GUILTY NE - Juliette Geurts, 2, beaten to death, Gering, 11 July 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Let's separate out Evan's case from Juliette's ok? I will work on finding some msm on it.

We have been working on it guys, looks like there will be an article tomorrow. :woohoo:
We aren't sure if it will appear online or just in the regular newspaper.

IF you see an article about Evan online at this link before I post it PLEASE PM Salem! :please:

http://www.delawareonline.com/

That will be the first MSM and might mean Evan's thread can be re-posted. :please:
The link will be in my signature when it's re-opened.

Feel free to also contact media about Evan as well. Let me know if anyone needs information. :seeya:

Aye yai yai!!! :stormingmad:

Will Juliette ever receive JUSTICE???

:banghead: Trial date for Dustin Chauncey delayed until December :banghead:

The man charged in the murder of a Gering toddler gets to wait a few more months before the case goes to trial.

Dustin Chauncey appeared this morning in Scotts Bluff County District Court. His attorney Bernard Straeker had filed a motion for a continuance late Wednesday afternoon. Chauncey had a pretrial hearing scheduled for Friday; but has been delayed until November 20th. His trial is set to begin on December 16th.

http://www.kotanow.com/story/22076161/dustin-chauncey

Bree, he's in jail. :woohoo:
I can live with delays as long as he stays there. :seeya:

juliette3g.jpg

Bree, he's in jail. :woohoo:
I can live with delays as long as he stays there. :seeya:

That's true, but I'm ready to get this over with. I want JUSTICE FOR JULIETTE ... NOW!

It took long enough for it to get to this point, but the continuous delays is ridiculous.

Okay...so I'm not a patient person. :blushing:

:seeya: MsFacetious!!!

Thinking of our precious angel baby tonight! Justice is coming, Juliette!

Hard to believe that only one of these girls just celebrated her 8th birthday.

julietteg43.jpg

Yet, ANOTHER delay! :banghead:

'Justice for Juliette' case won't be tried until April

The trial against a man alleged to have killed a 2-year-old girl five years ago will be held in April.

Dustin Chauncey, 26, has been granted a second continuance on charges that stem from the July 11, 2008, death of Juliette Geurts, of Gering. The girl died of blunt force trauma injuries.

In a motion to the court, heard on Monday afternoon, Scotts Bluff County Public Defender Bernard Straetker requests the continuance, citing a shortage of attorneys in his office from June to November. Due to the workload, Straetker said, he “has not been able to devote sufficient time and attention to this matter in order to prepare it for trial.”

(snipped)

During Monday’s hearing, Dobrovolny asked Chauncey if he had any objections to continuing his trial and if he realized that he would be waiving his right to a speedy trial as a result of the motion.

“I am not happy about it, but the last thing I want to do is go to trial unprepared,” Chauncey told the court.

Chauncey faces trial on a charge of child abuse resulting in death, a Class IB felony, in the death of Juliette Geurts.

(snipped)

Chauncey has indicated in a letter to the court that he wanted a change in venue in the case; however, a formal motion requesting a change of venue has never been filed. Chauncey cited concerns about the media attention in the case.

A pre-trial conference in Chauncey’s case has been scheduled for March 14. If the case goes to trial, Dobrovolny indicated that he anticipates jury selection will take place on March 31.

http://www.starherald.com/news/loca...-8a9c-f33ef2bbcbfc.html#.Uoqpm3PSWCE.facebook

Well, boo flippin' hoo, Dustin. I bet Juliette wishes she had been granted a continuance to delay her death, but you didn't give her that option, now did you? I pray that Jury Selection will begin on March 31st. :please: That's my birthday and what a fabulous present that would be.

You beat me to it again Bree, I was wondering where you were and then you popped up again.
My sister's birthday is March 31st. :seeya:

Tonight I saw my little cousin.
Her name is not Juliette but she reminds me SO much of Juliette.

When I arrived to the party she came running up and jumped into my arms.
We danced and sang to several Christmas songs, me carrying her around.

Then she took off and played until she had really sticky candy cane hands, then she came back to me. :giggle:

When I am with this gorgeous little girl I often think of Juliette.
I'm not normally a kid person but I adore this little cousin of mine.

I will never forget Juliette and every time I see this little girl... I think of her. :seeya:

I have been a lurker for almost a month on this site. Ever since Dr. Teleka Patrick went missing from my hometown of Kalamazoo, MI. I then linked and read several other forums including this one. I tried to register several times but I have a hotmail email and it wouldn't let me.

When I completed reading this thread, it really bothered me that there wasn't more discussion about baby girl #3, A not being taken away from the mom who was a suspect in this case. It bothered me so much, I started sleuthing.

To my disgust, I discovered Charyse's facebook account which shows a profile picture of Charyse, Casey, surviving twin J and baby #3 A, from November.

They are back together I can't believe it and I am sickened. Praying for those beautiful girls and their safety. :(

27-year-old Dustin Chauncey has requested that the Nebraska Commission on Public Advocacy be appointed to represent him.

http://www.kotanow.com/story/244171...tation-from-neb-commission-of-public-advocacy

Judge approves Dustin Chauncey's request for new legal representation

-----------------------------

Judge Dobrovolny does not think that this case will be heard until at least June, 2014.
Chauncey told the judge, "I would be fine with that."

http://www.kotanow.com/story/244201...chauncey-request-for-new-legal-representation

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
froggy4
Back