NE NE - Jason Jolkowski -19 - Omaha - 13 Jun 2001 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His mother mentioned in an interview that the path would take him past the park and right to the middle school, so it's most likley this one:

I'm not from the area, but N. 48th Ave appears flat compared to N. 48th street, so I picture this slightly different route based on the terrain. It's also a little quicker. This route also takes him by the park. This is what I would have opted for on a hot day. The less hills, the better.

The question mark is for the entrance onto the high school grounds from Bedford. I originally had a question about where the actual meetup spot was in & around the campus, but then I figured it had to be the HS itself because of the direction the coworker was coming from. Though meeting him on the Bedford side would have cut a few minutes off his walk.

PossibleRte.jpg

I have been following the disappearance of Jason for quite some time. I have thought of every theory, scenario, and motive as to why or what could have happened to Jason, but I honestly believe the critical issue, in this case, was that law enforcement waited 9 days to investigate this. Yes, Jason was 19, but this is not normal behavior, and with that short of a time frame for him to disappear and no real motive for him to disappear of his own will, something is overlooked. Sure, a "thorough" investigation is said to have been done, but how thorough could it have been when 9 days have already gone by? Often, cold cases are solved by going back over the initially cleared individuals.

I have been following the disappearance of Jason for quite some time. I have thought of every theory, scenario, and motive as to why or what could have happened to Jason, but I honestly believe the critical issue, in this case, was that law enforcement waited 9 days to investigate this. Yes, Jason was 19, but this is not normal behavior, and with that short of a time frame for him to disappear and no real motive for him to disappear of his own will, something is overlooked. Sure, a "thorough" investigation is said to have been done, but how thorough could it have been when 9 days have already gone by? Often, cold cases are solved by going back over the initially cleared individuals.

Yes, given the very high probably that this was some sort of abduction and homicide the initial police response only aided the perpetrator. Kelly discussed this in the podcast; that we can't get those 10 days back. Neighbors won't remember details as vividly two weeks later as they would have two days later.

I'm moving more in the direction of Jason knowing the perpetrator. 80% of murder victims know who killed them. The only way this could be random would be for someone with paranoid delusions to be in the wrong place at he wrong time.

Yes, given the very high probably that this was some sort of abduction and homicide the initial police response only aided the perpetrator. Kelly discussed this in the podcast; that we can't get those 10 days back. Neighbors won't remember details as vividly two weeks later as they would have two days later.

I'm moving more in the direction of Jason knowing the perpetrator. 80% of murder victims know who killed them. The only way this could be random would be for someone with paranoid delusions to be in the wrong place at he wrong time.
I am not saying that it is not a possibility, but for this to be random or gang related is just too far-fetched. The area is so dense in residential homes, a random crime of opportunity I believe would have left evidence, unless for the slim chance he was abducted.

I am not saying that it is not a possibility, but for this to be random or gang related is just too far-fetched. The area is so dense in residential homes, a random crime of opportunity I believe would have left evidence, unless for the slim chance he was abducted.
Gang-related violence is very low on my list of possibilities of what happened to Jason.

Gang-related violence is very low on my list of possibilities of what happened to Jason.
Yes, I agree. I have always gone back to that for some reason. IMO his co-workers should have been investigated a little further, even though it has been stated that they were ruled out, but how thorough was that part of the investigation?

Yes, I agree. I have always gone back to that for some reason. IMO his co-workers should have been investigated a little further, even though it has been stated that they were ruled out, but how thorough was that part of the investigation?
His mother said in a podcast that everyone and anyone who knew Jason was interviewed, including his coworkers. They were interviewed multiple times. She sounded confident the employees at Fazoli's had been thoroughly vetted. She used to be active on here, but hasn't posted in a long time.

It has been posted that Jason would take long walks in the evening. What is the source of this information? How long were these walks?
For me, the source was his parents on the Montel Williams in 2004. I don't know where long walks in the evening came from, but his father said this to Montel:
"thought maybe took off no just walking because he would like to walk a lot a bit, quite a bit so we thought maybe he'd show up a little bit later..."

A quick thought on Fazoli's... if they were responsible, then they really pointed a big arrow at themselves and were then able to eventually shake the police. They were either very dumb and lucky or very skilled and lucky.

A quick thought on Fazoli's... if they were responsible, then they really pointed a big arrow at themselves and were then able to eventually shake the police. They were either very dumb and lucky or very skilled and lucky.
Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean someone who worked there? Or the establishment itself?

Agreed with it being a huge risk if they were involved. Personally I don't think they were, and not because they were supposedly cleared by LE. The plan is just so convoluted. They would have to know that:
1) Jason was available to come in early
and
2) Jason didn't have someone at home to drive him
Then there's the other questions with this plan, like why bother sending the girl to meet him at the school? Jason was willing to walk the full distance, and they could have still abducted him near his house if he did that. It would even provide a wider area in which he could have vanished. There's also the liability of getting multiple people involved in the plan. A Redditor who worked with Jason posted one time about the workplace, saying that it was mostly teens at the counter and some Spanish guys working in the back kitchen. Unless they had the Mafia working there, it doesn't seem like a staff that could make someone disappear, and then to also keep quiet about it.

IMHO, the idea that the people that JJ worked with @ the restaurant were involved in his disappearance is highly unlikely/improbable. Yes, it's not impossible. But, what would the motive be?!

IIRC, the co-worker that was going to meet JJ at the high school (in her car) was seen with cameras going into the parking lot & leaving the parking lot. JJ was never seen entering the parking lot at all. So, it seems evident that she never saw JJ after she went to pick him up - as she stated.

Last edited:
IMHO, the idea that the people that JJ worked with @ the restaurant were involved in his disappearance is highly unlikely/improbable. Yes, it's not impossible. But, what would the motive be?!

IIRC, the co-worker that was going to meet JJ at the high school (in her car) was seen with cameras going into the parking lot & leaving the parking lot. JJ was never seen entering the parking lot at all. So, it seems evident that she never saw JJ after she went to pick him up - as she stated.
IIRC, his mother said in a podcast he wasn't seen on any of the middle school cameras, either. I'm assuming that also means any facing the Bedford Ave side as well. Maybe it's just me, but on Google Maps, the middle school looks huge.

That made me thing of another problem with the Fazoli's theory.

If someone from Fazoli's was behind this, then there must have been someone at the restaurant who knew what was going on and someone in the neighborhood to do the abduction. That would be a conspiracy of two people.

Now factor in that the girl was going to be in the general area and the conspirators would have known this. That means that she could have potentially recognized someone being in the area at the time (if she knew the abductor) or even watched Jason get in the car with the abductor. They had no way of knowing that she wouldn't drive around looking for him.

Unless she was in on the conspiracy, which brings us to at least three people, then that was a huge risk. I understand his house wasn't right next to the school but that is a serious loose end if you're going to abduct someone.

Last edited:
That made me thing of another problem with the Fazoli's theory.

If someone from Fazoli's was behind this, then there must have been someone at the restaurant who knew what was going on and someone in the neighborhood to do the abduction. That would be a conspiracy of two people.

Now factor in that the girl was going to be in the general area and the conspirators would have known this. That means that she could have potentially recognized someone being in the area at the time (if she knew the abductor) or even watched Jason get in the car with the abductor. They had no way of knowing that she wouldn't drive around looking for him.

Unless she was in on the conspiracy, which brings us to at least three people, then that was a huge risk. I understand his house wasn't right next to the school but that is a serious loose end if you're going to abduct someone.
I'm guessing on her route, but I'm thinking the coworker entered the high school through N 52nd St based on the direction she was coming from. But I'm wondering if the coworker looped around the parking lot to Bedford Av and tried to meet him en route or to see if he were walking up the hill. Or did she exit the parking lot the same way she entered? I would have looped around to Bedford, taking a quick look to see if he were nearing the high school before I left, but that's just me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Einself.the.doodle
Back