NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I was more shocked by was the son's apparent attitude toward convicted felons ~ that everybody deserves a second chance

b&sbm

Ya know ng threw up in her mouth when he said that! :sick:

I bet almost everybody here felt like barfing too! :sick:

lillys said:
I've read and followed along with yall all week. I don't know how to ever post about this little one's rape and murder. I got to say I agree with southernvagirl. I get the feeling Brad turned his back on this little girl without too much thought. That's my opinion from reading about the case and watching the news clips.

songline said:
I wonder what the verdict for that is.

But his littlle sermon now is making more sense....

Was it asking God for forgivness?????
Not quoting him: but with tears infront of a crowd he said....
God bless Shaniya..............
God bless those who do not know what they are doing.

(From last thread #18) When BL is at the first vigil he said something else that's stayed w me, I've been unable to shake... He was shouting to God, "Don't give up on Shaniya!"
:waitasec:
Here every adult in her life had failed--ignored, neglected, abused, abandoned and even brutalized--this precious baby and he tells GOD not to turn His back on SHANIYA? Pray for the adults all around her that God might have mercy on their souls or whoever else, but why in the world would God give up on Shaniya! She is, along w all God's precious babies, assured a place in heaven where she already was. And I'm sorry I guess I'm not 'pure of heart' like him because if someone hurt my baby I'd have a little more righteous anger than "Let the criminal justice system sort it out..."
:confused:

"I just hope that they've taken some of this joy that she's brought down to them, and some of this hurt, and we can curb it from happening to another child. Get something in place to where the system benefits those who need help, and quit walking away from it."

Huh? Who needed help BL, and who was walking away again...?:confused:

Bradley, a contractor, says he last saw Shaniya on October 2, 2009, just before he had to leave for an out-of-town job. "When he's gone, Shaniya's with me. And on October 9, Antoinette had called me and asked me if she could visit with Shaniya," Carey says. "Shaniya loved her mother very much, and she did want to be with her."

As she had many times before, Carey says she dropped Shaniya off at her mother's house. "I gave her a kiss goodbye and I told her to be a good girl for Aunt Carey," she says. "As she ran off to her mom, she turned back and looked at me and said, 'I love you, Aunt Carey, and I'll see you later.' And that was the last time I've seen Shaniya."

So why haven't we heard about the last time BL remembers seeing his daughter? Does he? We haven't heard of a single visit, not even as much as one phone call by BL either, during the entire five weeks Shaniya spent in #ell. It's not only what BL's saying, it's what he's not saying. I don't recall hearing him recount a single story or anecdote of time they spent together. Of a single activity or precious memory together--except oddly the time she rode her scooter into his car. :(

http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/20091120-tows-shaniya-davis
:parrot:

Now with dad.. that remark he made about never suspecting AD using drugs ect.. something is telling me and I can't put my finger on it ....but i am thinking ok lets not throw AD under the bus cause she could start talking about me .. or air my dirty laundry .. I don't know why like i said .. it's just the meter went off.

There is a reason for sure. I skirted the daddy bashing during this whole thing and i still not going to bash him .. but I am telling you he has a past somewhere.
I dont get a Ratz Arse if my ex hubby was a drug user he would have never had any contact with my son.. and i would've known ....

and why was Coe watching Shaniya?????

I missed that until tonight. Where or who the heck did Brad think would be watching her while her mother worked - since she got her self together? Why was he not even concerned about that? He really did just drop her off and didn't look back. How could he be like that? Did he never bond with her or what? Maybe he is as low as the rest - but we have been buying the public image ...

I haven't heard anything at ALL about the kidnapping charges being dropped....? I believe he has all three now....kidnapping / rape / murder.

Although I do agree with you, it seems odd to me that they have him for kidnapping IF AD willingly gave Shaniya to him, which she IS charged w/ doing.

I didn't really hear that the kidnapping charge had been dropped either but from what I heard of the arrest warrant and his appearance in court today, he is being charged with first degree murder and rape of a child. There was no mention of a kidnapping charge. I could be wrong, but I can't imagine that they are charging/trying him seperately for kidnapping.

I wonder if there is any news footage out there of BL from when his wife was murdered I would like to see his demeanor then and compare it to now. I wonder if he was as camera shy then, it sure seems he has been groomed when he says this is not about AD or MM it opens it up to also say it's not about me when they ask the tough questions. I was thinking about the holier then thou stuff and it dawned on me, he is thinking if everyone sees what a god fearing man I am, no way would they put any blame on me for being so negligent.

So BL is 39 and AD is 25 that means she was 20 and he was 34 when Shaniya was conceived, um how old is his oldest child now? I know one is 21 one 17 anyone know the ages of the others?

I am still not about AD, I would really like to see the evidence the police have against her.

MM only got a slap on the hand and look at his record, man NC sure seemed to let him off the hook more then once.

According to that particular incident report, the victim was 23 years old. That's quite an age difference between them just as he and AD were, about 14 years apart. Was he actually married to this person or was she someone that he was romantically involved with? I'm sorry to ask that but I can't remember what all was posted regarding this.

Oldest son has mother's maiden name, maybe she was not married when she had him.

My understanding is that he did have dad's last name at the time of mom's death (was listed that way in the obit), but later adopted his mom's maiden name, which I assume was due to having lived with his grandparents after her death.

There was a female child (Michelle) in the obit who did not have BL's last name, but mom's maiden name, and who I surmise must have been born prior to her marriage to BL.

Those trailer pics were gross!! (post #38) Thanks Patty
Did you notice the sheets and "stuff"

IT NEVER CROSSED HIS MIND!!!! about her being on drugs.. ERRRRRr

I didn't really hear that the kidnapping charge had been dropped either but from what I heard of the arrest warrant and his appearance in court today, he is being charged with first degree murder and rape of a child. There was no mention of a kidnapping charge. I could be wrong, but I can't imagine that they are charging/trying him seperately for kidnapping.

This particular court appearance was just for charging him with the NEW charges....the kidnapping he'd ALREADY been charged w/ and in front of the judge for.

It seems to me that Cheyenne and the son did not act all that upset about Shaniya's death. I wonder if they had that much contact with her. Not that they should be weeping on TV, but they didn't seem to be that emotionally connected to her.

I missed that until tonight. Where or who the heck did Brad think would be watching her while her mother worked - since she got her self together? Why was he not even concerned about that? He really did just drop her off and didn't look back. How could he be like that? Did he never bond with her or what? Maybe he is as low as the rest - but we have been buying the public image ...

The only reason I have brought an additional woman/mother into the picture is the paint the story. I'm happy he removed from AD's home after the first year. Many men wouldn't have done that. He always had a woman living with him to take care of Shaniya along with Carey. After the FL mother left, Ty came along. She left recently which left AD to pick up the babysitter role. Brad himself says AD and Carey were taking care of Shaniya. But for whatever reason, Carey didn't see Shaniya after she dropped her off the 2nd week in October. Brad didn't do this but was careless in not investigating AD's current home environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper