NC NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty far off from Burke County and I don't think the decomposition process would have gotten that far. It's just starting to warm up around here and she has only been missing, what, about 2 months now? I do hope some sign of her is found soon though. And that the skull is identified and goes back home quickly. Anything is possible though...

I hope it is not Sara -- I doubt it is. But one of the articles did say the skull is thought to have been from a death within "a matter of weeks". Not saying male or female yet. They've found some other bones as well, scattered, I believe -- they think scavengers (specifically coyotes) are in the picture.

Police find human bones during grid search near Lake James

...Investigators have not discovered any evidence of foul play.

“We’re treating it like it could be anything,” Whisenant said.

The Burke County medical examiner estimates the person died a matter of weeks ago, the sheriff added. Investigators don’t yet know the age of the person, or if the skull belonged to a man or a woman....

more at: http://www.morganton.com/news/polic...cle_148024bc-cce1-11e4-b8e8-3378c7c7812a.html

According to the sheriffs department Facebook, Robeson County is having problems with some rumors concerning Sara's disappearance. They are reassuring the public that they are still searching despite rumors that Sara has been found. Not true they say. Also, there have been rumors that someone has been detained or questioned relative to the disappearance. Also not true according to the Sheriff.

This is actually pretty tame stuff compared to some of the things I've heard around here. Sounds like it may be a good county to live in. A few rumors will normally make the rounds.

Still that does not mean that Sara will never be found as Alexwood said a few comments back. That was what I was trying to do; point out how absolute the speech was, not to be snappy. We can become so skeptical that we fail to believe in anything.

Yes, you're absolutely correct about that and I totally agree with you. When there's no evidence, it's easy to fall into the trap of thinking one's speculation is the only possibility.

This is a situation that came up early in the disappearance where a network news reporter said that one of the last pings on Sara's phone occurred at Jenkins Rd. and there was a search at that site early on. Jenkins Road lies in the opposite direction that Sara would be traveling along Centerville Church Road. Here is a map: View attachment 71334

Since this is not along Sara's route to work why would Sara be traveling this way except that there is a sex offender whose addresses is listed on Jenkins Road I believe. It would be simple enough to take the phone over there and I guess leave it there or remove the battery and leave the implication that that is where Sara was abducted. The phone becomes like a little beacon drawing them to the site. Sorta like offering two abduction stories for the price of one.

Anyway Kdg411 found this video report, it is working, and the reporter does say that it is one of the last known pings. She does not report that it occurred during the night and after all the entire time we're talking about here is night time because Sarah didn't even leave until 630 so here's the video: http://www.twcnews.com/nc/triangle-...ntinue-to-search-for-missing-18-year-old.html

03-05-2015, 12:14 PM #996 Skully, Registered User, Join Date: Oct 2008

-----Brought forward for discussion-----​

I noticed that the phone's last ping was located SE of the home and the van was N of the home, which is odd. It is like they had to back track and the phone's ping, is not in the direction of her work. That is also where they searched for her, where the phone last pinged. If feels like someone wanted to really mislead them as to where to search. Could the phone have been used to get that ping recorded if you will, and then shut off? Perhaps the phone was even tossed out in that direction.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...beson-County-4-February-2015-car-found/page40

Yes, I noticed these things but I don't think any of this was at night. Unless they release the time of the ping, I think this was all happening in the a.m. That is why I think it was planned and she is off somewhere. I don't know if she is with a good or bad person, but I think she wanted to leave.

Why do you think she would want her phone to ping at Jenkins Road if what she wanted was to go off somewhere? It seems more like a diversion away from a crime scene to me.

Why do you think she would want her phone to ping at Jenkins Road if what she wanted was to go off somewhere? It seems more like a diversion away from a crime scene to me.

Why does there have to be a crime scene? If she was meeting someone with the intent of just taking off, she may have decided to meet on Jenkins Road, therefore; not taking her normal route to work. Maybe she called them or they called or texted her to see if she was there and this was the last time she used her phone before powering it down. If they had a car or van, she could have followed them to the field, dropped off the car and locked it, and got on the freeway and left. This doesn't mean the person she was with is evil or a killer, but we don't know, if we don't know who she may have hooked up with. It is just a theory, because the van wasn't reported as a crime scene. It could be, and LE are not saying, but with what we do know, I am leaning towards a good outcome for this young lady.

I wouldn't take any le statement at this time or any other until they can 100% confirm them as factual.

We don't know if she even had any friends In NC..? Only friends we know that is actually factual is the friend she was in communication with in Texas. Its not a good point of theory to me, to say she ran with off friends, without any hint facts(points).. Why hook up with friends 6am in the morning in the middle of no where, also phone off.? Did she work the day before?

All meetings are dealt with in advance communication.. If her phone was off all hours of the night before of this said meeting with friends. That's 100% strange. If her phone is off at work as well, that's common and holds some type of truth merits. They can check those logs to see these things.. Because we know workplace rules don't people to be on the phone, unless on break.. This would make this whole meeting a verbal oral spoken one or a internet one by greater chance %?

To be honest with you, I just don't see it.

Le statement is based on what fact?? what theory? All her friends are in Texas from a factual standpoint, unless we are wrong about that aspect. Her fb is the only clue in that area also phone logs, meeting someone 6am in the morning and going to work don't mix well. Kind of like a salt and honey.

Perplexing case that I'm just now reading about. Do we know what employee dress code is at that Walmart? I know at ours they all seem to wear khaki or black pants with white tops. That would help in at least getting an idea of what she may have last been wearing.

Also, I would think that if she left on her own accord she would have had taken items with her, like makeup, clothes, shoes. Was anything like that reported to have been gone? (Not that that would be obvious to anyone, I cleaned out a huge amount of clothes from my closet and my husband didn't even notice, however, my best friend did).

With it being in a field I would think that disturbances in the area would be obvious, unless it was recently cut. Do we know that info and did I just miss it?

Why does there have to be a crime scene? If she was meeting someone with the intent of just taking off, she may have decided to meet on Jenkins Road, therefore; not taking her normal route to work. Maybe she called them or they called or texted her to see if she was there and this was the last time she used her phone before powering it down. If they had a car or van, she could have followed them to the field, dropped off the car and locked it, and got on the freeway and left. This doesn't mean the person she was with is evil or a killer, but we don't know, if we don't know who she may have hooked up with. It is just a theory, because the van wasn't reported as a crime scene. It could be, and LE are not saying, but with what we do know, I am leaning towards a good outcome for this young lady.

I don't know if this affects your opinion but LE would know whether her phone pinged or if her phone was used for a call or text. And they would know to whom the call or text was made. They've long ago accessed the phone records.

Perplexing case that I'm just now reading about. Do we know what employee dress code is at that Walmart? I know at ours they all seem to wear khaki or black pants with white tops. That would help in at least getting an idea of what she may have last been wearing.

Also, I would think that if she left on her own accord she would have had taken items with her, like makeup, clothes, shoes. Was anything like that reported to have been gone? (Not that that would be obvious to anyone, I cleaned out a huge amount of clothes from my closet and my husband didn't even notice, however, my best friend did).

With it being in a field I would think that disturbances in the area would be obvious, unless it was recently cut. Do we know that info and did I just miss it?

I was told this by a co-worker: "We must wear khakkis and blue polos."

Every time I see the headline ACTIVE SEARCH in red letters I get a little excited.
For nothing.

I don't know if this affects your opinion but LE would know whether her phone pinged or if her phone was used for a call or text. And they would know to whom the call or text was made. They've long ago accessed the phone records.

they are not saying the time of the ping or the nature of the ping. They know, they are not telling the media. If a person was using a track phone or a prepaid phone to text or call Sara, would LE know who that person was? She either used the phone that morning or she or her phone were at or near that location for it to ping and it had to have power, as in the battery was in and charged. She could have wanted to meet on Jenkins road and then took off. It is possible.

I believe somewhere here we've already covered phone pings, someone here mentioned that there's very few towers, her phone could have been used from her house and pinged off that tower. It's the same where I live, one tower about 4 miles away, if I'm home my phone pings off that tower, if Im at piggly wigglys 4 mile from the tower yet 8 miles from home , my phone still pings off that same lowly tower. MY opinion and some facts.

I believe somewhere here we've already covered phone pings, someone here mentioned that there's very few towers, her phone could have been used from her house and pinged off that tower. It's the same where I live, one tower about 4 miles away, if I'm home my phone pings off that tower, if Im at piggly wigglys 4 mile from the tower yet 8 miles from home , my phone still pings off that same lowly tower. MY opinion and some facts.
You check to see which tower your phone pings off?

You check to see which tower your phone pings off?

When you live where I live,and there's only 1 tower within so many miles, my phone has no choice but to hit that one tower, and if I'm too far from the next,then that means no service, which is very common in an area like Saras, and mine, as I've said we live in very similar areas in the same State. Make sense?

It makes sense but I've never heard of the number of towers being that low. You would get spotty service no more towers and than that.

It makes sense but I've never heard of the number of towers being that low. You would get spotty service no more towers and than that.
Well, welcome to the farmlands of NC, there's one stretch of road close to my house, that for about 6 miles I cannot call my home, no service. I NEVER travel the roads I know that I cannot get help if needed, once the sun starts going down. If I was to breakdown I would have to walk for miles before I came to a residence and then take my chance of it maybe being a meth lab, SCARY, HUH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member