NE NE - Tyler Goodrich, 35, left his house to go on a run, Lincoln, 3 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One could also argue that TG comes home from Costco...they get in a serious argument (maybe an ongoing argument at that)...things go sideways....TG leaves and does himself harm and he has not been found.

One of the earliest cases I followed was Leanne Bearden from Gardenridge, TX. She went for a walk and never came back. No indication of problems. She had been depressed and committed suicide. It took several months IIRC to find her. I hope his family can find answers quickly but I am afraid he is no longer alive.
That very possibility (self harm), is why I remain on the fence. It may also be the "elephant in the room" that no one, including family, wishes to discuss in public. How one appears on Facebook and in public with others, may not be what it is in reality. Just like Leanne's case.

I'm on the fence with this case. Though it seems sketchy on the surface, there are other possible explanations for Tyler's disappearance.

Since we have zero information about why his husband called 911, then waited until the following morning to report him missing - he could have simply thought Tyler was "cooling off" and would return.

Although not similar in facts, this situation of an encounter with LE reminds me of another recent missing persons case from California in which LE indicate an interaction with couple prior to disappearance but no specific information.

As in this current missing persons case, details on what specifically triggered the request for LE to respond at the residence might aid in better understanding of any potential risk factors that might also reveal a possible threat.

Note: Sadly, the man and woman reported missing from California were discovered deceased- the many many outstanding questions remain unanswered

Good question. I'd hope they did. There were children present and they should have checked on their well being at the very least.

But also should have done a cursory check, to make sure there was no obvious crime scene or injured person in the home. JMO
I have never seen it stated that the kids were there for sure. I don't understand how the cops could come and not check in with both parties.

Tyler Goodrich Timeline

November 3rd

LE confirmed TG was at work in Omaha and that he arrived home to his residence in Lincoln.

5:30pm TG at Costco in Lincoln- captured on CCTV- Family Statement.

7:30pm TG placed a call (not answered) and sent a text message- Family Statement.

7:41pm TG’s cell phone last ping at residence, Burnham Street- LE Press Conference.

7:45 pm MV contacted LSO with claims of a verbal disagreement between the two (MV & TG)- LE Statement.

8pm Upon arrival, TG was not located at residence. Since no criminal activity was found, LSO left the area- LE Statement.

TG cell phone activity near Southwest 10th and West Van Dorn streets, possible Snapchat activity- Family Statement.

November 4th

9:35am MV initially contacted friends and when unable to locate TG, he contacted LSO to report TG missing- Family Statement.

November 6th

Lancaster Co Sheriff’s Office served Search Warrant on residence- LE Statement.

Attorney Sanford Pollack retained to represent Marshall Vogel (Husband)- News Article KOLN.

November 7th

Thirty members of the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office and the Nebraska Department of Correctional Services conducted daytime search (approx 100 acres) in the Yankee Hill area near residence of TG and MV- LE Statement.

Parents and friends of TG attended an evening Candlelight Vigil at Pioneer Park-Family Statement.

November 10th

LSO continued area searches and were joined by two FBI Agents who are now providing assistance- LE Statement.

Massive group of Volunteers searched Wilderness Park area- News Article KOLN. .

Missing Persons Report

Tyler Goodrich, 35 years old white male is 6′1, 185 pounds with blue eyes and red hair. TG was claimed to have been last seen wearing grey shorts, grey zip-up running sweatshirt and running shoes.

TG is employed by the Nebraska Department of Correctional Services.

Misc. Information

•Per Family statement, the location at SW 13th and W Van Dorn was not a phone ping, it was a post on Snapchat.

•LE stated TG was scheduled to run the Good Life Halfsy on Sunday but did not show up.

•TG served in the Army for 6 years- Family Statement.

•Cell phone has not been located, Samsung flip phone- Family Statement.

• May 2019, TG applied to fill the at-large City Council seat vacated by current Mayor and former Council member Leirion Gaylor Baird- News Article KOLN.

Last edited:
I'm not even sure if it was a Snapchat post. His location was seen on the map part. From what I recall, when MV started calling around to friends, one of their friends pulled up Snapmap and saw he was listed as being in the vicinity of SW 13th and Van Dorn approximately 13 hours prior. I'm not sure how accurate the times are on SnapChat map.

I'm not even sure if it was a Snapchat post. His location was seen on the map part. From what I recall, when MV started calling around to friends, one of their friends pulled up Snapmap and saw he was listed as being in the vicinity of SW 13th and Van Dorn approximately 13 hours prior. I'm not sure how accurate the times are on SnapChat map.
I included the possible Snapchat activity in that area as it’s continues to be mentioned and to clear up potential confusion with connection to those street references.

I edited to include sources of information, if you notice any other edits needed please let me know.

Lancaster County Sheriff's Office | Lincoln NE

New info from the presser this morning. There is video of him running away from the house. This changes everything in my mind. Sadly, it doesn't change the outcome for me, but it changes how it happened.
The LSO also expressed, several times, that the husband is not now, nor has ever been, a suspect or person of interest. He cooperated with LE Thursday evening, and the children were interviewed. They are requesting homeowners in SW Lincoln to look at cameras from 7:41pm on the 3rd through Saturday night.

Last edited:

New info from the presser this morning. There is video of him running away from the house. This changes everything in my mind. Sadly, it doesn't change the outcome for me, but it changes how it happened.
That was my main question. Now it's been verified that there is video of him being at the house and then running from it.

Wow, my apologies. I was thinking so bad of his husband. I do hope he is just embarrassed to come back because he was declared missing. At least I hope he comes back. His kids and husband need him

There is one potentially concerning comment under the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office video on Facebook though. Of course I can't mention it on here, and, it may well not be true

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahearn
Back