrassment, anything like that? (Probably reaching, I know).

Do we know what specific department she worked in? Was she a cashier? Sorry if I missed this, tia.

Eta: Also, re: the discussion of ransom upstream, IF a perp contacted her family with any demands, whether they be financial or otherwise (maybe relating to a criminal case/evidence or something like that), we the public would not know about it.

hmm last seen with a Wal Mart vest on, but what was under it? Long sleeve top/sweater??? .......but what about a jacket or coat that early in the morning??It was rather cool. hmm

Honestly I have a really scared feeling in my heart. It is almost like a feeling of dread, like the one I had in AHs case. I really really hope I'm wrong, but this is actually one of those cases where I'm scared to know and afraid to learn the truth. Jmo

Yeah, I know what you mean. I feel kind of the way I felt the night they found Jessica Ridgeway.

My biggest question right now is if this is an abduction, what was the point of interception? Going back to stare at the wonderful maps you guys have provided. I've been racking my brain all day trying to make sense of the timeline/point of interception; Sara's case has been bothering me all day.

The location of the ping and the car in opposite directions from the house makes me think it was quite near the house.

(This difference between making a left or right reminds me of Terrilynn Monnette's case. LE said she made a left (or right, I don't remember which one) on Marconi Dr iirc, when in fact that turned out not to be the case. This made a huge impact on the case bc TES missed her when they searched bc they took that information as being solid and based their search on that information. I'll never forget what Tim Miller said about missing her on the search, something along the lines of that if you are off by an inch, you might as well off by a mile.)

What about a woman? Do you think she might stop then?

This is defintiely something I seem to be seeing more and more these days (or at least my attention is brought to it now since being a member at WS). Joelle Lockwood, the Amish girls, Noelle Paquette, (Beverly Carter?), Heather Elvis...I just saw a horrific thread last night about a trucker who saved a woman (thank goodness) who was being forced to prostitute by this couple...they did terrible things to her, unspeakable...they had seemingly "normal" facebook pages, kids, pets...while men usually seem to be the ones to commit sexually motivated abductions, one can definitely not rule out women imo. At least as an accomplice. Jmo

Another thought: in other cases where a woman was abducted while enroute via vehicle, how were they intercepted? Some good ideas have already been mentioned (police impersonator/flashing lights, etc), but what are some specific cases on how they were able to intercept someone in a vehicle...I know the RT 29 Stalking cases/perhaps also RAT, might have tried to get the person to pull over by saying/perhaps gesturing that something was wrong with her car...

Any details on the car seat's position?

I'm wondering if there's some stuff we just don't know, as far as what, if any evidence has been found....In Jessica Ridgeway's case there was sooooo much we didn't learn until court....(for instance, what was in her backpack and many other things you don't want to know if you don't know already, trust me).

Yeah, I know what you mean. I feel kind of the way I felt the night they found Jessica Ridgeway.

I'm getting a JR vibe too....Silence of the Lambs has even crossed my mind :(...gosh, pleeeeaaaase let it be that my hinky meter is broken. Please let it be that this young lady took off voluntarily and is safe. Maybe she was depressed and nobody knew...argh, this is making me crazy. Jmo

That would be cool if they could utilize cell phone detecting dogs like in Alexis Murphy's case....in abduction cases, how often is the cellphone found with/near the body? It seems in many of the cases I remember, the cellphone is found separately (Tim Bosma, iirc)...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkravetsky