NC NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it dark when they left? I can't remember, I'll try to go find it. But as far as revenge goes, if it was dark out -- she was driving a model of vehicle that most wouldn't suspect a teen to drive as she left his house. She looks SO much like her dad; their facial features (cheeks, nose) are very similar. Maybe the perp thought she was her dad after just seeing the vehicle and maybe a silhouette of the face in the dark, maybe the perp wasn't after Sara to begin with.

I don't know why I kept thinking the vehicle was further off the road but apparently it wasn't but some feet....I had had the impression someone had to hike out of a field/woods...
"About noon, Sealey said, a caller reported a suspicious vehicle in a field off McDonald Road. The Chevrolet van was parked several feet off the road and the doors were locked, he said."

snipped
http://m.fayobserver.com/news/crime...4e0-9d3e-5537-a589-9db87fd6cb1c.html?mode=jqm

If it was that close to the road, then neighboring persons driving by possibly noted it as being out of place/had concerns it was abandoned or something, so that is why it was called in??

If this is the case, sounds like another vehicle could have been following the van....or did she stop because she saw someone else stopped there....
assuming she was with the van at the point it was left there.
So strange, where could this young lady be?? One would think considering her age, she chose to come to NC and not go with mother to California ( i think mom must have retired military, reason for move?) I see no reason for her to have to plot an 'escape'...

Why is the ping in the opposite direction of where the car was placed, with their residence in between? Could that say anything about an abduction scenario?

Might she have broken down on the way, and someone stopped to help her with not so good intentions? Maybe he was able to get her car started...but that doesn't quite mike sense....maybe the perp pulled a RT 29 Stalker maneuver, got her to pull over somehow?

I keep coming back to more than one perp?

Why is the ping in the opposite direction of where the car was placed, with their residence in between? Could that say anything about an abduction scenario?

Yes...can you link the ping info? Sorry, still trying to get caught up here!!!

This is similar to Jessica Ridgeway's case...her backpack placed in an opposite direction as a "red herring".

The following is complete speculation.

Sara hadn't lived with her Dad for long. I am not sure exactly what the reasoning was for her move to NC and whose choice it was, but it seems that if she had wanted to leave she could have just said so. Not only is she eighteen-years-old and has completed high school, but it is not like she has grown up and lived in her fathers home her whole life (perhaps she has lived with him in the past, but more recently they lived many states apart). It seems like it wouldn't be the most earth-shattering thing in the world if Sara had said "I'm not happy here. I tried it, and NC isn't for me. I am going to go back to TX or maybe trying living with Mom in CA. Or go live with a friend elsewhere." Of course it's possible there is some reason I'm not aware of that would have made Sara feel like she couldn't say this to her Dad. I just don't get the runaway vibe from this really. Of course, I hope I am wrong because I hate to think someone harmed her or took her against her will.

Was it dark when they left? I can't remember, I'll try to go find it. But as far as revenge goes, if it was dark out -- she was driving a model of vehicle that most wouldn't suspect a teen to drive as she left his house. She looks SO much like her dad; their facial features (cheeks, nose) are very similar. Maybe the perp thought she was her dad after just seeing the vehicle and maybe a silhouette of the face in the dark, maybe the perp wasn't after Sara to begin with.

Good thoughts. I'm sure an LE officer could have many potential people who might want revenge, but I'm wondering if there might have been anyone in particular, perhaps recently, who threw out any threats to her step mom or dad?

Thank you for the maps. Could she have possibly stopped off for breakfast somewhere?

What convenience stores (gas/food) and restaurants (fast food) would be along her route?

The van may have been reported thinking it was hunters on private land. Down here that's often what a vehicle means in rural isolated areas.

In Heather Graham's case, LG/JLM was very familiar with the areas where he dumped MH's and HG's bodies, IIRC (FindHG please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)...

Was this area randomly picked to dump her car (like how ARS randomly picked spots), or is this an area the perp is familiar with, perhaps through his work?

Or subdued near her house, possibly locked up somewhere? The car, having been called in by whomever, I guess after a matter of time may have made it seem more suspicious. So, how long could her car have been parked there, possibly? I see one residence close by. Any locals on thread?

Doesn't seem like chance, at that hour? I imagine there may be some sec cam and interview information from where she worked if somebody were casing her routine or her Dad's, from other places for that matter, that is if there are any ties at all? New face in town, didn't know too many people or their pasts, hope she's okay and home soon.

So, no luck it seems with any traffic cams, assuming LE has investigated these, which I would think they would...
That is always a tough task; I don't think I can think of a single case where there has been a break due to a traffic cam...I'm sure there has been one, I just can't think of it right now.

Ok, remember in Jessica Heeringa's case, the minivan spotted on 2 store surveillance cams (nothng ever came of that footage, JH is still missing)...

I would think LE has pursued all investigative techniques (surveillance, pings, etc) that we can mention here, especially with her dad being LE.

It appears she has vanished...not a trace anywhere? She has been gone quite a while now.

In Hannah Graham's case, LG/JLM was very familiar with the areas where he dumped MH's and HG's bodies, IIRC (FindHG please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)...

Was this area randomly picked to dump her car (like how ARS randomly picked spots), or is this an area the perp is familiar with, perhaps through his work?

Completely, yes, in Hannah Graham's case. Sorry to be slow on the source for the ping info, according to PJFL's maps

(It seems NC is known for the Brown Mountain Abductions? Some sort of Alien / Indian folklore...)

A little more information:

Sara's parents left for work when Sara left. Her stepmother is a juvenile detective in the Sheriff's Office

About noon a caller reported a suspicious vehicle in a field off McDonald Road.The Chevrolet van was parked several feet off the road and the doors were locked.

Searches of the girl's computer and phone records have not turned up any leads. Graham's phone has been turned off and hasn't been found.

Yikes, car found about noon. That is not good. I'm reminded of child abductions where bad things happen fairly quickly, almost immediately. Jmo

Wow, Thank you for clarifying, I misread. So where ever she is she has her purse/ID with her, keys, phone....and they/she took the time to lock up the vehicle, and yet leaves it in a field or several feet off the side of the road. (depending on which news report you read). Does anyone know if she had a boyfriend? Girlfriend? love interest?

Where are her belongings? Often these are thrown out the window, often found a long the roadside, jmo.
(Or in another direction/area as a red herring)

Sheds, barns, bridge? (Kathlynn Shepard)

State Parks?

Just a gut feeling but I feel she is nearby on farming land, alive and held against her will. Probably someone had seen her driving to work and planned this out. I too find it odd that the van was reported 5 hours later which makes me feel that it was only reported when another member of the local farm nearby came home and discovered it. I wonder if there are any sex offenders or young sexual deviants in the area. I just feel she is still alive and near where her car was found. Can't explain why. Moo

Eta: there are two sex offenders not far down the rd from where her vehicle was found. One of them is to the west of the location on east McDonald and another further south from where the van was found on south chicken rd. I do not have a good feeling about this. Both men have violations against minors, granted she is 18, she still looks very young.

Often in msm reports / LE reports RSOs are mentioned, that they have been checked out and cleared. Have we heard anything like this yet?

Yes, and she is reported to have talked to a friend from Texas that night who said she seemed fine. Her parents thought she was fine when they all left for work the next morning at roughly the same time.

Did they actually see her pull out in the vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1