NC NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Robeson County Sheriff put a long message about Sara on FB today. They aren't giving up searching, but the step mother has been terminated because of a 'personnel matter'.

From the Facebook article:
Former Deputy Connie Graham has been terminated from her employment as a deputy sheriff as of March 19, 2015. Her termination is a personnel matter.

Yes, her termination would be a personnel matter. Wondering if they mean personal?

Usually when an agency says it's a personnel matter, they mean it's covered by state personnel laws that require them to keep the details confidential.

Connie Graham was terminated (fired) effective March 18.

He would not say whether Graham's dismissal is linked to the disappearance of 18-year-old Sara Nicole Graham, the daughter of Deputy Hubert Graham, a detective in the Juvenile Division.

Sheriff Kenneth Sealey also declined to comment about the investigation into Sara's disappearance. The Federal Bureau of Investigation is working with the Sheriff's Office on the case.

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/cri...cle_9cbbbcda-64fc-5a92-8e58-f8986623ed44.html

So do you think she is terminated from working the S.O. or just from her position as a Detective? If she has been with the S.O. since 1991, I find it odd that they would terminate especially in light of all their family is going through. Usually protocol is to ask someone to resign so it does not tarnish their record for any future LE endeavors.... I need to think on this for a bit.... IMHO

From the Facebook article:
Former Deputy Connie Graham has been terminated from her employment as a deputy sheriff as of March 19, 2015. Her termination is a personnel matter.

Yes, her termination would be a personnel matter. Wondering if they mean personal?

Unless this is being reported erroneously, personnel and personal are not interchangeable. My opinion is you would not be terminated for a "personal" matter….rather take a leave of absence, resign or retire. Termination is brought by the employer and a public official being terminated is harsh. In our neck of the woods, public workers are placed on leave, usually paid, pending an investigation/hearing on the issue.

So do you think she is terminated from working the S.O. or just from her position as a Detective? If she has been with the S.O. since 1991, I find it odd that they would terminate especially in light of all their family is going through. Usually protocol is to ask someone to resign so it does not tarnish their record for any future LE endeavors.... I need to think on this for a bit.... IMHO
I don't think it's odd that she was terminated from the sheriff's office if something was found during the investigation that was unbecoming to the department. RCSD is still recovering from the scandal years ago.

IMO they are all Unions…takes a lot to terminate without being placed on administrative leave pending a hearing. Just a hunch that its not being reported accurately. MOO as always.

Fired/termination is serious. Usually it's resignation, early retirement, or the like when a person has made a mistake but is genuinely sorry when it comes to local government. Being fired suggests that this was no small error, to me.

I know the thoughts I have on this would put me on time out so I will only say this: I'm not on a fence.

I am not sure how it is elsewhere, but ....in Colorado, you can be "let go" for any reason...You are there at the will of the Sheriff.... But after that many years in the S.O. it had to be serious ... And you are correct usually a person is placed on Administrative Leave until the investigation is complete. Perhaps this did not warrant an investigation...IMHO

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robeson-County-Sheriff-Kenneth-Sealey/233954479787

From the Sheriff's FB:

I believe the above was sloppy reporting from WMBF:
“Her termination in a personal matter,” Sheriff Kenneth Sealey stated in a news release.

Regardless of whether it's an at will or union position, I'm surprised her termination was announced in such a public way. The cause had to be pretty big since she'd been there 23-24 years. IMO.

Wow is right. Though I'd be lying if I said I was surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1