ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have a link for this suspicious YouTube tribute that someone thought was related? They said the account was said to be from the NY area... I looked for it out of curiosity and found nothing.

Does ANYONE really know who is lead on this case? Is it the Moorhead LE, FBI, or BCI. Exactly who? It isn't very helpful, that no one seems to know. Whomever it may be, IMO it is a travesty that they aren't making that very well known. What does that say to you all?
If, and just if a random person had information. How would they know where to take it? I know of two people who have called LE, and let me put it this way, they might as well have been calling about a cat in a tree (please forgive the expression), considering the attitude of disinterest. Seems like an odd reaction since they have no suspects, and it is quoted in the media as being a mystery. I am not personally biased against LE, but this is affecting my confidence in this LE agency.

I'm pretty sure is it Moorhead PD. The body was in their jurisdiction and there is no evidence of a crime in Fargo so it would make sense that it would be Moorhead. Also, I think at one point Fargo PD said Moorhead was in charge. Though Fargo is still involved since he was an NDSU student.

I've been a fan of yours since before I joined this website. I love your insight And your level-handedness.

But this, jggordo? In response, I have but one question for you. If Andrew Sadek was found deceased within a few days after his disappearance, do you think we would know anything about the marijuana charges? Do you think SEMCA would have thrown it's name into the mix? I know I'm a self-proclaimed cynic of LE, but there is no way they would have aroused suspicion onto themselves.

So the whole point of the CI theory... the whole purpose of Tom working as a CI would be to keep the marijuana OUT of the courts & the newspapers. Of course it wouldn't be in the court search.

Here are fines for marijuana in ND:
Possession of less than half an ounce is a Class B misdemeanor punishable by a maximum sentence of 30 days imprisonment and a maximum fine of $1,000.*

Possession of less than half an ounce while operating a motor vehicle is a Class A misdemeanor punishable by a maximum sentence of 1 year imprisonment and a maximum fine of $1,000.*

Possession of half an ounce - 1 ounce is a Class A misdemeanor punishable by a maximum sentence of 1 year imprisonment and a maximum fine of $1,000.*

SIGNIFICANTLY more than a DUI. IF he had any paraphernalia,you can almost double these fines/punishments. Plus it gets even worse if you are operating a motor vehicle. That's A LOT different than a socially-acceptable DUI.

Again.. NO proof that he had marijuana in the car.

But.. since LE isn't talking, we are all left to speculation.

Oh,btw, not arguing in an argumentative and aggressive fashion, jggordo! Sorry if it seems that way. :-]

The punishments you are citing for possession of marijuana are the maximums. First-time offenders don't get anything close to that. You definitely don't spend a year in jail for getting caught with an eighth of an ounce of weed. It's a fine of around $300 and no jail time for a first-time offender. Maybe some counseling or classes as well.

Ok. I will give my opinion on this because I can't sleep.

1.) DUI VS. MARIJUANA.. Really? You'd take a marijuana conviction in which you'd possibly get jail time? The charges for marijuana are much steeper than a DUI. To Tom's parents? I'm guessing they are conservative Catholics who equate marijuana to serious drugs. In all honesty, a DUI is socially acceptable. Lots of people have gotten them. Besides, it's not like LE would give him a choice. He didn't have a choice to get the DUI taken off of his record. Besides, people saw him get arrested. There is no way the DUI can disappear without people wondering how/why.

2.) Why would he get a break on the DUI? Again, that would appear suspicious. He received the MINIMUM that is REQUIRED when you are arrested for AGGRAVATED DUI despite also having alcohol with him in the car -- which, technically, should make penalty worse. But he got the minimum that the judge could possibly give him.

You said: "He would never agree to be a CI unless the DUI was taken off of his record." You are implying that TB held all of the cards. Listen to that SEMCA video someone just posted.

3.) Who said he was a drug dealer? I didn't. The cops could make him a CI simply as a person wanting to buy marijuana. So.. "Lead me to a marijuana supplier and you won't be serving a year in jail."

Tom could have been attempting to do that. Who knows.. Maybe that's why he went to JW's house in the first place that night - someone he did not normally hang with but knew had connections to some suppliers.

4.) If he got killed while making a drug deal for LE, that makes LE responsible for the murder! It's my point that they (LE) aren't going to take responsibility for that. Obviously, if he was a CI that ended up being murdered, the supplier discovered he was wired & got rid of the listening devices so it's conceivable that LE lost his trail. Could be how TB wound up in Moorhead. Plus if LE was on their trail or they thought LE might be on the trail, suppliers probably know to cross the state border to make it harder to follow for jurisdictional purposes & complicate matters.

5.) Same response as #4.

Please look up the case of Rachel Hoffman.

I'm really not a cynical or skeptical person typically. I promise. But I'm saying this CI angle could be a real possibility. Drug deal gone bad? The only way that happens is if Tom is a CI. Otherwise, why would a dealer murder someone buying drugs from them? That's a potential "customer" for the future. I would guess the only people drug dealers kill are snitches. The rest are all clients or potential clients.

1. Yes, I would much rather have a drug possession on my record than a DUI. You don't face a year in jail for possession if you are a first-time offender. You wouldn't get any jail time for the first offense. The punishments you list are the maximums. Only people with multiple previous offenses recieve those punishments. For an 18 year old college student with no violent offenses on his record it would be a few hundred bucks and some drug abuse education classes.

2. He didn't get the minimum for the DUI. He got exactly what is outlined in the link I posted earlier.

3. For him to be facing any kind of serious trouble as a first-time offender he would have had to be a dealer. And for a simple possession of marijuana offense you are often not even brought into the station.

4/5. I think you've been watching too many movies. I doubt Scarface is running his business is Fargo.

There are a million ways a drug deal can go wrong. What if TB forgot his money? What if TB was wearing a hat or shirt that was the same color as the rival gang of the dealer? What if the dealer didn't like something he said? What if there was a disagreement over the price of the drugs? There are thousands of beatings/killings over drugs in the US every year and most of them have nothing to do with someone being a CI. There are so many ways for a drug deal to go bad.

I'd be more likely to believe that the dealer THOUGHT he was a CI than him ACTUALLY being a CI. You mention that this was one of the first times he was hanging out with JW is Fargo (not sure where this has been verified, but you mentioned it) and it is possible the dealer got spooked that someone new was showing up to the drug buy.

Anyone have a link for this suspicious YouTube tribute that someone thought was related? They said the account was said to be from the NY area... I looked for it out of curiosity and found nothing.

I found it on YouTube by searching Tommy Bearson Tribute.

Here is the YouTube video from SEMCA official & ND's Valley News Live. I am not sure if it was posted here before. After it was mentioned, I just listened to it again. This man said drug enforcement agencies like SEMCA are in operation all over the state and operate under the same policies.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8NhoX_d54wE

Not even sure what to think after viewing that.... I have never met Perry... but have been around Goehring and the Berg family a bit. Are you a ND local BankingOnIt?

I've played COD myself a fair amount - that tweet had nothing to do with that particular game. The game moves way too fast for someone to take the time to set down a controller and tweet something that would be useful in the game. The 'scenarios' you're put in are fast paced and over before you'd have any actionable tweet communication occurring. Now, that kind of talk happens all the time over live in-game audio. But tweeting? It's just not a viable theory.

Or are you being sarcastic?! My sarcasm meter is on the fritz.

Yes, I speak sarcasm in many languages, PP. I presume CantNotCare instilled a bit of sarcasm in her post that I added to. The gist of our posts is that we really can't take what we actually know as fact & develop any sensible theory as to what happened to TB.
What we are trying to do is put the ducks in order -- without having many eggs left as a trail to come up with theories.

Of course, the egg reference! ;)

But I really appreciate everyone's thoughts here to help seek justice for TB.

RIP TB

If you look at the first link below the chart says he should get a $750 fine and two days imprisonment for a DUI with a BAC above .16. According to the second link he blew a .18. And according to the court records he got a $750 fine and two days imprisonment. According to the court records there are also some alcohol classes he was required to attend. My point is he got exactly the punishment he was supposed to for the DUI. If he got less than that I could believe that he may have made a deal to work with police, but he didn't get any less of a punishment than outlined by the law. So there is nothing to be suspicious about.

http://www.dot.nd.gov/divisions/safety/penaltiesdrinkingdriving.htm

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/l...dsu-sartell-high-school-tom-bearson/16053665/

Bizzle....it is possible TB did get a 2 day imprisonment after I checked his SM (tweeted on the 14th, arrest on the 12th).
However, after reviewing the details of the Rachel Hoffm*n & Eric Jord*n S. Case of UMASS ... A CI scenario is still on the table for me.
We just aren't getting any updates from LE or MSM and that is concerning. Why?
I don't know.....honestly, I don't know.

Moo

I agree with you on the theory you lean hardest towards.

I don't think there is anything wrong with talking about the CI theory. I've never said it isn't possible. Just not nearly as likely as many other theories so I don't think there is a need to focus on it.

Even a regular drug user does not carry enough marijuana on them to draw a serious charge. (Obviously this is different for a dealer.) And blunts being rolled doesn't constitute dealing.

You said yourself that you are only citing the maximum penalties (and $20,000, where did you get that? The maximum for possession is much less.), but the penalties for a first-time offender are nowhere near that. Most misdemeanors carry a maximum punishments involving large fines and some jail time, but those are in place so that people who have been convicted of more serious crimes or have many misdemeanors on their records receive more punishment.

After studying for hours (SM) of many..I wouldn't bet the ranch on anything (July was a seemingly tough month, iykwim?). We just don't know if this was a first time offense. We just don't know. We don't.

RIP TB

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/l...dsu-sartell-high-school-tom-bearson/16053665/

"He failed one field sobriety test, and because of his poor balance at the time, two others were not given for safety reasons, court papers said."

When this article was first published and I read it for the first time two months ago, I recall at the time finding that particular statement as unusual. I have to wonder why the person giving that information felt that was pertinent? Isn't that the point of a sobriety test is to indicate lack of balance or inability to perform? I am curious if anyone else found that to be a strange tidbit of information to throw into the article?
I am not trying to insinuate anything. To me, it just seemed to stand out, as peculiar.

"He failed one field sobriety test, and because of his poor balance at the time, two others were not given for safety reasons, court papers said."

When this article was first published and I read it for the first time two months ago, I recall at the time finding that particular statement as unusual. I have to wonder why the person giving that information felt that was pertinent? Isn't that the point of a sobriety test is to indicate lack of balance or inability to perform? I am curious if anyone else found that to be a strange tidbit of information to throw into the article?
I am not trying to insinuate anything. To me, it just seemed to stand out, as peculiar.

....and there were some other eyebrow-raising comments I had read about that too.

I agree with you on the theory you lean hardest towards.

I don't think there is anything wrong with talking about the CI theory. I've never said it isn't possible. Just not nearly as likely as many other theories so I don't think there is a need to focus on it.

Even a regular drug user does not carry enough marijuana on them to draw a serious charge. (Obviously this is different for a dealer.) And blunts being rolled doesn't constitute dealing.

You said yourself that you are only citing the maximum penalties (and $20,000, where did you get that? The maximum for possession is much less.), but the penalties for a first-time offender are nowhere near that. Most misdemeanors carry a maximum punishments involving large fines and some jail time, but those are in place so that people who have been convicted of more serious crimes or have many misdemeanors on their records receive more punishment.
You misunderstood, I said that the drug task forces openly admit that THEY cite the maximum penalties (not I) when attempting to utilize a student as a CI. Penalties are affected by proximities to schools. The DTF agencies hold all the cards when these situations have occurred with students. They also openly admit that they haven’t had to answer to any governing body regarding their mode of operations. All I can say at this point is, if you are interested enough or curious, then watch the SEMCA interview, read articles on how they operate within many campuses, read articles on how other cases were handled and deaths occurred that weren’t solved. There have been plenty of links already provided throughout this thread. And…if you or anyone else aren’t interested, or don't wish to focus on it, well then to each his own.

You misunderstood, I said that the drug task forces openly admit that THEY cite the maximum penalties (not I) when attempting to utilize a student as a CI. Penalties are affected by proximities to schools. The DTF agencies hold all the cards when these situations have occurred with students. They also openly admit that they haven’t had to answer to any governing body regarding their mode of operations. All I can say at this point is, if you are interested enough or curious, then watch the SEMCA interview, read articles on how they operate within many campuses, read articles on how other cases were handled and deaths occurred that weren’t solved. There have been plenty of links already provided throughout this thread. And…if you or anyone else aren’t interested, well then to each his own.

What I don't appreciate is that a couple of you keep posting about these jail times and thousands of dollars in fines for a possession bust. Even if you don't say it yourself, but constantly try to cite that as the maximum penalty then at a certain point you are basically saying it without actually saying it. It's spewing false information and it's annoying. If you guys really think that's true then you need to do some research - you will find that you have no idea what you are talking about. Same goes for the "within 1000 feet of a school" thing -- for the last time, that only applies to selling drugs. Possession of drugs on school grounds is no different than possession at the mall or on a boat.

I've watched the SEMCA videos, and I would say that they really don't tell us much. Sure, it's possible SEMCA was involved. It's also possible he was trampled by a pack of a hundred elementary school girls who thought he was Justin Bieber. Just wish we could talk about some of the more realistic scenarios.

There is nothing odd about that report. Reports will often include extra details such as how unsteady the person was, odors that were present, appearance of eyes, anything the person says, etc. there have been other reports I have read that said no field sobriety tests at all were performed and they went straight to the breathalyzer

What I don't appreciate is that a couple of you keep posting about these jail times and thousands of dollars in fines for a possession bust. Even if you don't say it yourself, but constantly try to cite that as the maximum penalty then at a certain point you are basically saying it without actually saying it. It's spewing false information and it's annoying. If you guys really think that's true then you need to do some research - you will find that you have no idea what you are talking about. Same goes for the "within 1000 feet of a school" thing -- for the last time, that only applies to selling drugs. Possession of drugs on school grounds is no different than possession at the mall or on a boat.

I've watched the SEMCA videos, and I would say that they really don't tell us much. Sure, it's possible SEMCA was involved. It's also possible he was trampled by a pack of a hundred elementary school girls who thought he was Justin Bieber. Just wish we could talk about some of the more realistic scenarios.
Hey, I'm open to some of your scenarios, or anyone's for that matter. I'm ready

Can you please lead me to those?

Not to be degrading but it said they had to buckle him into the backseat of the squad car (due to sliding around) & also something about vomiting in the station but I don't know offhand what article I read that in. I remember thinking though ....that those details seemed odd to me--for them to be reported as such, iykwim.

And of course we have to wonder about July 3 & 22.

In no way do I mean to be disparaging but I believe in the power of truth & justice. If not for that, we have nothing as a society.

Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member