NC NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the facebook confusion... I'm not sure what happened, but I checked when someone posted that the facebook page has been taken down.

"Finding Sara Graham" has been taken down.
"Find Sara Nicole Graham" is up.

However, you must send a friend request to read most of the messages. It's not a public page except for a few things. I am assuming there is more shown if you're friends with her because you can't see much as a public person (non-friend). I don't know for sure because I'm not a friend of the page.

I'm confused about the van. Originally, it was said that van was locked and nothing suspicious about it. Now it's being said that the back hatch was open? I think it's scary that publicly sharing details could be harmful to the case. Was the van hatch one of those details they originally chose to not share with the public? What difference would something like that make? I don't understand.

In the beginning the report was made of a suspicious vehicle. Later we heard there was nothing suspicious around the vehicle and there were no signs of a struggle. We also heard the van was locked.

Assumptions were made the vehicle was suspicious because it was parked in a field. But now we have the learned the back hatch of the van was open. Maybe that is why the vehicle was reported as suspicious in the first place.

There's something about accepting new and apparently contradictory information on April 1. Have we discovered something new or is this an April Fools joke in which we are the intended victims?

hardly think any responsible press would play an April Fool's joke in the case of a missing person. No room here for jokes.

hardly think any responsible press would play an April Fool's joke in the case of a missing person. No room here for jokes.

That's so true!

And yet there are times in which this case has been very confusing to say the least. A van that was described as locked (and the keys taken) but oops the back gate is open is sort of a conundrum.

In the beginning the report was made of a suspicious vehicle. Later we heard there was nothing suspicious around the vehicle and there were no signs of a struggle. We also heard the van was locked.

Assumptions were made the vehicle was suspicious because it was parked in a field. But now we have the learned the back hatch of the van was open. Maybe that is why the vehicle was reported as suspicious in the first place.

There's something about accepting new and apparently contradictory information on April 1. Have we discovered something new or is this an April Fools joke in which we are the intended victims?

Some may have made assumptions that the vehicle was suspicious because it was parked in a field, but not all. I distinctly remember Not assuming that because it made no sense to me. Just because things are reported or relayed as a certain way does not make them so. It also does not NECESSARILY mean anyone is being sneaky or worse. A lot of times it's being sloppy. Or having reasons we are not aware of yet. Not saying that is right or ideal, just saying its reality. And sometimes being successful means being able to deftly maneuver within this reality versus getting stuck.

Some may have made assumptions that the vehicle was suspicious because it was parked in a field, but not all. I distinctly remember Not assuming that because it made no sense to me. Just because things are reported or relayed as a certain way does not make them so. It also does not NECESSARILY mean anyone is being sneaky or worse. A lot of times it's being sloppy. Or having reasons we are not aware of yet. Not saying that is right or ideal, just saying its reality. And sometimes being successful means being able to deftly maneuver within this reality versus getting stuck.
In your view does the vehicle become suspicious if it was parked there with the back hatch open? Could it be that's why the van was reported more so than where the van was parked?

Let me just add that for me the vehicle would seem suspicious if the back hatch were open, far more so than wherever the vehicle was parked if everything was all locked up.

In your view does the vehicle become suspicious if it was parked there with the back hatch open? Could it be that's why the van was reported more so than where the van was parked?

Let me just add that for me the vehicle would seem suspicious if the back hatch were open, far more so than wherever the vehicle was parked if everything was all locked up.

Actually neither of these scenarios in and of themselves makes me think one is more suspicious than the other. I can think of reasons why both could raise questions. What I find MOST suspicious is that the vehicle had not been sitting there for more than a few hours at most before someone calls it in as suspicious.

In light of the continuing complaints that I'm handing out clunker Facebook links I sent that link by text to a friend today. To my surprise they were NOT able to access Sara's Facebook account using that link.

I know that I am not a friend on Sara's friend list. In fact I checked today just to be sure I hadn't somehow magically been added and I'm not on the friend list.

So I'm at a complete loss how to explain to you how the link works for me. Complete. I'm sorry it's been a source of confusion for some of you. No more Facebook links for me.

I wonder why the FBI got involved in this? I'm thinking they must suspect something more then her just wandering off on her own. I don't know.

FBI has a number of units whose function is to provide specialized resources to local LE on request. This can be anything from evidence collection to computer or cell phone forensics to document analysis.

It sounds like more than that, but it wouldn't have to be more than just consulting about the cell phone.

FBI has a number of units whose function is to provide specialized resources to local LE on request. This can be anything from evidence collection to computer or cell phone forensics to document analysis.

It sounds like more than that, but it wouldn't have to be more than just consulting about the cell phone.
At first I thought their involvement was due to the belief that she had traveled beyond state lines. However, now given the timing of their involvement I'm more inclined to believe the local SD had them come in to ensure things were dealt with in a "professional" manner.

Also..Happy Birthday Sara... I hope that you are soon found safe somewhere.

I hope you are being sarcastic with your last sentence..... LE doesn't joke in these cases.

The only way the hatch is left open is when it's used and I refer back to my earlier post that this is an abduction, there is no doubt in my mind.

Maybe whoever locked the van used the lock switch on the door council and the back door didn't lock because of a week or bad lock motor, and the van key didn't fit the back hatch door.

I had to two dodge vehicles that did that , and I had no backdoor key for ether. One a jeep and the other a caravan.

Also on my caravan, the doors would lock automaticly after reaching a certain speed

I could be wrong, but I thought the hatch was actually a jar or open in the back. The only way that the doors would be locked and the back open is to use the hatch but not close it all the way and then maybe use the remote to lock the doors. Maybe they didn't know the back was open, maybe it was pulled down but not closed all the way. I have a Caravan too, so IDK. Who locks doors and leaves the back open unless it is a mistake. I think maybe there was stuff inside the back and no one realized it was there. Well at least that is what I am hoping, that she packed some stuff and no one looked in the back of the van that morning. Other wise, it looks bleak for her.

It is also completely possible that it was staged to appear "like" an abduction or runaway situation.

It is also completely possible that it was staged to appear "like" an abduction or runaway situation.

I know, but both parents have alibis, and if she was killed in the home there would be some evidence of a murder inside the home. I know they are LE, and if anyone could cover up a crime they would be able to do that, but you can't erase some evidence, it shows up. You also have to get up to possibly three people to cover it up. So that leaves something outside the home happening. Like we have. What does that show? A setup? Someone hired or was lurking to get her. There are still a lot of problems with that. You have to get her to stop for one, the van is clean, no witness to the kidnapping. It just feels like she took off with someone and for what ever reason, hasn't made contact.

You know, the only way I would stop my van or car is if it was LE and I trusted them. She was on a lonely road, but she had a mom and dad that worked for LE, so if someone posed as a cop, would she stop?

I know, but both parents have alibis, and if she was killed in the home there would be some evidence of a murder inside the home. I know they are LE, and if anyone could cover up a crime they would be able to do that, but you can't erase some evidence, it shows up. You also have to get up to possibly three people to cover it up. So that leaves something outside the home happening. Like we have. What does that show? A setup? Someone hired or was lurking to get her. There are still a lot of problems with that. You have to get her to stop for one, the van is clean, no witness to the kidnapping. It just feels like she took off with someone and for what ever reason, hasn't made contact.

You know, the only way I would stop my van or car is if it was LE and I trusted them. She was on a lonely road, but she had a mom and dad that worked for LE, so if someone posed as a cop, would she stop?
So possible. So possible.

Still, in my head I can't let go that we actually don't know what went on the entire night before. We don't know who lived in the home, or who may have come visiting after Sara's phone call. There could have been a family friend, neighbor, or even relative there. After Rebecca Watt's case and finding out her step brother harmed her, nothing will surprise me. Also, we don't know if they found evidence in the home, or around the home (such as being chased outside) becuase LE has been very tight-lipped. Conversely, depending on where they parked the van the night before, someone most definitley could have been waiting in lay. We have zero information on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper