ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After listening to the video and following some of these other links to the other videos, I have to agree. Nothing sinister there, this is a cultural difference where this person is using their own sense of compassionate song to convey empathy to an audience.

Especially if this person is making all these other videos.

People often make tribute videos in this modern age when an event touches them emotionally. The same way they express themselves through writing a song or writing poetry. My impression is that it's simply just that.

Ok so maybe the guy makes tribute videos to sell them to the families? I don't know. Or maybe he is just a do--gooder, who knows? But I feel it was worth the efforts of the sleuthers who took the time to investigate it, right?

Any who, my 19-22 yr olds believe there was enough things that raised their eyebrows in SM (which I can't mention per TOS but I've eluded to) to raise their eyebrows. Many.

For instance, the last "lost" tweet (which has been mentioned in MSM, therefore no violation of TOS) was no COD reference, according to them. They took it literally.

Refresh my memory fellow sleuthers.....which "friend" said it was in reference to COD?
To the best of my recollection it was the ” friend” who posted here under the name Brandon14

I know you weren't asking me, but...
I don't know what or if there is a significance to that video. After transcribing the lyrics, I have to say I found it really disturbing and DO NOT view it as a tribute at all. I hope someone/anyone has the qualification to learn the origin/author of it. If that person is you, that would be great too. Even if its meant as a deflection, that says a lot right there IMO.
I got the impression that Boowhoz was only asking your thoughts on it since you asked for the link to it. I'm not really sure why you think someone here is trying to implicate someone with it, or make a specific point, other than that its existence is troubling. I think its great that you asked Boowhoz in return what he/she thinks, that's fair. I guess, I just gave you my personal opinion of the video.

I have absolutely no insight on the video. I was merely asking for your opinion. JMO. It may be identical to other tribute videos - I have to say my initial reaction was the video was not created by a close friend as all the pictures were ones that have been posted on multiple SM sites. The lyrics were not what one would expect for a jock from an outer ring burb as a memorial. To me, they reflect the life of a inner city youth gunned down for checking out a gang members girl? Did I get that right? It felt like more of a, you play with fire, you're going to get burned video.

Agreed Melodyl! Nothing there. Reviewed the tribute with my 20 & 23 kids this weekend and they agree. Conclusion: we older sleuthers quickly jump to the literal side when given information we are not familiar with. I'm told, it is actually a nice a tribute - no hidden messages.

I ran this one by my daughters, who to be honest did not know Bearson, nor did they attend high school with him. Tommy reminded me of the crowd my daughters hung out with - which is what drew me to the case initially. Asked independently of one another, they both thought the lyrics were creepy. My one daughter asked who the kid messed with. Neither thought it was a positive tribute, oddly enough, the both wanted to listen to it twice because the 'Titanic' background music was throwing them off, before they gave an opinion.

To the best of my recollection it was the ” friend” who posted here under the name Brandon14

Thank you, Mel!

Yes....it was Brandon14 who posted this on 11/13.

I wish he would come back as it seemed he had interesting insights, so to speak.

I have to admit, the initial music is nice, and the following beat is "catchy", but just for the record....I hope no one ever decides to put a video on the internet for one of my loved ones with these lyrics. JMO

You make a good point. Even if the tribute video-maker's intentions were honorable, if you don't know the person, it may not necessarily reflect who they were. It is somewhat presumptuous, I feel.

And especially improper in the case of TB whose murder is unsolved---but this "tribute" video attaches rap music with gang-banger lyrics.

The same thing could be said if someone was found dead in the East River (NYC) sporting a shark-skin suit. If a tribute was done utilizing the "Theme from the Godfather" with some Italian phrases spoken in the background, we could draw some conclusions, perhaps just subconsciously.

But we've probably hashed over this TB "tribute" enough.

Moo

Far better to turn it over to Jack's older brother Jim. Jim Beam has been my mentor and guide for many, many years now. :D

Ok, ok, IBS, here's your JB :needdrink: :needdrink: & :getwell: I'm gonna settle into my Baileys & coffee over here....:coffeews:

I ran this one by my daughters, who to be honest did not know Bearson, nor did they attend high school with him. Tommy reminded me of the crowd my daughters hung out with - which is what drew me to the case initially. Asked independently of one another, they both thought the lyrics were creepy. My one daughter asked who the kid messed with. Neither thought it was a positive tribute, oddly enough, the both wanted to listen to it twice because the 'Titanic' background music was throwing them off, before they gave an opinion.

My thoughts exactly, and same with my two sons asked independently as well. Like I said before.....wouldn't appreciate this being put on the internet as a tribute of a loved one of mine.

I have absolutely no insight on the video. I was merely asking for your opinion. JMO. It may be identical to other tribute videos - I have to say my initial reaction was the video was not created by a close friend as all the pictures were ones that have been posted on multiple SM sites. The lyrics were not what one would expect for a jock from an outer ring burb as a memorial. To me, they reflect the life of a inner city youth gunned down for checking out a gang members girl? Did I get that right? It felt like more of a, you play with fire, you're going to get burned video.

I think you have me confused perhaps Boowhoz. It was GoBison whose opinion you asked, and she responded to you the below:

"Are you asking me if it is relevant to this case? Or just a weird tribute made to deflect attention to something else?" and...
"So if you want me to verify what I "think? I ask... what are You thinking? Yes... the video is strange... Are you attempting to implicate someone? Or attempting to make a point that someone who was there recorded the background conversation and posted it on youtube?"

You weren't around, so I responded to him/her:

"I know you weren't asking me, but...
I don't know what or if there is a significance to that video. After transcribing the lyrics, I have to say I found it really disturbing and DO NOT view it as a tribute at all. I hope someone/anyone has the qualification to learn the origin/author of it. If that person is you, that would be great too. Even if its meant as a deflection, that says a lot right there IMO.
I got the impression that Boowhoz was only asking your thoughts on it since you asked for the link to it. I'm not really sure why you think someone here is trying to implicate someone with it, or make a specific point, other than that its existence is troubling. I think its great that you asked Boowhoz in return what he/she thinks, that's fair. I'm just giving you my personal opinion of the video."

You make a good point. Even if the tribute video-maker's intentions were honorable, if you don't know the person, it may not necessarily reflect who they were. It is somewhat presumptuous, I feel.

And especially improper in the case of TB whose murder is unsolved---but this "tribute" video attaches rap music with gang-banger lyrics.

The same thing could be said if someone was found dead in the East River (NYC) sporting a shark-skin suit. If a tribute was done utilizing the "Theme from the Godfather" with some Italian phrases spoken in the background, we could draw some conclusions, perhaps just subconsciously.

But we've probably hashed over this TB "tribute" enough.

Moo

When is this great novel coming out?? :winner:

This article answers a couple of inquiries that have been posed e.g. whether ANY clues were discovered between "where he was last seen" and Reed Hall. Someone mentioned having thought they read that the search dogs found a short scent towards the railroad tracks (apparently not). Also, this article indicates NO communication after 1:32 am on 9-20-14 (what happened to snapchats?). Didn't TB's dorm-mate say he himself was out of town? It seems that no one else really noticed that TB was not around until the evening of 9-20-14, or atleast according to SM that is when it started being the biggest concern, or people started being questioned/contacted about his possible where-abouts.

http://www.thenewsleaders.net/2014/09/25/search-for-bearson-ends-tragically/

“The area where he was last seen (the 800 block of 14th St. N. in Fargo, a half mile from his dormitory) has been thoroughly searched by police and search dogs, but not a single clue has been discovered.”
“The last communication from his cell phone was to Mead at 1:32 a.m.”
“Bearson’s family notified police Sunday because they were concerned he did not show up to visit his family that day, as expected. He told the family he would “catch a ride” from Fargo and leave about noon for the trip to Sartell. By 5:30 p.m. Sunday, he had not arrived, which alarmed the family.”
“was reported missing Sept. 21 by his family”

This article mentions LAST communication from TB's phone was 1:32 am. Lost tweet was supposedly at 1:23 am, and if we were to assume then that CM did call him back and that JW texted him back the address like CM requested. That leaves approximately 5 minutes or less for some snapchatting if that ended at 1:30 am (last snapchat from PF not opened). I wonder what was the last communication to Mead after that from 1:30-->1:32 am??

I suppose it could be inaccurate reporting and/or transposing of numbers.
Just seems like a lot of activity in a relatively short amount of time. Big hurry....then nothing more

R
I think you have me confused perhaps Boowhoz. It was GoBison whose opinion you asked, and she responded to you the below:

"Are you asking me if it is relevant to this case? Or just a weird tribute made to deflect attention to something else?" and...
"So if you want me to verify what I "think? I ask... what are You thinking? Yes... the video is strange... Are you attempting to implicate someone? Or attempting to make a point that someone who was there recorded the background conversation and posted it on youtube?"

You weren't around, so I responded to him/her:

"I know you weren't asking me, but...
I got the impression that Boowhoz was only asking your thoughts on it since you asked for the link to it. I'm not really sure why you think someone here is trying to implicate someone with it, or make a specific point, other than that its existence is troubling. I think its great that you asked Boowhoz in return what he/she thinks, that's fair. I'm just giving you my personal opinion of the video."

No confusion. I'm tracking with you. I think I messed up on who I was responding to. Oops. Just because I have a smart phone, it doesn't mean it has a positive impact on my posting skills.

I'm trying to remember who mentioned the possibility of TB being hit by a car?? bizzle2, who else??? Perhaps that could have been done to cover-up something that occurred first? That could account for various types of wounds.
I've noticed repeated SM tweets of various associates re: "Fight Club", what is this?

I'm trying to remember who mentioned the possibility of TB being hit by a car?? bizzle2, who else??? Perhaps that could have been done to cover-up something that occurred first? That could account for various types of wounds.
I've noticed repeated SM tweets of various associates re: "Fight Club", what is this?

Fight Club references.....hmmm???!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CantNotCare View Post

Fight Club references.....hmmm???!!!!

I did a little googling on fight clubs....There are groups/clubs on twitter that you can join known as #twitterFightClubs. My understanding is the twitter account holders try to acquire the most "likes" or "follows" in a limited amount of time.

IMO - I have a hard time believing that these kids would be posting actual fight club events - I may be wrong but given the data savvy age we are dealing with, this twitter#fightclub thingy makes sense to me?? Any other thoughts/ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by CantNotCare View Post

I did a little googling on fight clubs....There are groups/clubs on twitter that you can join known as #twitterFightClubs. My understanding is the twitter account holders try to acquire the most "likes" or "follows" in a limited amount of time.

IMO - I have a hard time believing that these kids would be posting actual fight club events - I may be wrong but given the data savvy age we are dealing with, this twitter#fightclub thingy makes sense to me?? Any other thoughts/ideas?

Yes, it seems a tad far-fetched yet what if LE had it incorrect---it wasn't (possibly) a gang initiation taken too far BUT a Fight Club situation taken too far.? Maybe fueled by whatever intoxicants & bravado?
That would surely break the boredom up, eh?

I don't know .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members