NE NE - Tyler Goodrich, 35, left his house to go on a run, Lincoln, 3 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This quote from Tyler’s husband in the Dateline article is interesting:

“Marshall Vogel told Dateline that he and Tyler were discussing their relationship that night. “Things were tough. We -- we both knew that we loved each other very much. It was just maybe our -- maybe our marriage wasn’t supposed to be forever,” he said. “We talked about what a perfect night would be. And so Tyler said, ‘A movie night with our kids and pizza and just hanging out.’ “

It sounds like their marriage was over. Husband says they talked about what a “perfect night” would be. What does that mean?

"Maybe our marriage wasn't supposed to be forever" doesn't leave much room for confusion, does it? Clearly they were having problems, and quite possibly this was going to be one of their final nights together as a family.

I think that answers Tyler's likely mental state, and sadly increases the likelihood of a certain outcome.

I agree this makes the most sense, but where did he manage to go during the night such that he hasn't been found?
That's really my question. And it doesn't appear he left with any weapons or medication, etc (that we know of). TG's family seems to think somebody else ended TG's life. The "perfect night" was almost like a goodbye... so sad.

I agree this makes the most sense, but where did he manage to go during the night such that he hasn't been found?

Bearing in mind that Tyler was scheduled to run a marathon in the days after he went missing, I don't want to underestimate how far he could have gone on foot. If he ran until his legs couldn't carry him any further, he could be 20-30 miles away or more. He had all night before anyone even began looking.

A scenario that would make sense to me would be something like this: They have a conversation about the end of the marriage. But Tyler wasn’t the one who wanted that. Nevertheless, in the conversation, it is determined that the marriage is over. They make decisions about who will live where and how to share the kids. They decide to have a last “perfect” night as a family.

But despite things being “amicable”, Tyler becomes distraught as the night wears on and reality sets in. He expresses how he feels. He doesn’t want to go on if they can’t be a family. He makes statements that cause his husband to fear for Tyler’s well being. So the husband calls 911. Tyler ultimately runs out of the home, during the call.
That sounds very possible. JMO, it's also possible that one of them was having an extra-marital affair that triggered the talk of divorce. The other party was jealous and didn't want the marriage to end. Things got heated and Tyler decided to leave.

I'm still not fully accepting that Tyler was the one who got upset. I noticed when reading the first news story that someone's (Tyler?) cell phone showed a text sent, then a phone call made, but not answered. I wondered if he had a new love interest and was contacting them?

I always thought the evening of the 3rd that 911 was called for a domestic dispute but the investigator states they have the audio recording that it is more of a conversation between the couple.

But, M says they got into an argument so he dialed 911 as Tyler fled out of the garage.

Ty's father's poignant words are sad when he says his son is dead that his body is missing.
Could the difference between one saying it was more of a conversation, vs an argument, be in tone? Perhaps it was an argument without yelling or cursing, which would be more conversational, yet could still be an argument depending on what was being discussed.

Bearing in mind that Tyler was scheduled to run a marathon in the days after he went missing, I don't want to underestimate how far he could have gone on foot. If he ran until his legs couldn't carry him any further, he could be 20-30 miles away or more. He had all night before anyone even began looking.
This is a really good point that never occurred to me! Duh! He’s a marathon runner, and in perfect shape for the upcoming run! He could truly be many miles in any direction if he just ran and ran! Oh this case just baffles me!

Prayers Tyler will return safely, but barring that, that he may be found. IMO

This quote from Tyler’s husband in the Dateline article is interesting:

“Marshall Vogel told Dateline that he and Tyler were discussing their relationship that night. “Things were tough. We -- we both knew that we loved each other very much. It was just maybe our -- maybe our marriage wasn’t supposed to be forever,” he said. “We talked about what a perfect night would be. And so Tyler said, ‘A movie night with our kids and pizza and just hanging out.’ “

It sounds like their marriage was over. Husband says they talked about what a “perfect night” would be. What does that mean?
To me, a "perfect night", after reading that they were discussing that their "marriage wasn't supposed to be forever"... means, that was to be the last "perfect" night before one was leaving. It sounds to me like whoever thought their marriage wasn't supposed to be forever (so wanted to end it) wanted to do it in a loving way, showing how much he still cared for the other, as opposed to saying that and then leaving with a buh-bye. It's obvious that person cared for the other's feelings and wanted to make it a nice evening. One of Tyler's choosing.

That sounds very possible. JMO, it's also possible that one of them was having an extra-marital affair that triggered the talk of divorce. The other party was jealous and didn't want the marriage to end. Things got heated and Tyler decided to leave.

I'm still not fully accepting that Tyler was the one who got upset. I noticed when reading the first news story that someone's (Tyler?) cell phone showed a text sent, then a phone call made, but not answered. I wondered if he had a new love interest and was contacting them?
That’s possible too. I wonder what the kids have to say.

Could the difference between one saying it was more of a conversation, vs an argument, be in tone? Perhaps it was an argument without yelling or cursing, which would be more conversational, yet could still be an argument depending on what was being discussed.
But then why a call to 911? It seems like it must have gone beyond just a conversation. LE said they'd never been called out there before, either, so whatever happened was apparently out of the ordinary for them?

In a podcast done by the LSO, LE said the argument recording ended when the 911 call was placed. Thankfully, LE can probably hear everything leading up the the 911 call.

I'm wondering if M asked T to leave, but he wouldn't, or T was trying to force M to leave, and that's what led to the 911 call.

In the interview with M on his local news, he said if T was listening, to call his dad (T's dad). Imo, that might indicate their relationship status at the time T left. They were over. Whether that's suspicious or not, IDK.

But then why a call to 911? It seems like it must have gone beyond just a conversation. LE said they'd never been called out there before, either, so whatever happened was apparently out of the ordinary for them?
Exactly this.
It seems like it wasn't the norm for either of them to call the police regularly or have the police attend the property often. Personally, I fall into that same category so for me to ring the police it would have to be because of a situation escalating to the point where my safety and that of my children were at risk. I don't want to overstep or speculate too much but Tyler's husband rang the police for a reason and in the interview, it sounds like things could have easily escalated as the marriage seemed to not be in a good place at all.

I think we know all we need to know about the argument, except perhaps if there were threats of self-harm made.

Arguments between couples are so intensely personal, they're hard to impossible for outsiders to understand. If Tyler's husband said, the argument started because I took my dirty boots off in the bedroom, instead of the entryway, we'd all say that certainly wasn't enough to cause an argument of this magnitude. But inside of a relationship, when things are deteriorating, when there are allusions made to the end of the relationship? Nerves are raw, the slightest thing is devastating. Maybe one or the other saw their partner glance at a text and thought it was from a new romantic interest. It could be anything, or basically nothing at all. The important facts are, one or both partners thought the relationship couldn't go on. They tried to have one perfect night, perhaps to patch things up, perhaps to remember the good times, perhaps for their kids. Something happened to trigger Tyler, an argument ensued, and Tyler took off running. The important question now is, where is he? My guess is that he harmed himself further from his home than would be possible with a missing person who was not an elite runner.

I think we know all we need to know about the argument, except perhaps if there were threats of self-harm made.

Arguments between couples are so intensely personal, they're hard to impossible for outsiders to understand. If Tyler's husband said, the argument started because I took my dirty boots off in the bedroom, instead of the entryway, we'd all say that certainly wasn't enough to cause an argument of this magnitude. But inside of a relationship, when things are deteriorating, when there are allusions made to the end of the relationship? Nerves are raw, the slightest thing is devastating. Maybe one or the other saw their partner glance at a text and thought it was from a new romantic interest. It could be anything, or basically nothing at all. The important facts are, one or both partners thought the relationship couldn't go on. They tried to have one perfect night, perhaps to patch things up, perhaps to remember the good times, perhaps for their kids. Something happened to trigger Tyler, an argument ensued, and Tyler took off running. The important question now is, where is he? My guess is that he harmed himself further from his home than would be possible with a missing person who was not an elite runner.
I agree with all of this. I wish some of the people on one of the fb pages would ease up on wanting LE or family to release all the information about the argument. LE knows what the argument was about, they know what each man said, they have the recording. IMO, we, the general public, do not need this information. JMO.

One thing that bothers me a lot is that if he had his phone off, how could he really have gotten miles and miles and miles away, on foot, with no light? This was apparently in a rural area with little street light, and it has never been reported that he likely had a flashlight or anything like that.

At 5:30 FRI, Nov 3, Tyler is picking up pizza at Costco. Costco offers cheese or cheese pepperoni pizzas to members only. They are 18", loaded with calories and cost $9.95. Pizzas can only be ordered by phone or in person.

Pizza offers carbs that distance runners need when running the next day. The meal the evening before a run is important because it's digested so it fuels the body for the exercise.

Before 5:30pm, Tyler was already planning to serve pizza for dinner to his family. To him, a perfect evening would entail eating pizza with their "kids" while watching a movie. What movie did they choose to watch?

Why would either T or M use the plural 'kids' when the oldest was not home?
“We talked about what a perfect night would be. And so Tyler said, ‘A movie night with our kids and pizza and just hanging out.’ And so that’s what we did.” Marshall and Tyler's eldest son was at work that night

I always thought the evening of the 3rd that 911 was called for a domestic dispute but the investigator states they have the audio recording that it is more of a conversation between the couple.

But, M says they got into an argument so he dialed 911 as Tyler fled out of the garage.

Ty's father's poignant words are sad when he says his son is dead that his body is missing.
Do we know why M called 911? He says they were arguing, but who calls 911 because of an argument?

I agree with all of this. I wish some of the people on one of the fb pages would ease up on wanting LE or family to release all the information about the argument. LE knows what the argument was about, they know what each man said, they have the recording. IMO, we, the general public, do not need this information. JMO.

One thing that bothers me a lot is that if he had his phone off, how could he really have gotten miles and miles and miles away, on foot, with no light? This was apparently in a rural area with little street light, and it has never been reported that he likely had a flashlight or anything like that.

According to this link, the moon, though not full, was giving a substantial amount of light—if it had risen? Looks like it hadn’t. Wouldn’t mind if someone else checked that I read the charts correctly.

The marathon wasn't until Sunday (not that it matters that much in the grand scheme of things).
Thank you, HuskerGal. Tyler was due to start a marathon on SUN., NOV 5. Check.

My apologies for the linked pizza stuff was incidental and added bc Tyler planned pizza before he arrived home. To Tyler, perhaps he was expecting a perfect evening with pizza, hanging out with their kids and a movie. Only, the oldest child wasn't home so there was only one child, or kid, to use their word choice for child/children.
I can't understand why it's disturbing me so much that the word choice is plural when a single child was home.
Do we know why M called 911? He says they were arguing, but who calls 911 because of an argument?

We do not know why M called 911. Swartz referenced an argument and said two patrol deputies arrived and stayed half an hour. They never made contact with Tyler.

"Marshall Vogel told Dateline that he and Tyler were discussing their relationship that night. “Things were tough. We -- we both knew that we loved each other very much. It was just maybe our -- maybe our marriage wasn’t supposed to be forever,” he said." -- NBC

Tyler's siblings speak [video]

'We need a break in the case': Tyler Goodrich siblings speak out as investigators hit standstill

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop
Back