NC vs. Raven Abaroa ~ the Trial 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not from the witness who is currently on the stand. Is that who you mean?
Yes - thanks. They were first speaking of e-mails plural, but then I got the impression they were speaking of a specific one?? Right?
Can you catch me up on the direct testimony, please? The highlights.

I was catching up last night. This girl was sooooo nervous! It ended when they broke for lunch. The judge had just announced that he would allow her testimony. I couldn't find any afternoon videos - was anyone able to see the rest of the witnesses? The only article I found about yesterday was about his extra marital affairs, and his financial situation from yesterday. So evidentially the financial bit was after lunch, since all AM was on the women.

There was a female in a green top, the one RA threw in the closet when Janet unexpectedly arrived home, who was on the stand being voir dired right before lunch. When they returned from lunch, they went through several witnesses in no time flat, including the lighlighted hair female. A CSI was on the stand testifying about going to a certain address to pick up a bag of evidence when all of a sudden a loud pitched noise sounded and the video reverted back to the woman in green who was on the stand before lunch. And then it went dark and nobody got any more feed from WTVD or WRAL yesterday afternoon.
I am sorry I can't remember any of the females' names but yesterday was a mess for all of us with respect to live feeds. So what is posted on WRAL's website will probably be all there is since they didn't stream any more after lunch and I don't think WTVD posts trial updates anywhere that I've ever seen.

Yes - thanks. They were first speaking of e-mails plural, but then I got the impression they were speaking of a specific one?? Right?
Can you catch me up on the direct testimony, please? The highlights.

The main thing I took from direct on the witness who is on the stand right now is that she made up her mind that she was not going to lie for Raven and at a point after the murder she realized that he had told her many lies. Her testimony has been pretty much the same as the others with respect to Janet's saying that he was mean to her, etc. The defense AGAIN asked about reading/following the case online and she said her parents told her to stop reading anything about the case because it was consuming her life so she did. I expect they were referring to WS again but didn't call it by name. This witness is so serious, emotional, as have almost all have been. Obviously, 8 years later, they are still very much affected by the murder.

There was a female in a green top, the one RA threw in the closet when Janet unexpectedly arrived home, who was on the stand being voir dired right before lunch. When they returned from lunch, they went through several witnesses in no time flat, including the lighlighted hair female. A CSI was on the stand testifying about going to a certain address to pick up a bag of evidence when all of a sudden a loud pitched noise sounded and the video reverted back to the woman in green who was on the stand before lunch. And then it went dark and nobody got any more feed from WTVD or WRAL yesterday afternoon.
I am sorry I can't remember any of the females' names but yesterday was a mess for all of us with respect to live feeds. So what is posted on WRAL's website will probably be all there is since they didn't stream any more after lunch and I don't think WTVD posts trial updates anywhere that I've ever seen.
Thanks - I couldn't get any feed at all after lunch. the "A CSI was on the stand testifying about going to a certain address to pick up a bag of evidence " sounds promising, but the article I read was after court was over, so it must not have come to anything huge.
I was here about 9:50 this AM - did I miss one whole witness, and then the direct of this gal? They are quick.

Thanks - I couldn't get any feed at all after lunch. the "A CSI was on the stand testifying about going to a certain address to pick up a bag of evidence " sounds promising, but the article I read was after court was over, so it must not have come to anything huge.
I was here about 9:50 this AM - did I miss one whole witness, and then the direct of this gal? They are quick.

I got here about the same time as you but I think a doctor was the first witness called. I missed the testimony though.
So far, the prosecution has introduced evidence but they haven't gotten into the details regarding any of it. So hopefully the bag of evidence the CSI was directed to pick up may prove to be significant when they get around to actually discussing all of the evidence.

I got here about the same time as you but I think a doctor was the first witness called. I missed the testimony though.
So far, the prosecution has introduced evidence but they haven't gotten into the details regarding any of it. So hopefully the bag of evidence the CSI was directed to pick up may prove to be significant when they get around to actually discussing all of the evidence.
Thank you for catching me up. I'm good to go now, and hoping for some good evidence to come. OHH We're back!

They are speaking of one specific thing Raven told her - it was about the pregnancy - but what was it?

Britney Romito is on the stand. She is a 5th grade teacher - met Janet and Raven at college.
Janet was her best friend.
Oh, this is going to be sad.

There is such a huge difference in the personalities of the judges we get to see during these trials. This judge, Orlando Hudson, oversaw the Michael Peterson case--those of you not in NC may know it as the Staircase Murder.
I grew so totally fond of Judge Belvin Perry in the Casey Anthony case I want to adopt him as my granddaddy. Love that man!

There is such a huge difference in the personalities of the judges we get to see during these trials. This judge, Orlando Hudson, oversaw the Michael Peterson case--those of you not in NC may know it as the Staircase Murder.
I grew so totally fond of Judge Belvin Perry in the Casey Anthony case I want to adopt him as my granddaddy. Love that man!
I was noticing the judge VERY much. Compared to Stephens of the Arias trial, there is no comparison. This judge is confident, commanding, and clear. It changes the entire atmosphere of the trial.
I too, was fond of Belvin Perry.

I was noticing the judge VERY much. Compared to Stephens of the Arias trial, there is no comparison. This judge is confident, commanding, and clear. It changes the entire atmosphere of the trial.
I too, was fond of Belvin Perry.

I made up my mind at the start of the Arias trial that I was not going to invest myself in it on a daily basis. Had no idea it was going to drag on for so long. I have kept up with the daily goings on but I'm getting antsy now waiting for the jury to return their verdict.

Didn't M Peterson get a new trial on some technicality? How did that end?
Am I remembering that his son may have lied for him?

I don't think Raven has anyone willing to lie on his behalf - what a shame. Barf

This witness is very valuable to this case!! She is an awesome advocate for Janet. Her words make Janet so real.

Didn't M Peterson get a new trial on some technicality? How did that end?
Am I remembering that his son may have lied for him?

I don't think Raven has anyone willing to lie on his behalf - what a shame. Barf

The new Michael Peterson trial is still somewhat on hold. This same judge, O. Hudson, ruled last year that since the state's star blood analysis, SBI, witness lied on the stand--not about the Peterson murder--but about his own background, etc. that a new trial was in order. However, another higher court ruled against Hudson's ruling saying that the testimony from the SBI blood analyst was true to the case and his lying about his educational/experience background didn't affect the the outcome of the trial. So I think it's up in the air last I heard. Peterson is out of jail, with a monitor, awaiting news of a new trial, or not.
I am so happy that none of these people thus far, who were also friends with Raven, have held firm in their love for Janet!

God bless Janet..........Raven looks absolutely frightening to me yesterday and today!!!

This witness is excellent. She is definitely choosing her words to the defense questions very wisely so that they can't be twisted.

I feel like I should introduce myself a bit since I just kind of jumped in there in the middle of the conversation. It seems like you all kind of know each other, but then here comes me lol.

I worked at Eurosport with both Janet and Raven. I didn’t see much of Janet, only a handful of times but I worked directly with Raven. So I have followed this case closely since her murder and have always felt that he was guilty. I am just so glad that he is finally on trial. I was beginning to think it would never happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog
Back