ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't appreciate is that a couple of you keep posting about these jail times and thousands of dollars in fines for a possession bust. Even if you don't say it yourself, but constantly try to cite that as the maximum penalty then at a certain point you are basically saying it without actually saying it. It's spewing false information and it's annoying. If you guys really think that's true then you need to do some research - you will find that you have no idea what you are talking about. Same goes for the "within 1000 feet of a school" thing -- for the last time, that only applies to selling drugs. Possession of drugs on school grounds is no different than possession at the mall or on a boat.

I've watched the SEMCA videos, and I would say that they really don't tell us much. Sure, it's possible SEMCA was involved. It's also possible he was trampled by a pack of a hundred elementary school girls who thought he was Justin Bieber. Just wish we could talk about some of the more realistic scenarios.

Personally, I have never sited any jail time or sentence so I know your post wasn't directed at me per se. But I'm curious if you have bothered to google some interesting CI cases as mentioned in other's posts (i.e. Hoffm*n & Eric Jord*n of UMASS)? You will find that CI cases gone wrong presents huge liabilities for LE & typically "silences" investigational information to the public. Family members are outraged that their loved ones were "used". The CI's were put in situations of "trumped up" charges & precarious situations that were quite dangerous.

Honestly, I am surprised that you would bring Justin Bieber into this discussion. I really am.

Enough said.

Watched it a few times..... when I get time I will look more at the ReblopTV account.
It is strange... but perhaps is it someone posting a video just to incite a reaction? What is your point?

No, I think the correct question is what is the point of that video? Someone took a while to create it...someone way over in NY....why?

And what is the stuff in Spanish that's being spoken in the beginning of the tribute video---the music muffles the seeming convo that the Spanish guy is having with someone else????

Not to be degrading but it said they had to buckle him into the backseat of the squad car (due to sliding around) & also something about vomiting in the station but I don't know offhand what article I read that in. I remember thinking though ....that those details seemed odd to me--for them to be reported as such, iykwim.

And of course we have to wonder about July 3 & 22.

In no way do I mean to be disparaging but I believe in the power of truth & justice. If not for that, we have nothing as a society.

Moo

Thank you TasteOfHoney
It's ok with me if others don't find those details as odd/over the top emphasizing. Just goes to show how opinions can differ greatly.
I thought that TB was a minor when this DUI occurred, doesn't that affect what details are able to be publicized? Please educate me on that anyone?
You made a good point earlier about the two days imprisonment for a DUI with a BAC above .16. And yes...I certainly am wondering about July 3 & 22 as well.

I very sincerely hope the cops aren't as desperate for answers and reaching as far as we are.

I'm beginning to lose faith that this will have the outcome we want.

Not to be degrading but it said they had to buckle him into the backseat of the squad car (due to sliding around) & also something about vomiting in the station but I don't know offhand what article I read that in. I remember thinking though ....that those details seemed odd to me--for them to be reported as such, iykwim.

And of course we have to wonder about July 3 & 22.

In no way do I mean to be disparaging but I believe in the power of truth & justice. If not for that, we have nothing as a society.

Moo

What happened on July 3rd and 22nd?

yeah, I have followed quite closely and am at a loss with these dates as well.

I was wondering about those dates as well. So I revisited SM accts & see some reference 7/23 from TB but nothing too specific AND I don't see anything for 7/3??? Going further back does shed some light on post high school and pre college.

I was wondering about those dates as well. So I revisited SM accts & see some reference 7/23 from TB but nothing too specific AND I don't see anything for 7/3??? Going further back does shed some light on post high school and pre college.

I don't know the significance of the dates of 7/2 and 7/23. If there is could I get a link to it? Not trying to be an *advertiser censored* but I can't find it. Also the references that Tommy got busted with his DUI within 1000 feet of the school. I have not found a link to that either. And even so it wouldn't matter, he was NOT selling drugs.

I have done a lot of research of his SM sites and those of his friends and friends of friends and so on. As far as I can tell this kid was a good kid and I never saw any "signs" from him or his friends. No pants down around their butts and so on. The bunch at the "trap". Now that's a whole other story. All in all Tommy had just gotten to the campus, and he didn't really know hardly anyone. He would not even be a good candidate to be an informant. He hadn't been there long enough to have any "connections" of any dealers or customers for that matter. Seriously what information could he POSSIBLY lead LE to?

The Andrew Sadek killing I believe connected to his involvement with SEMCA. In his case he was busted with scales IN the school dorm so they knew he was dealing and had been on campus last year as well. So he had "connections". LE wanted to get to them IMO.

I will say that if LE could find who is "dealing" alcohol to minors they will aggressively go after them. Pot really doesn't get the attention it used to. LE is finally realizing putting people in Jail for pot is clogging the penal system and occupying a lot of space needed for other criminals. And at the same time when was the last time you heard of a student getting blasted smoking pot and driving down the wrong side of the road and killing people? NOT. But how many times from drinking? MANY

JMO's

This is probably the most in-depth article I've seen:

http://www.parkrapidsenterprise.com/content/very-active-investigation-continues-bearson-slaying-0

“Officers continue to conduct interviews, follow tips and “collect items” that may or may not end up being relevant to the case, Jacobson said.”
“Other items have been sent to forensic labs for DNA checking, and investigators have been following up on “various rumors” to see if they have any validity, Jacobson said. They’re also looking into tips heard “second or thirdhand on Facebook.”
“The final autopsy results will include toxicology testing, which will determine if Bearson was intoxicated or otherwise impaired.”
“Moorhead’s police force has eight detectives, four who typically work on drug investigations, and four who work on violent crimes and property crimes.”
“He said that at one point or another, all eight of the department’s detectives have worked on the investigation.”
“Jacobson said police received “great cooperation from members of our community” who have called with information about Bearson’s “associates and interests.”
“Bearson’s family continues to be updated on the investigation, he said.”

This is probably the most in-depth article I've seen:

http://www.parkrapidsenterprise.com/content/very-active-investigation-continues-bearson-slaying-0

“Officers continue to conduct interviews, follow tips and “collect items” that may or may not end up being relevant to the case, Jacobson said.”
“Other items have been sent to forensic labs for DNA checking, and investigators have been following up on “various rumors” to see if they have any validity, Jacobson said. They’re also looking into tips heard “second or thirdhand on Facebook.”
“The final autopsy results will include toxicology testing, which will determine if Bearson was intoxicated or otherwise impaired.”
“Moorhead’s police force has eight detectives, four who typically work on drug investigations, and four who work on violent crimes and property crimes.”
“He said that at one point or another, all eight of the department’s detectives have worked on the investigation.”
“Jacobson said police received “great cooperation from members of our community” who have called with information about Bearson’s “associates and interests.”
“Bearson’s family continues to be updated on the investigation, he said.”

I hope LE looks also to Twitter & checks out the re-tweets (replies) to each tweet.

I'm glad you posted some of this very informative article, CantNotCare.

Now what progress has LE made since the article was published on October 11th??

Does anyone know???

Why are you losing faith in LE?

I did NOT say losing faith with LE. Please don't connect that dot for me! Not having any form of ACTUAL evidence to the contrary, my inclination is to give them the benefit of the doubt.

But every day that goes by with zilch nada zippo news....seems to indicate more and more there is significant difficulty in solving this.

Yep. What do you think?

If you are asking me what I think about the background conversation in the beginning... It is indeed strange.
Are you asking me if it is relevant to this case? Or just a weird tribute made to deflect attention to something else?

(I might have a bit of experience in the educational area of LE.... or perhaps I don't) ;)

A few years ago I was on a fishing trip with some friends in SD. (Most of them were LE members... and their educational background in LE ranged from Military MP's to Sherriff)
That said... our leisurely vacation was disrupted by a "Drug Bust" that occurred in our "campground". (The local LE took care of the situation professionally and efficiently) Without divulging too many details that might reveal my identity on this... I can only say that we noticed early on our choice of "campground" might have been a bad idea due to the "Native American Gang Activity" But shortly before the "bust" occurred a recent graduate pointed out to me the language our fellow "campers" were using was a sign. So if you want me to verify what I "think"? I ask... what are You thinking?

Yes... the video is strange... Are you attempting to implicate someone? Or attempting to make a point that someone who was there recorded the background conversation and posted it on youtube?

This article answers a couple of inquiries that have been posed e.g. whether ANY clues were discovered between "where he was last seen" and Reed Hall. Someone mentioned having thought they read that the search dogs found a short scent towards the railroad tracks (apparently not). Also, this article indicates NO communication after 1:32 am on 9-20-14 (what happened to snapchats?). Didn't TB's dorm-mate say he himself was out of town? It seems that no one else really noticed that TB was not around until the evening of 9-20-14, or atleast according to SM that is when it started being the biggest concern, or people started being questioned/contacted about his possible where-abouts.

http://www.thenewsleaders.net/2014/09/25/search-for-bearson-ends-tragically/

“The area where he was last seen (the 800 block of 14th St. N. in Fargo, a half mile from his dormitory) has been thoroughly searched by police and search dogs, but not a single clue has been discovered.”
“The last communication from his cell phone was to Mead at 1:32 a.m.”
“Bearson’s family notified police Sunday because they were concerned he did not show up to visit his family that day, as expected. He told the family he would “catch a ride” from Fargo and leave about noon for the trip to Sartell. By 5:30 p.m. Sunday, he had not arrived, which alarmed the family.”
“was reported missing Sept. 21 by his family”

I just took a look at the tribute video on ReBloptv. I then looked at all the videos posted by that subscriber. It appears that this person makes tribute videos for a variety of people that have lost their lives in various fashion, ie, Rob Barenos, Alice Gross to name just two. Alice Gross is a case that I recently followed on these forums as well. I viewed a couple of the videos and found a general theme in his formatting and in his music choices.The music chosen for Barenos is exactly the same as that used for TB. Leads me to believe there are no nefarious motives behind this video or the lyrics. Just think they feel they are doing something good in creating tribute videos.

I just took a look at the tribute video on ReBloptv. I then looked at all the videos posted by that subscriber. It appears that this person makes tribute videos for a variety of people that have lost their lives in various fashion, ie, Rob Barenos, Alice Gross to name just two. Alice Gross is a case that I recently followed on these forums as well. I viewed a couple of the videos and found a general theme in his formatting and in his music choices.The music chosen for Barenos is exactly the same as that used for TB. Leads me to believe there are no nefarious motives behind this video or the lyrics. Just think they feel they are doing something good in creating tribute videos.
Were both the music and the lyrics exactly the same?

If you are asking me what I think about the background conversation in the beginning... It is indeed strange.
Are you asking me if it is relevant to this case? Or just a weird tribute made to deflect attention to something else?

(I might have a bit of experience in the educational area of LE.... or perhaps I don't) ;)

A few years ago I was on a fishing trip with some friends in SD. (Most of them were LE members... and their educational background in LE ranged from Military MP's to Sherriff)
That said... our leisurely vacation was disrupted by a "Drug Bust" that occurred in our "campground". (The local LE took care of the situation professionally and efficiently) Without divulging too many details that might reveal my identity on this... I can only say that we noticed early on our choice of "campground" might have been a bad idea due to the "Native American Gang Activity" But shortly before the "bust" occurred a recent graduate pointed out to me the language our fellow "campers" were using was a sign. So if you want me to verify what I "think"? I ask... what are You thinking?

Yes... the video is strange... Are you attempting to implicate someone? Or attempting to make a point that someone who was there recorded the background conversation and posted it on youtube?
I know you weren't asking me, but...
I don't know what or if there is a significance to that video. After transcribing the lyrics, I have to say I found it really disturbing and DO NOT view it as a tribute at all. I hope someone/anyone has the qualification to learn the origin/author of it. If that person is you, that would be great too. Even if its meant as a deflection, that says a lot right there IMO.
I got the impression that Boowhoz was only asking your thoughts on it since you asked for the link to it. I'm not really sure why you think someone here is trying to implicate someone with it, or make a specific point, other than that its existence is troubling. I think its great that you asked Boowhoz in return what he/she thinks, that's fair. I guess, I just gave you my personal opinion of the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bubbles—