NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you willing send your child to a lower station in life? Would your parents have? I don't think they would.

Well, I never have looked at money or social status when looking at quality of life. I guess that's why I'm not following you here.

Even taking the hearsay away. I have a hard time with the man because his daughter had a loving stable home, friends, school, with his sister and he up and gives her to a woman that is living in a sewer because after 5 years SHE WANTS to be a mother, he didn't check her out, he didn't give his daughter a say in this because I am sure she would not want to go live there and he just takes her from the sister that has been loving her. Who was he thinking about here? Not his daughter!!

He sent her from his 150k home with his BMW to a filthy trailer and under no court order to do so. Why isnt that neglect?

Actually, they said his house was $240K house in an upscale neighborhood & the trailer on Sleepy Hollow Drive was degraded and in a crime & drug ridden neighborhood.

Most of this is hearsay.
Ok, so the # of kids he has may be a fact.
What about the rest. Do we KNOW this to be true, or are we assuming it's true because somebody said it?

Well...since you seem to want truth..

here it is...look at the pictures of his house, his "bmw"...the pictures of Shaynia in his home

then look at Sleepy Hollow....

would you take your kids over there?? would you let them stay overnight with a new friend...don't even check out the family etc??

how about the felons staying there...how do 4 adults and 3 kids sleep in a 12 x 40 2 bedroom trailer?? Not to mention the druggies running in and out...many cars back and forth

want more truth?? Dad says she was a one night stand....how did he meet her?? She is involved in drugs and (low level) crack ho prostitution

There some truth for you...I don't even know about the "cigarette burns">> my mind doesn't want to go there..

I don't care about the past wife, other kids....I am talking about taking a little girl into that horror den and leaving her there

self serving BS to say "give the mother a chance"

and...want more facts?? His initial self serving "she had a job for 6 months and a place of her own and I wanted to give her a chance" is so full of it

she had a lover for 2 years, a felon, HIV positive/borderline aids....did he know about that?? AD is pregnant to him

she was just evicted last summer...and the trailer is not in her name...she was not approved....so much for "checking facts"

6 months on the job?? try since August...and then only part time

If anyone walked in that "home" and saw all those adults, kids, the drugs, the booze....yuck

those are facts...you might not like them..they might disturb your goal of "supporting" this "poor man"

sorry...my sympathy goes to a little girl robbed of her life and her world

3 people said they saw ciggy burns: the father-in-law (father of the murdered wife), the very good friend of Brad's who is now taking care of Cheyenne and Cheyenne herself. No way he didn't see them. Well, maybe, because he is always out of town and has other people raise his kids. IMO!

he said that she had exema and thats what the spots were...not cig burns

i dont know much about exema...but i know its all red and blotchy right?

eta, im slow and this has already been covered! but from the pics above they look similar

TOTALLY all just my opinion on who the woman is that created that incident report. The poster stated it was his sister's home...which is also possible, but she's 49 nd he's 29....it *could* also be his mother.

Or honestly for all I know for sure, it could just be a coincidence with the same last name? Sorry I'm not much help!

Are you talking about me stating it was his sister's home? I don't think it was his sister's home, I personally think it's his mother's...always have since I looked up his name on USA People Search and saw her connected to him...The age gap would suggest mother.

Yeah, but I personally thought it was his mother...not sister. I was wrong about the computer. ElizaAvalon let me know about the model # that I failed to look up. I feel so stupid for not checking on that. Sorry for the confusion again. I'm just so tied up in this that I'm not even thinking straight, literally, it's affected me at home...cried for 3 days now. Again, sorry for the confusion everyone.

Trying to send you a hug and can't find the hug smiley and if I look too long I will be three pages behind. Please stop beating yourself up - all of this is moving extremely fast and emotions are running very high. Hugs -still can't find the huggy smiley - this situation is emotionally draining.

I think the Father was blind to what was going on, who knows, He never in his life I imagine, would have thought his baby girl would die at the hands of her own mother, but then again look at The Anthonys, they lost Caylee, at the hands of her own mother, they ignored the warning signs also

Ok, point taken.
But, how much of what we are discussing is fact??? just saying
Where are the facts to back up he didn't make and effort?

Just because something is in a media report does not make it true. When someone is interviewed, how do you know they are speaking the truth.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...where are the official documnets backing up all this stuff these people are saying.

Until I see it, I will not judge this man.

At this point, everything is speculation as to his neglect or lack of parenting.

His own admitted actions and words and presentation convince me, Kimberly. :eek: Many of us have cited them for days, even before all these later reports from his friends and family came out.

The latest reports only reinforce our conviction that he put other things ahead of the safety of his child. It all fits.

And his friends and family telling us what they knew and that they warned him isn't hearsay, but evidence. What Shaniya told them is hearsay, but as I said earlier today, even without the cigarette burns, it was wrong to send her there, because it was an unacceptable risk.

Parents should never get the message from anyone who advocates for children that behavior that puts them at such blatant risk is excusable, imo. It puts other children at risk.

Failure to identify and point out that that situation was a clear "don't go there" sort of place is like failing to tell a child that snakes shouldn't be played with.

:twocents:

Well...since you seem to want truth..

here it is...look at the pictures of his house, his "bmw"...the pictures of Shaynia in his home

then look at Sleepy Hollow....

would you take your kids over there?? would you let them stay overnight with a new friend...don't even check out the family etc??

how about the felons staying there...how do 4 adults and 3 kids sleep in a 12 x 40 2 bedroom trailer?? Not to mention the druggies running in and out...many cars back and forth

want more truth?? Dad says she was a one night stand....how did he meet her?? She is involved in drugs and (low level) crack ho prostitution

There some truth for you...I don't even know about the "cigarette burns">> my mind doesn't want to go there..

I don't care about the past wife, other kids....I am talking about taking a little girl into that horror den and leaving her there

self serving BS to say "give the mother a chance"

and...want more facts?? His initial self serving "she had a job for 6 months and a place of her own and I wanted to give her a chance" is so full of it

she had a lover for 2 years, a felon, HIV positive/borderline aids....did he know about that?? AD is pregnant to him

she was just evicted last summer...and the trailer is not in her name...she was not approved....so much for "checking facts"

6 months on the job?? try since August...and then only part time

If anyone walked in that "home" and saw all those adults, kids, the drugs, the booze....yuck

those are facts...you might not like them..they might disturb your goal of "supporting" this "poor man"

sorry...my sympathy goes to a little girl robbed of her life and her world

Sorry, looking really close. Can not find many proven facts in here.
I do see some facts that we know now, but did dad know them at the time??

I do not have a goal to "support" this "poor man"

I have a goal of not blameing people w/out proof.

Hearsay? I have seen the videos of the father-in-law, the daughter and the friend talking about this. I also saw the very sad video of the aunt, who played a huge role in Shaniya's life, speak. She did not want Shaniya to go to the momster's. I believe all of them. I was very sympathetic for the dad at the beginning, but I just think there are too many people close to him talking about him basically passing off the responsibilty of all of his children.

he worked out of state for weeks at a time - his family helped care for his kids

I don't see anything wrong or abnormal with that

however, that combined with some other factors that we don't know about yet may change my mind

the thing that bothers me most is that all these people are coming out of the woodwork now to publicly lay blame at his feet when they should all (as a family unit) just grieve their loss privately & stop causing more rifts during such an emotional time

the formal complaints (if there are indeed any valid ones) can be made to be police/investigators privately but then they wouldn't get their tv spot either

Here I will interject my opinion: Good parenting has absolutely nothing to do with the value of one's home or the location/condition of one's home.

and it is not a sin to be poor, but it is a sin to be filthy as this place was!
Sewer could of been fixed! With that many men in and out......could of helped, but nope women decided to just raise 3 kids in filth!
No baths for 'anyone'? how about preparing food? ecoli bacteria?
washing clothes? bedding? SMELL......think about it..................sick!

he said that she had exema and thats what the spots were...not cig burns

i dont know much about exema...but i know its all red and blotchy right?

eta, im slow and this has already been covered! but from the pics above they look similar

My daughter gets red spots and it's itches.

I have a question.
What if the autopsy shows long term abuse? Who are we going to blame then?
Or are we going to say that it was all creature? Shaniya won't be buried yet if we get the reports relatively quick. Are we to overlook the father then, too? Or can we hold him accountable at that time?

He sent her from his 150k home with his BMW to a filthy trailer and under no court order to do so. Why isnt that neglect?

Here are snippets of a response I posted on a previous thread to a similar comment:

....We actually don't even know that the trailer was filthy on the inside - all we know of is a backed up sewage system. That could be new. I think we need to tread carefully when we start talking about one parent living in a better part of town and deserving custody b/c of that.

You can't deny a parent time with their child (or vice versa) b/c they don't have as much money or as nice of a home. ...(snipped)....

Good parents live in rundown trailers and alot of monsters live in mansions. No one knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Well, we still have 2 perps in jail. They should be the focus right now. Why did AD tell LE that Coe was the one?

Why would she name a man she had been intimately involved with?

Also, it's been reported that the feces was on the outside handle of the door.
Why wasn't there any on the inside handle?

The little girl had tons of advantages living with the dad and those advantages dissapeared when he sent her to her mother.

I understand poor, I have been all my life. My kids were raised good and are doing great.

I have a question.
What if the autopsy shows long term abuse? Who are we going to blame then?
Or are we going to say that it was all creature? Shaniya won't be buried yet if we get the reports relatively quick. Are we to overlook the father then, too? Or can we hold him accountable at that time?

I have said all along, I have questions about this father too.
But I think way too much time and attention has been spent blaming him. IMO
I don't think he had any idea of 1/2 the things that we know now.
I'm sure he is 2nd quessing everything he did.
IMO - it would be better to focus on the facts that we know now.
So far, the only facts I know are that the fricken mother killed her along with her dredlocked headed drug head friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member