GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, to me that's a bit bizarre too: the bf's family runs the Missing page. Then the fact that they get leads then you hear nothing about the leads.

Where did you get the info that the bf's family runs the page?

The sole purpose of that page should be awareness and the spreading of it and how to correctly report tips

Agreed. The thing is, it's not just about the tip it's the paraphrasing that goes on when a tip is given that makes it essential that tips be relayed from the person who has it to LE.
It doesn't have to indicate nefarious intentions on the part of the person taking the tip, but LE need to question the "tip giver" themselves. It's like the old game of telephone tag, we all played it. You say something and by the time it gets to three or four people it's not what you initially said. It's like that with tips. A person might relay a tip to JC or his wife and they read into what they think the person meant and relay that to LE, this is how things get muddied and mistakes happen. I don't believe for an instant the C family would withhold anything that would help bring AH home, but they might inadvertently misunderstand what's being sent and relay faulty tips.

They were reported. Lets think about this though. If you see anything that looks like a tip, call. So assuming and hoping is useless if you don't pick up the phone and call.

If she is being "held", which I do not believe to be the case, then it seems like someone else must be unaccounted for, if LE does not know where, but knows the "who". I just do not get the impression they have any specific info at all. And my belief is still that the initial response had more to do with Celina's murder than anything specific to Abigail, but JMO. Also, if they knew the "who" I think we would have seen a SWAT-types situation, as we did with Michelle Parker, for any known address of a suspect, especially with all of those agencies involved early on.

Guys, it really doesn't matter who runs the page. I can tell you that EVERY Missing FB page is full of drama and seems to defeat the purpose. This one isn't any different.

We don't need any of that drama over here so let's move on.

The page and there are 2 so everyone knows have been huge in spreading the word!!! Not as many people would be aware without them.... it's not all bad, just that as looking said it is some people don't think and posted things that they should have directly reported to the FBI tipline

Telephone! I was just comparing the rumor mill to that the other day! Some people learn the lesson from it as a kid, some don't.

<modsnip>

I would imagine that of course that is the purpose of any missing person social media page..... but unfortunately not everyone who will post on such pages post appropriately and feel that it is a place to report tips, when in ANY case no one should EVER feel like they can not report to LE directly.... or sadly not have the common sense to do so and would rather post publicly the "hey did you hear such and such"? which in any case is NEVER helpful because that is how rumors and untruths start and spread like wildfire..... everyone should always call the designated tip line or email

Well, I really hope that LE has gotten some really good leads that is pointing them in the right direction.... I know everyone following this case wants Abby home safe and end the awful nightmare.....

deleted previous post. Apologies to our hard working mods.

I can see why the public searching might not be encouraged. Families are never encouraged to search for obvious reasons.

But I have seen quite a few cases lately where the general public is also discouraged from searching.

Sometimes the reason is LE has a suspect, an idea of what they feel happened and don't want to be tripping over well meaning searchers as they investigate.

Sometimes it is a matter of wild, rugged or difficult terrain that LE is concerned may cause injury, someone becoming lost, etc. which further complicates their investigation as resources and attention must the be diverted

I hope we hear something soon. Something encouraging would be nice.

deleted previous post. Apologies to our hard working mods.

I can see why the public searching might not be encouraged. Families are never encouraged to search for obvious reasons.

But I have seen quite a few cases lately where the general public is also discouraged from searching.

Sometimes the reason is LE has a suspect, an idea of what they feel happened and don't want to be tripping over well meaning searchers as they investigate.

Sometimes it is a matter of wild, rugged or difficult terrain that LE is concerned may cause injury, someone becoming lost, etc. which further complicates their investigation as resources and attention must the be diverted

I hope we hear something soon. Something encouraging would be nice.

i think it is a combo of no one getting hurt and lost while attempting to search and also so that potential evidence won't be disturbed as well..... people mean well of course if they want to take their time to do it, but if there is a large group of untrained people conducting a search it could be disastrous to the case.... these are mountain terrain and thick woods.... anything can happen out there

i think it is a combo of no one getting hurt and lost while attempting to search and also so that potential evidence won't be disturbed as well..... people mean well of course if they want to take their time to do it, but if there is a large group of untrained people conducting a search it could be disastrous to the case.... these are mountain terrain and thick woods.... anything can happen out there

I understand and somewhat agree, however, if I was ever in a situation where I felt that LE had stopped searching and I felt that searching could possibly find my lost family member, I would try to organize private search parties but try to do it the right way by using experienced search groups like Texas Equosearch , and the like.

There are so many things that have to be taken into consideration like getting permission from land owners if private land for example. Safety is a must too and things like that. Liability is an issue too if someone gets hurt, they could try to sue the search organizers.

So, I would most definitely try to do it the right way. As far as disrupting evidence, that would be easily handled by just making sure people are instructed to not touch anything if something is found. Something has to be found first before it can be disrupted, so I sure would not let that stop me from trying to find my missing family member. Its like someone saying...dont go in the woods and find your missing family member because you may disrupt something and then we cant prosecute them. Well, IMO, thats too bad, because I darn sure am going in those woods to find my family member since nobody has found them yet.

I suppose I am just the type that could not sit around and do nothing if I found out that nobody else is doing anything.

A case like this is tough because there really is not a focused area that is better than another place, so in this particular instance, I am not sure where I would even begin to focus. This might be the example where I too may be forced to wait for something else to surface before I could focus further. We get a sense of how hard some of these cases must be for LE.

At a minimum, i would probably walk her path home many times back and forth. That would be the minimum i would do. It never hurts to retrace even if its been checked once.

I understand and somewhat agree, however, if I was ever in a situation where I felt that LE had stopped searching and I felt that searching could possibly find my lost family member, I would try to organize private search parties but try to do it the right way by using experienced search groups like Texas Equosearch , and the like.

There are so many things that have to be taken into consideration like getting permission from land owners if private land for example. Safety is a must too and things like that. Liability is an issue too if someone gets hurt, they could try to sue the search organizers.

So, I would most definitely try to do it the right way. As far as disrupting evidence, that would be easily handled by just making sure people are instructed to not touch anything if something is found. Something has to be found first before it can be disrupted, so I sure would not let that stop me from trying to find my missing family member. Its like someone saying...dont go in the woods and find your missing family member because you may disrupt something and then we cant prosecute them. Well, IMO, thats too bad, because I darn sure am going in those woods to find my family member since nobody has found them yet.

I suppose I am just the type that could not sit around and do nothing if I found out that nobody else is doing anything.

A case like this is tough because there really is not a focused area that is better than another place, so in this particular instance, I am not sure where I would even begin to focus. This might be the example where I too may be forced to wait for something else to surface before I could focus further. We get a sense of how hard some of these cases must be for LE.

At a minimum, i would probably walk her path home many times back and forth. That would be the minimum i would do. It never hurts to retrace even if its been checked once.

Mission of the missing spent 4 days searching and state police, 100 FBI agents, Fish and Game as well as Conway officers searched for weeks and for many a square miles..... <modsnip> but all the searching in total has been very thorough, consisted of air, land and water plus all of the hikers and now hunters that are out..... they are reporting anything they think is odd........ it definitely would not hurt for another highly trained group to go out, but I would hope they would work in conjunction with LE like mission for the missing did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member