GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find odd (among other things) is that the subject of the sketch is identified as "a man that drove [Abby] away" rather than, say, 'the man who abducted her' or 'the man she ran off with'. It doesn't imply that they spent any time together. It's just vague. And if they did spend any time together, one would imagine that Abby would know quite a bit about him. LE also seems extremely noncommittal about this person's role in her disappearance.

On a side note, I would be somewhat surprised if Abby entered the truck of a fellow who looks like that sketch unless she knew him in some way already.

It all just seems so curious.

Unless he works in the sun, now. They didnt say hair color, only stubble, which made me wonder.

that made me wonder too. because they made no mention of hair on his head being any color. But the sketch seems to depict hair. Otherwise I would wonder if his head was shaved but then why would they not say so? Odd.

What I find odd (among other things) is that the subject of the sketch is identified as "a man that drove [Abby] away" rather than, say, 'the man who abducted her' or 'the man she ran off with'. It doesn't imply that they spent any time together. It's just vague. And if they did spend any time together, one would imagine that Abby would know quite a bit about him. LE also seems extremely noncommittal about this person's role in her disappearance.

On a side note, I would be somewhat surprised if Abby entered the truck of a fellow who looks like that sketch unless she knew him in some way already.

It all just seems so curious.

It is also curious that authorities say they are still trying to determine whether Abigail was taken or not. This leads me to believe someone is not talking.

I did message a moderator, but having heard back, but reading the rules thread, it does seem permissible to post a link to a known sexual offender from the registry.
This was the guy from Tamworth that caught my attention.
http://business.nh.gov/nsor/Display.aspx?offenderID=3869
I saw another one on your link. KTB; Moultonborough, NH; 5'7", late forties, eyelids/eyes look similar, but says he is blond (photo looks like darker hair). Not a real clear photo.

I saw another one on your link. KTB; Moultonborough, NH; 5'7", late forties, eyelids/eyes look similar, but says he is blond (photo looks like darker hair). Not a real clear photo.

Similar, but blue eyes, not dark brown

The wording of it was interesting....and if he drove her away, was he "merely" the driver? Did others corral her? And who dropped her off then? I wish she could give a make or model of the pick up truck.....would be nice to see how many are registered to various owners in the state since their pics should be on file. (they are here in Ontario). I'm also guessing they would have had her look thru various photos to see if she could identify anyone known to police.
I also wondered about the specific phrasing......and this is wild speculation here.....if she were to meet someone, could they have said "Mr. X will pick you up at 3 pm and he will be driving a dark blue pick up truck. Get in and he'll bring you here........." Just a thought to explain the phrasing.

They also list his eyes as blue, and his weight seems proportional to his height.
I also expanded the search into Coos country..
and found this guy, although he may be TOO short but to me he looked a lot like the sketch http://business.nh.gov/nsor/Display.aspx?offenderID=1489

This guy is blonde, but does have dark facial hair and is the right height
http://business.nh.gov/nsor/Display.aspx?offenderID=5811

Conway Police Chief Ed Wagner declined to discuss whether the man in sketch is danger to the public, but he remind people to remain vigilant. "All we're saying right now is in the press release," he said.

On Wednesday, Associate New Hampshire Attorney General Jane Young said authorities are still looking for Abby Hernandez's iPhone and necklace.

Wagner said they are putting in a lot of hours trying to get to the bottom of the mystery. They are still working on it and there is still over time involved in the investigation. The detectives work the case from Sun up till midnight.

"We're more than happy to do it," said Wagner. "We just want to find out in the end what happened. We're certainly glad she came home safe."

Wagner said if there were a criminal defendant in this case, that person would not be asked to pay restitution since the police are paid to solve cases anyway.

"It's what we do," said Wagner. "It's our job."

Wagner said police cannot predict cases like the Krista Dittmeyer murder, Abby's disappearance or the Army Barracks triple murder before they happen. So, people need to be aware of what's going on around them.

"We need to be ever vigilant of our surroundings," said Wagner adding people should report anything suspicious.

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/newsx/local-news/115486-police-look-for-suspect-in-abby-case

(I can't quote nor thank posts)

I agree with montjoy's post 120. wholeheartedly. and if she can describe the perp in such detail (regardless of how accurate the sketch is) I wish she could do the same with the truck.

"Hernandez says drove her away from Conway in a navy blue pick-up truck in October of 2013. She describes the man as having darkish skin with dark brown eyes, black stubble facial hair, and someone who was slightly overweight and around five-foot-four-inches tall."

http://nhpr.org/post/officials-release-sketch-related-abigail-hernandez-disappearance

His nose looks Strange do you think maybe he had a cleft lip? (Not sure that's what it's called sry)

I keep thinking that LE would have AH's digital/electronic footprint and would pretty much know by now regarding communication w/adult.

They also list his eyes as blue, and his weight seems proportional to his height.
I also expanded the search into Coos country..
and found this guy, although he may be TOO short but to me he looked a lot like the sketch http://business.nh.gov/nsor/Display.aspx?offenderID=1489

This guy is blonde, but does have dark facial hair and is the right height
http://business.nh.gov/nsor/Display.aspx?offenderID=5811

OMWhat! on #1! He is so super scary! That list of convictions are some kinda serious and go back to when he was quite young! I wouldn't want him anywhere near my world!

#2 was only convicted of a sex crime a couple of weeks ago. Is he out??

The way they are talking almost seems like this guy gave a ride to a place, not that he was there for the 9 months or that she had lots of contact with him, which could explain the lack of details from her. I hope they kept the footage from around the time of disappearance, though! For sure, if that truck picked her up on that day, some camera somewhere captured it! Now, they know what they are looking for, not just Abby in a car!

Could she have hitchhiked? Maybe he's a Canadian and never saw it on the news. Just speculating....

(I can't quote nor thank posts)

I agree with montjoy's post 120. wholeheartedly. and if she can describe the perp in such detail (regardless of how accurate the sketch is) I wish she could do the same with the truck.

"Hernandez says drove her away from Conway in a navy blue pick-up truck in October of 2013. She describes the man as having darkish skin with dark brown eyes, black stubble facial hair, and someone who was slightly overweight and around five-foot-four-inches tall."

http://nhpr.org/post/officials-release-sketch-related-abigail-hernandez-disappearance

Some people have difficulty really seeing vehicles and their differences, but can pick up on facial features much easier. I know I was hard pressed to describe the car my brother purchased when asked about it - couldn't remember if it was gray or black, two or four doors, and while I knew it was a Honda from conversation, I couldn't tell you what make or model it was, even after riding in it a few weeks prior. For Abby, nine months has elapsed. I'm not surprised that she doesn't have much detail about the truck.

Question ??

Did this same person drive her back to where she was found?

That would make no sense to me IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member