NC NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why they choose to search there, if this is the tower that she would ping from if still at home. I believe they searched there for a reason. No searches reported around the home, but one where the van was found.

My opinion, they searched there because someone probably said,"her phone pinged there, so you should search there" I don't think anyone really knew where to search,especially since the first day, it was mentioned there appeared to be no signs of foul play, and then how long was it till the public search happened, days? looks to me like some sort of appeasement for the community, also, where are bulletins for the community to be aware of a "kidnapper" on the loose? or a dangerous person? Makes no sense :(

I don't think LE is convinced a crime was committed.

IDK I don't think LE had the recourses or the time to check this out the way it should be done, and that is why the FBI were called in; also he is and the stepmom are LE, so it was a priority given. I also don't think it was a revenge crime, because they would want him to know that she was dead or hurt and if they killed her, they would make sure he knew or the stepmom knew. JMO I know some will say that it is worse not knowing and they didn't want to risk evidence, but I think they would have made it known to send a message. So that leaves two, possibly 3 theories.

1 she ran away
2 SO or random crime
3 Someone who she knew very well

With what has been released, I am going with 1.

I have been loosely following...was it ever discovered, and indicated, after the fact, that she took any personal possessions with her? Possibly placing said items in vehicle the prior evening? Anything else of hers missing....
it has concerned me that no mention was made of a jacket or coat missing....if memory serves it was cool?? And that darn vest...who WEARS it to work......
tia

IDK I don't think LE had the recourses or the time to check this out the way it should be done, and that is why the FBI were called in; also he is and the stepmom are LE, so it was a priority given. I also don't think it was a revenge crime, because they would want him to know that she was dead or hurt and if they killed her, they would make sure he knew or the stepmom knew. JMO I know some will say that it is worse not knowing and they didn't want to risk evidence, but I think they would have made it known to send a message. So that leaves two, possibly 3 theories.

1 she ran away
2 SO or random crime
3 Someone who she knew very well

With what has been released, I am going with 1.

I'm not sure we can rule out 4. Self harm. I don't see anything to indicate that was on her mind, but I don't see anything to rule it out either.

There's also 5. Left willingly but ran into a bad situation she couldn't get out of.

I'm thinking, showtime, that since Sara worked at Walmart that she had a bag of tricks in the car that she had been adding to all along--if she planned on leaving.

I'm not sure we can rule out 4. Self harm. I don't see anything to indicate that was on her mind, but I don't see anything to rule it out either.

There's also 5. Left willingly but ran into a bad situation she couldn't get out of.

I thought about 4 , but it's hard to hide your own body so well LE can't find it. But I guess it could be done if you could walk to the nearest lake or whatever.

Skully- trees? UP, too many eyes down looking not up
But no indication she had serious issues though is there? that would make those that know her think she went that direction??

what's odd is she is legally an adult.......why not just say, yo, I am blowing this popsicle stand, thanks for everything, see ya...the drama seems entirely unnecessary. 18 yr olds leave home all the time, granted they at most have a quasi plan even if not well thought out.

Did we ever hear the last independent sighting? Was she at work the previous day?? Is there a timeline of event s leadng up to that fateful morning?

Good point.
Sara is an adult and could blow that pop stand at any time.

I thought about 4 , but it's hard to hide your own body so well LE can't find it. But I guess it could be done if you could walk to the nearest lake or whatever.

I agree, but it does happen. In those marshy areas, a body could lie unnoticed for quite a while. Not that I think that's what happened...

Good comments, carbuff -- Knowing what we know (a few grains, nothing more), we can't rule out 4 or 5.

And sreshowtime asked some good questions, which are certainly known to her family in Fairmont and to LE, but they're not telling.

Yep, this is a tuff one to Sleuth out.

Fairmont -- I've been there -- I grew up about 15--20 miles from there -- is a small town -- the population was 2,663 at the 2010 census -- a number of small farms and some businesses. I feel sure the LE office there has got to be small. It's not a town known for crime or other types of disturbances. Other than the three local schools (elem, middle, high), a few law and doctor's offices, pastors, accountants, retailers and the like, it doesn't offer much opportunity for young high school or college graduates. Other towns, offering a bit more for entertainment or employment, aren't far away, but the county is poor, economically speaking. Most young adults (HS- or college-age), if they are able, or not in a family farm or other family business, leave and seek work elsewhere.

borndem said:
Most young adults (HS- or college-age), if they are able, or not in a family farm or other family business, leave and seek work elsewhere.

Well, that makes Sara a really rare bird doesn't it? She came rather than leave like most. She is relatively liberal as most young people are today. Quite different from the average local I would think. And she isn't well-connected in the area. She hardly knows her family there.

Aren't all of those risk factors?

JMO
All I'm really saying with my comment about risk is I've fussed over this case like a mother hen and I don't believe I would have wanted my chick going so far away to such an alien place at such a young age. Maybe there is no risk it all; my mistake. Just MOO.

It's a real kerpuffle, yes? I guess there are places we can't really go to, huh?
AS far as Sara, the person...what has been said about her? What are her likes and dislikes? Does she have a favorite band or singer? What about her hobbies? Does she enjoy any out door stuff, or like reading, cooking?
Was she anticipating going to college in NC? ( I had thought well maybe she is working while waiting to establish residency to get In state tuition, unless NC offer that to divorced residents children-some states do)
Wonder what she wants to be when she 'grows' up...and were people supporting her in that dream...
do we know if she spent any time previously in NC, during spring or summer breaks?? Did she have any history in the area prior to coming, I assume, in what, the last 6 months?

More good questions.

Indeed, what do we know about Sara? Shy, outgoing, did she leave a boyfriend or girlfriend behind, or did she just have a break-up & needed to get away? Is there a profession that she wants to pursue? Teaching, LE, doctor, mother, dancer, artist, law?

I think the fact she is 18, and there is no signs of a struggle or bloody crime scene, LE and FBI can only do so much. Unless they think she is with someone who is a danger to her, really what can they do? I think this also makes media coverage look at this as not "news worthy", it is not exciting to read about or air. No one is pleading on the TV or giving up facts about her, things she likes to do, possible places she could be, or people she could have contacted. JMO All we know is she liked some sort of "swap meet". Could she have met someone there? Someone who had the same interests? Anyway I hope she is found safe and not hurt in any way.

JMO

I don't think LE is convinced a crime was committed.

I wonder what it would take to convince LE that a crime was committed? They may not understand what happened but someone drove that van into the middle of that wheat field. The doors were locked and the keys were missing, there was no one inside the van, but there was no evidence anyone had left the area. That is a very suspicious circumstance. It was suspicious enough they began an intense search on foot in the immediate area. They found nothing of evidentiary value and that is even more suspicious.

We have heard law-enforcement say from day six I believe, during a search on foot, that it was as if Sara had just vanished. They searched far and wide but they could find nothing. Finally Sheriff Sealy expressed their hope and prayers that Sara had left with friends and failed to tell any one. I guess to leave would not be a crime, but what he seems to be saying is they hope no crime has been committed although the circumstances are very suspicious.

How do you investigate a crime when you can find no evidence of a crime, only a van sitting empty and locked in a wheat field? That's why I said several days ago I hope Robeson County Sheriffs Department is being assisted by profilers who would understand the nature of a criminal who would create this type of drama.

I have to believe LE knows a crime was committed and that an incredibly devious criminal committed it, someone who wanted the scene to suggest there had been no crime. A catch me if you can sort of scenario if you will. I just hope LE has the type of assistance that might lead them to that person and that Sara is unharmed.

JMO

In a way this case mirrors that of Patricia Cabrera, except with no vehicle recovery and a school age child left behind...no word from LE since Christmas.

In a way this case mirrors that of Patricia Cabrera, except with no vehicle recovery and a school age child left behind...no word from LE since Christmas.
As to the total disappearance the cases are remarkably similar. Both have vanished without a trace. I'm glad to see Patricia's case is being discussed as an abduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1