ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The well to do are the biggest users of drugs. Um, they have the MONEY to buy them.

I do not think TB would know gang signs, etc. Things that were listed in a post above. Even if he did know them in HIS home town, he sure would not know an area that he just moved to.

I cannot believe he was a CI . And a first DUI is going to cost a fortune. The increased insurance costs are astronomical. Where I live, I saw billboards that say $10,000. The $750 fine does not tell the story.

So many other costs such as the drug counseling. And alcohol is the worst drug of all.

First, rich & poor people abuse drugs. However, the method of dealing drugs or buying/selling drugs requires communication different than going to the grocery market to buy eggs. If you don't know the slang, you don't know it. It will fly over your head. There's a lot to it & I'd rather not go into detail about it but it's different than going to the local Piggly Wiggly, iykwim?

Second, no one knows if TB did drugs or was or wasn't a CI. However, his twitter bio page is up there about handshakes ("if you know the handshake, we must be bros").
We don't know the significance of that statement TB put out there. It may be nothing? Some gang members have complicated handshakes so they recognize each other---and I hope that wasn't what TB was referencing but we don't know anything for a fact. It may be in reference to his fraternity? We just don't know, human. We just don't. Yes, I've seen gang signs thrown around but you'd have to know them & quite frankly in the pics I've seen of his bunch, they may have been just silly kids goofing around. All in all & at the end of the day, we have very little to go on as sleuthers.

IMHO, this thread has deteriorated rapidly due to very, very few updates by authorities causing many of us to offer hypothesis. Some don't view speculation or hypotheses as a positive thing so this sister will be offering zilch in that realm going forward.

First, rich & poor people abuse drugs. However, the method of dealing drugs or buying/selling drugs requires communication different than going to the grocery market to buy eggs. If you don't know the slang, you don't know it. It will fly over your head. There's a lot to it & I'd rather not go into detail about it but it's different than going to the local Piggly Wiggly, iykwim?

Second, no one knows if TB did drugs or was or wasn't a CI. However, his twitter bio page is up there about handshakes ("if you know the handshake, we must be bros").
We don't know the significance of that statement TB put out there. It may be nothing? It may be in reference to his fraternity? We just don't know, human. We just don't.

IMHO, this thread has deteriorated rapidly due to very, very few updates by authorities causing many of us to offer hypothesis. Some don't view speculation or hypotheses as a positive thing so this sister will be offering zilch in that realm going forward.

Don't stop posting, Taste of Honey!

Perhaps I don't understand the purpose behind this website. If we can't (or shouldn't) speculate, what are we supposed to do here? I'm not being sarcastic. This is a genuine question.

One thing... anybody ever notice all of the "guests" always reading this thread? I am never here alone.

Yep, 2 members and 5 guests on here now. Still would like to know who's car he was driving and who got it out of impound. If it was ever retrieved out of impound. Can anyone answer that?? TIA. (Btw a lot guests for a homocide taking over 2 months to get autosopy results back. Doesn't appear to be a high priority for LE/Medical examiner but sure draws a lot of guest interest. Very interesting indeed.

Yep, 2 members and 5 guests on here now. Still would like to know who's car he was driving and who got it out of impound. If it was ever retrieved out of impound. Can anyone answer that?? TIA. (Btw a lot guests for a homocide taking over 2 months to get autosopy results back. Doesn't appear to be a high priority for LE/Medical examiner but sure draws a lot of guest interest. Very interesting indeed.
FWIW, the only reference I've seen where it might be given that this individual had a car was his friend at school (MT).This individual tweeted that TB was supposed to go home with him on the 20th but that he couldnt find him and he wasn't answering his phone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

That's what makes the DUI so interesting. You have to be driving something to be charged with. "Driving under the influence". Otherwise it would be a public intox or the like. And my kids college seems to handle all of that sort of stuff from within, by the college writing tickets. No pd involved, in the instances my kids have seen. But different college, different set up. That's why I can only assume he was driving because of the pd involvement. I suppose he could be charged with DUI for riding a bike. Again either way, something should have been impounded and awful fast and convenient to be handled in just one day. Guests, I'm betting you have more knowledge and ideas, please join and discuss. I'm stuck asking the same questions over and over. Someone's getting away with murder. And Tom deserves justice.

I thought that CM (not the CM at the trap) was busted with him for minor in possession the same night. Since Tommy did not have a vehicle at school might the car have been his? I can't remember which article it was in but I thought he was pulled over because he was driving down the wrong side of the street.
Correct me if I'm wrong. Don't know how it works there but the car was probably impounded and here if your car gets in the pokey over the weekend you can't get it till Monday. But they charge you for each day plus towing...it is not cheap.

jmo's

Ya'll want some interesting rumors being thrown about in ref to the TB case? Go here https://www.facebook.com/wdaytv (for mods its msm) and scroll to a post 9 hours from 11:52pm central. *I think we all know the level of trolling on facebook news articles but several people have mentioned it, but that's not to say it isn't the same person. *the people mentioning the rumor are a younger crowd

****To be taken with a grain of salt****Rumor being mentioned is that he was decapitated and his face beaten so badly it was unrecognizable. Someone else mentioned this as a possibility a while back However another part of me wonders why these folks would get so creative with a rumor like this. heh

*edit* Another mentioned the homicide was committed by an out of town drug dealer...

I did read the comments on their FB page. Very disturbing, and if there is at least some truth to it then it looks like TB was a CI, based on the severity of violence and the mention of a "Chicago drug dealer.". I still think the fact that TB's body was left out in the open in a place where it would be found sooner rather than later is a clue in and of itself of a bold act. A few days ago I was reading some criminology journal articles on profiling and how\where the body is found and I found support for this. Leaving the body out like that is a sign that the killer does not expect to be caught and it may also be taunting or "laughing" at LE (for lack of a better verb at this moment).

http://www.kvrr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28822&Itemid=57

Above is a link to a 9/12 report on worsening gang activity in Fargo. A person interviewed said he had a friend who was apparently walking home from work one night and was attacked by a group on men that came around a corner.

http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/19642-no-jokes-here-missing-ndsu-student/page-2

And here is a link to another forum where there is discussion that NDSU president doesn't want word to get out how bad gang activity in the area is because it could hurt enrollment (this is in reference to publicity about TB's murder).

And 2 members and 8 guests on here now. Interesting. Enough said.

I must be one of the "guests". I only log on if i have something to contribute. How many others do that? We all may be our own "guests" :thinking:

http://www.kvrr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28822&Itemid=57

Above is a link to a 9/12 report on worsening gang activity in Fargo. A person interviewed said he had a friend who was apparently walking home from work one night and was attacked by a group on men that came around a corner.

http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/19642-no-jokes-here-missing-ndsu-student/page-2

And here is a link to another forum where there is discussion that NDSU president doesn't want word to get out how bad gang activity in the area is because it could hurt enrollment (this is in reference to publicity about TB's murder).

That's what I've said from day one but got attacked by another poster saying this wasn't Detroit. Uh, yeah, not Detroit but plenty of attacks and robberies there and other craziness. No, I don't live there but have a daughter who did for 4 years and have a son who's been there going on 3 years now. I believe them over the other "poster", no matter how long he/she has lived up there. My kids are out walking and commuting at all hours of the night and have encountered some crazies. I think it was a case of him being in the wrong place at the wrong time and he mouthed back to the wrong person or they wanted his phone. Heck some punk grabbed my old iphone out of my hands on the train here a few months ago & took off like a track star with it. Didn't expect that, but sure do now. But then you have that pesky 24 hours fix it all up DUI to consider.

I am sure he doesn't. Enrollment was already down at the start of this year and I haven't seen any good publicity coming out recently about NDSU nor the ND University System-overall any press coverage of the higher education system in ND has not been good.

Just one very recent example:
http://watchdog.org/184827/survey-shows-university-system-employees-feel-bullied-intimidated/
Chief Compliance Officer Kirsten Franzen wrote “I have requested permission from you to perform investigations into issues that have arisen through open records requests, media interest, or through the Fraud,Waste, and Abuse Hotline. Many of those requests have been denied, have been reassigned or have been handled by you or the Chancellor without a formal investigation.”

Leads me to believe that the media may have a tough time getting information from the Universities in general and, perhaps, its not too farfetched to think the media is trying to get answers but to no avail?

It will be frustrating if we never get to know anything. If it wasn't a murder related to some type of relationship or prior knowledge, the public deserves to know. Drug and gang-related violence affect all of us in a community, even if we aren't personally involved in any of it.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2012/09/03/the-throwaways

^^^^^^ NEED TO READ ^^^^^

If you think the CI angle is a possibility at all (and I guess even if you don't) this article talks about the growing problem in America of young people being murdered after LE recruits them to be CI's. And...even more disturbing...what happened to one young teen male sounds eerily similar to the hearsay of what happened to TB...beaten and dragged...

I wasn't entirely sure the CI angle was what happened, but after all the reading I have done in the last week about similar cases, I am ready to bet all my eggs....

So...out of several people being at this so called "party" until 3:40 am. We only hear from one publicly that Tom was there. Why would that be? Wouldn't everyone present confirming that information make it more believable? It would to me. If one could say that, why can't they all? Only one person going out on a limb on this?
Just thinking out loud here. What are all of your thoughts on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003