NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT - oh I'm bawling here..thank God all the miners are out, how wonderful for Chile!

coming out of lurkdom to kinda ask a follow up on this...

i can totally see why you say that, but then again doesnt those that have that WANT to have everyone know about them? wouldnt she be at the hospital/dr alot to show that shes sick and that shes being taken care of? instead of being locked away?

either way, me being semi local its on our news alot and im having a hard time watching it :( ...this case has just hit a nerve..

That could've been the case and then everyone showered their attention on this precious little child instead of giving her, as the suffering "mother," the sympathy and attention she wanted, and it lost its luster for her. Who knows. I wouldn't be surprised at anything else we learn in this case, sadly.

O/T--That's much sooner than they anticipated. Awesome!!! :)

Yep, first one went into the capsule at 11:55 ET last night, and last one surfaced about 21 hrs later. Very impressive! Thank God for such happy news!

Thanks for the welcomes - I have been a lurker for a while.

I live in Australia so this case has really tugged at my heartstrings. She is such an Aussie looking little kid. A real 'Weetbix' kid (the othe Aussies will get that!)

wow, poor baby.

If SM does have some sort of muncheosens tendancies I wonder if Zahra's illness is a part of what attracted her to Adam in the first place? Sort of like a pedophile will target a single mother?

My guess is, particularly after what we are hearing now, there are not only abuse issues but some serious psychological issues in the form of Baron Munchhausen's by Proxy.

I'm still shaking my head at the thought of SM feeling 'scared' during her court appearance this morning. Wowee, blown me down with a feather, how on earth does this freak of a woman think Zahra felt when she had her revolting fist in her tiny face. :banghead:

I wonder exactly the same thing -- if the big draw wasn't the guy, but his child who could garner her all sorts of attention as the poor mother of such a frail, sick little flower.

::GAG::

Doesn't make sense though, that Zahra wasn't getting any medical attention after moving here, apart from showing up for the free hearing aid thing, which was apparently at somebody else's urging. There was certainly ample opportunity to make Zahra sick, and then haul her around to doctors/hospitals where she would have garnered extra attention due to her cancer history and missing leg. But no indication anything like that ever happened.

wow, poor baby.

If SM does have some sort of muncheosens tendancies I wonder if Zahra's illness is a part of what attracted her to Adam in the first place? Sort of like a pedophile will target a single mother?

I think she is just an abusive, self serving, all around horrible person living a destructive lifestyle to anyone that had contact...but that's just my opinion.

she is something but it is not MBP
she did not trot her around and go to great effort to show the sacrifices she was making for her, she was not absorbing attention via the martyr role, she wasn't pursuing medical treatment that we can see at all

she was in public beating and torturing a one legged deaf girl

evil, sick and twisted, but i disagree with the MBP though I am sure an attorney will throw it in there with the battered spouse theory

not trying to mitigate for SM at all. Just noting that the goth page may have been more about a death/disease fascination. She had her own children in wheelchairs when they were younger telling everyone who would listen they were sick with cancer!

She is on her own social network lying about how she has rare incurable brain cancer that has returned three times.

just saying, she seems obsessed with dread diseases, cancer mainly.

I'm back here reading as fast as I can trying to catch up but when I read your post, it occurred to me that lots of druggie folks get there hands on methadone patches. I guess they literally suck on them? e/b could have had access to these.

As a nurse...I took care of a pregnant girl that was an addict. She had "killed" a previous fetus after eating several patches. These were prescription pain med patches of some sort. She had this second child....was allowed to take the baby home with her.....and a month later, we found out she overdosed on the patches and died. We couldnt believe DSS let her take the baby home with her....but hopefully now, the baby is in better hands.

My opinion only: the "ransom note" was supposed to be noticed at the time of the fire, leading to the discovery that Zahra had been "kidnapped", mistakenly instead of the employer/home owner's daughter. If Zahra was taken to the job site where the woodchipper and pond are located, I don't believe SM acted alone. MOO

Exactly, and in the article (I can go digging if needed) that was provided when I was questioning if biodad was present for the mulch fire and discovery of the ransom note....

it said that bio dad called 911 in the afternoon and said "the people who set the fire and left the ransom note took my daughter"

remember the articles we read about what people say to 911, and all the extra info they give before getting to the point?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weet-Bix (I was curious-had to look it up :) )

Brand popularity

Weet-Bix are seen in both Australia and New Zealand as an iconic national foodstuff. The product has been marketed in New Zealand & Australia using the tagline "Kiwi/Aussie Kids are Weet-Bix kids" since early in the 1960's.

The trademark for Weet-bix has been awarded Australia's favourite trade mark by IP Australia, a federal government department.[1]
[edit] Entry into vernacular

The jingle employed in Australia as of March 2006[update] contains the line "Hope you've had your Weet-Bix, all-Australian Weet-Bix, for breakfast every day!". The phrase "I hope he's had his Weet-Bix today", or similar, is established in sports commentary in Australia, enjoying a similar status to Wheaties in the United States.

Doesn't make sense though, that Zahra wasn't getting any medical attention after moving here, apart from showing up for the free hearing aid thing, which was apparently at somebody else's urging. There was certainly ample opportunity to make Zahra sick, and then haul her around to doctors/hospitals where she would have garnered extra attention due to her cancer history and missing leg. But no indication anything like that ever happened.

perhaps by then the drugs had taken over and SM became more fascinated with her own personal whipping girl?

Complete with a serious illness she could use to explain away why Zahra wasn't allowed to to this that or the other, not to mention explain any phsyical symptoms of abuse.

Thanks for the welcomes - I have been a lurker for a while.

I live in Australia so this case has really tugged at my heartstrings. She is such an Aussie looking little kid. A real 'Weetbix' kid (the othe Aussies will get that!)

Yep- she is that exactly, she should be here eating Vegemite sandwiches and drinking Milo. A real Weetbix kid for sure.

LE sometimes puts pills in that category. In NC, in my experience, it really just depends on what LE responding thinks about the situation at the time. You know?

That's true Oriah - dealers will adulterate their drugs with all kinds of cheap carp. Talcum powder etc. One of the most common adulterants found on analysis is decon Rat poison. It gives the buzz very cheap. Flour, baby powder, what ever they can get by with. moo

The sores you see on meth users are from the incessant scratching they do. They feel the sensation of bugs crawling under the skin and pick and scratch. Also, once the sore is there, the addict's immune system is usually so poor it can't heal properly. Also, the nerve endings can become damaged and give strange sensations. Meth is a terrible addiction moo mho

I wonder exactly the same thing -- if the big draw wasn't the guy, but his child who could garner her all sorts of attention as the poor mother of such a frail, sick little flower.

::GAG::

Would explain why she took her to that hearing aid thing and not the dad, and also why she was supposedly weeping with joy. Notice how people even remember that - she obviously got the effect that she wanted.

I agree, but she apparently enjoyed putting her own kids in wheelchairs and pretending they were very ill, so there was some appeal for her in that type of thing. Could be that because Zahra really WAS ill, it took more effort than she wanted to invest and she didn't get the attention from it she thought she was due.

I've no idea about MBP, just saying that her sister claims she enjoyed pretending that both she and the kids were all very sick at various times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME