GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ss-crucial-chance-save-Abigail-Hernandez.html

Kibby was ordered to hand over his vast arsenal of guns after he was arrested at the start of March and charged with simple assault, criminal trespass and loitering or prowling.

Incredibly the loner, who has been described as a 'gun nut' by neighbors, actually called police and invited them to his home in Gorham, New Hampshire to seize his weapons so he would not be in breach of his bail conditions.

(snipped)

Official records show two officers went round to his property at 9.04pm on March 2013, stayed for fifteen minutes and then left with his guns.

Their visit raises serious questions as it is believed Abby Hernandez, now 15, was held on his tiny property for the entire nine months since her October disappearance.

This has been backed up by the fact investigators have focused all their search efforts on Kibby's trailer, a storage container in his backyard and a small stretch of river that runs at the back of his property. At this stage it is believed this is the only place he could have kept Abigail.

Yesterday the Attorney General's office refused to comment on the incident, but if Abigail was being held just yards away, while officers were inside Kibby's trailer, their visit will come under serious scrutiny.

Wow! Where was Abigail on the day his property was searched for guns? Maybe she went out with the 20-year-old woman who visited NK frequently, but how would NK have known to make her leave that day or hour?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ss-crucial-chance-save-Abigail-Hernandez.html

First post, here. While researching Kibby, I found something potentially significant. The name of Kibby's father is in court documents and has been published in the Daily Mail. Looking into him, I found the name of Kibby's grandfather (through the 1940 census, which had his father, as less than a year old).

That led me to this:

(Modsnip)

If my research is correct, Kibby's grandmother shot his grandfather and then herself in a murder/suicide. The gun angle is interesting, as is the possibility that mental illness is in his family history.

Also, the grandfather, Elgin, owned what is now an abandoned ski area -- Kibby slopes. The link has pictures and a description of the ski area. http://www.nelsap.org/nh/snowpond.html.

(Modsnip)

:welcome: Not Without Peril!

Fascinating find! :what:

:seeya:

Here is a site with New Hampshire's K-9 units from their Fish and Game Department. Notice that none of New Hampshires G&F dogs are cadaver dogs. Notice that none of the New Hampshire G&F wardens look like the man with the black dog in the river behind NK's trailer (see below).
http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Law_Enforcement/K9.html

Screen Shot 2014-08-02 at 2.36.03 AM.png

Maine’s Fish and Game K-9 units travel throughout the USA. They have certified cadaver dogs unlike New Hampshire. Here is a story about how Maine's F&G cadaver dogs were successful assisting after Hurricane Katrina (think cadavers under water).
http://www.maine.gov/ifw/warden_service/canine.html

After finding this information, I believe more strongly that the man with the black dog in the river was Maine's F&G J***** Judd with his cadaver dog. See post 312.

Sooooo what was found in the river behind NK's trailer?

I wonder how much of what we find fascinating at the crime scene is actually standard procedure for these guys? Suppose standard procedure tells them to take (just making this up for an example) the kitchen garbage......so it is put in a special container with all kinds of warning labels on the box/bag. We see that and imagine a whole litany of body parts or whatever. I'm glad they are being thorough, but just having certain units there, or asking about him burning stuff or digging, might be just part of the process. We attribute more to it since we are unfamiliar with it all. No doubt a lot of what we see is done to rule things out, not just to look for a specific thing.
Having said that.........it sure does make you wonder what they are looking for. And what was found in the creek.

After bail conditions were set on those charges, Kibby asked Gorham police to come to his house and pick up his weapons. Apparently, Gorham police returned the weapons before his trial. But Conway police refused to return a handgun they seized from him until after the assault/trespassing trial. In memos to the Conway circuit court regarding the assault and trespassing charges, Kibby praised Gorham police and criticized Conway police.
In one memo dated early March, Kibby states that he voluntarily turned over his firearms to "his friendly neighborhood law enforcement professionals," meaning Gorham Police.

In another memo, Kibby referred to the Conway police as an "immoral organized criminal syndicate."

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/newsx/local-news/115601-welcome-home-abby

Court records show he called Gorham police to his home March 4 to seize several guns, so as not to violate his bail conditions.
Police referred all questions to the attorney general, whose office declined to comment on the visit.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ighbors-say/xxTmpK9lpsVN1DfXVgtYoJ/story.html

Official records show two officers went round to his property at 9.04pm on March 2013, stayed for fifteen minutes and then left with his guns.

I know it's easy to criticize LE for this, but did they have the right or his permission to go searching through his home or shipping container? Or were they just there to pick up the guns, presumably offer some type of receipt, and then leave? If the neighbours didn't hear anything from the shipping container how could the police be expected to on such a short visit on other business? For all we know he could have drugged Abby and she was sleeping it off. Perhaps him having them come to his residence was a form of taunting or even a way of removing any slight suspicions from him?

From what we've learned, K is very intelligent and I think he would enjoy having LE making a trip to his home to pick up guns - totally playing by the rules - WHILE having A. hidden right under their noses.

This "gentlemanly" attitude (gag, I do not think he's gentleman!) of calling the Gorham police "his friendly neighborhood law enforcement professionals" leads me to think he did the "gentlemanly" thing of releasing A.

He plays mind games. Maybe he sees this arrest and upcoming trial as part of the big game too. It's possible he will try more tricks and taunts as the process goes on.

I agree, pinkandgreen on the dark pickup ownership...and with newguy/inthedetails regarding LE at the home.

If what I've read about him is true, he will never see he has done anything wrong. He will believe society or gov't or whomever has forced him to act or to live as he does, he is just trying to survive. With that attitude, I cannot see him confessing, or cooperating at this point. I wonder if he has access to the news? What he thinks as he sees stories of them searching the creek (or stream or river!) or asking about burning etc. It might just be a big game to him at this point.
I have heard it said he might have released her as he feared imprisonment from his latest charges, which makes sense. Just wonder what steps he took, if any, to ensure it was not all traced back to him.
When the sketch was released it said whoever took her drove a dark blue pick up truck. Is there any word of what the "drop off" vehicle was? Since it was at night, could he have sneaked her into the car, drove her to the drop off point blindfolded and let her out? She could have been in some type of minimal restraint which she got free from but not before his car disappeared into the night.

"But we still know relatively few details about what happened to Hernandez. Investigators say that's because they're trying to protect an ongoing investigation that they say still has loose ends.

"It's a love-hate relationship. Oftentimes the media is needed to aid in the investigation. But then once the investigation gets rolling, they don't want to see the media anymore," says St. Michael's College Media Studies Chair Traci Griffith. "So it's a balancing act, it really is. It's about getting information and getting information out there that's necessary and withholding certain information that might taint the possibility for a fair trial."

http://www.wcax.com/story/26175610/at-issue-media-law-enforcements-balancing-act

[snip]Perhaps him having them come to his residence was a form of taunting or even a way of removing any slight suspicions from him?

Yes! That sounds consistent with the picture of NK that is emerging.

can I ask a (possibly stupid) question bc I haven't followed that many cases, certainly not one like this.

wouldn't hospitalization be SOP for an abductee of 9 months? especially given the possibility she was held under horrific conditions in an unheated dumpster all winter? and possibly a rape kit for a minor, kidnapped by an older male?

maybe she was and we simply aren't privy...just curious. thanks in advance.

can I ask a (possibly stupid) question bc I haven't followed that many cases, certainly not one like this.

wouldn't hospitalization be SOP for an abductee of 9 months? especially given the possibility she was held under horrific conditions in an unheated dumpster all winter? and possibly a rape kit for a minor, kidnapped by an older male?

I think if she were rescued on-site it would be but since she walked home (at least part of the way), there was an assumption that she was in good enough health to avoid hospitalization. Just my take on how it ended.

I believe home is just minutes away from Memorial Hospital. A visit there or hospital staff doing housecalls would probably been very easy to arrange. MOO.

I believe home is just minutes away from Memorial Hospital. A visit there or hospital staff doing housecalls would probably been very easy to arrange. MOO.

Also, remember, ZH is a nurse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members