GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to remember that this is a victim friendly forum
Victims? Abby, her family and her friends.

Hey All,

My first post here (and my last one) but, as someone pretty involved in this whole thing I felt compelled to post something and also do it with a pretty up front username that would tell you I am the person who maintains the bringabbyhome.com website.

I wanted to mention a couple of things to people that I ask you all to read and keep in perspective as you post your theories and potential value judgments of other human beings

1. Everyone deals with grief and frustration differently. This is true in our community as I am sure it is in yours. Some people grieve quite vocally, some too vocally, and some internalize it. Some grieve through action, some inaction. Don't measure their caring or concern for Abby based on whether they post a lot about her. We all deal with this stuff differently.

2. For anyone who has posted about how they know someone who got "the pulse of our community" by visiting it and whether or not people are or are not talking about it, I can tell you that when over 500 people show up for a vigil on a cold Saturday night, and when every business in town has her photo everywhere (and some would say possibly even to the detriment of tourist business, to which all of the businesses would say they don't care because they just want Abby home) this is a tight knit and very caring community, and some may have theories and thoughts, but we would not necessarily be willing to share that with complete strangers and might be quite distrusting of those who ask us out of the blue. You might read into that "hiding something". I just call it "Good old fashioned New England common sense"

3. <modsnip>

4. Lastly, and even if you don't want to read anything above I posted, I do ask of you if you truly do want to help find Abby, for every day you spend on this board, also take a brief moment out of that day to go to the bringabbyhome.com website once a day, and get one of the photos of Abby and share it on your social media sites. It is truly our goal to keep her face and photo out there in as many possible places as we can. That is an actual concrete thing you can do, even when you are frustrated by lack of updates.

Thanks everyone for listening to this, and thank you for your good thoughts in the effort to continue to find Abby. We are not giving up hope and anything you can do to spread her photos would be truly appreciated.

Very well stated!! Thank you for posting this!! Oh, and welcome to WS :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

And you know I respectfully disagree. Everyone in that town has been told to shut up and keep silent by the missing site and LE, I'll be darned if I'm going to follow suit, with all due respect to both you takeitfromme and PKirsch.

I haven't seen anyone from LE or any website tell the townspeople to "shut up and keep silent." LE and various websites have repeatedly asked people to call in their tips, as has ZH, so I'm not sure where you saw that being communicated to people.

We don't know what happened to Abby. As far as we know, LE has found no clues, no signs of a struggle or planned disappearance or any communications indicating where she is. No one has been told to keep quiet about her disappearance, and if people in that town knew what happened to her they would come forward in order to help find her. Just because her friends and neighbors aren't posting things all over the internet doesn't mean they're hiding something or keeping secrets; it probably means that, like us, they simply don't know what happened.

If someone from her community is not involved with her disappearance and no one there knows what happened or who took her - if she either somehow ran away on or own or was helped to run away and/or abducted by someone who isn't from the Conway area and was taken to some other location - then gossiping about people from that community is not going to help find her.

Thank you, crickets, for being so eloquent. Xoxo

And you know I respectfully disagree. I think all this secrecy and keeping mouths shut isn't bringing this child home. The mother herself said to be on the lookout for odd behaviour in people, to not comment on that odd behaviour is useless. We're all using the board and each other as sounding boards, and we do keep it tight in regards to everyone involved in AH's life, however it's quite possible that someone she knew is responsible and we can't discount that for fear of disrespecting anyone. When it comes to getting a child home, I really don't care if someone's nose feels a bit out of joint. We all, whether we said it or not, were questioning JC's involvement, he's a character and half! Some still question his actions, but for the majority of us we all see him as a Papa Bear protecting his cubs and are happy he's fighting the good fight. Had we all not bumped it around, we'd still be sitting and wondering about him and although I don't know the man, I'm sure he'd be glad to know we considered him and bandied it around. There is a child somewhere out there missing, maybe alone, frightened and hurting and maybe even worse. There's been enough silence around this case and so far it hasn't gotten that child home. Everyone in that town has been told to shut up and keep silent by the missing site and LE, I'll be darned if I'm going to follow suit, with all due respect to both you takeitfromme and PKirsch. Maybe by keeping these threads moving and on top of the missing section we are doing something concrete, because the alternative is to do what everyone else connected with this case has done...shut up. Nope, not how I view "doing something concrete". As for putting her pics on my site, I've done that and sight lot more than some of those unmentionable kids she called friends, but again that's my opinion. I'm gobsmacked by the chiding and I'll choose to understand it's done out of the same frustration and desire to bring a child home and thrash the bejesus out of whoever took her, but silence and secrecy isn't the answer. So let's hash it out, map it, timeline it out and continue to shake the walls and hopefully something will fall out of the cracks. Just adding that appreciate your calm well-thought posts takeitfromme and I believe we agree on so many aspects of this case and I do understand your viewpoint, I simply don't agree with it. I also wanted to add along with the mappers and timeliners, the ears downstairs.

i always respect your opinion..... I mean, you're the MOM lol xoxoxox

So I woke up this morning thinking of Abby. Last evening I checked that live webcam at the place she could have been seen.

I know why if it was indeed Abby LE would not tell. She would become a target for every bad person in the area.

We really need to let LE do their job in the way they are trained to do it.

It frustrates us but...so what. So we learn..PATIENCE a wonderful virtue.

Gosh I hope we hear she has been found today.

I'm a big believer that in anything monumental...missing person, school shooting, bomb threat at your own child's school. The more information you give, the more calm the community remains and the easier your investigation becomes. BUT the local authorities nor the FBI have yet to call and ask my opinion? :lol:

What if LE has had more sightings than the two rumors we've heard? Hard to prove seeing a girl walking down the Kanc is NOT Abby. So why not alert people? What if they have say 5 and haven't been able to formally discount them? WHY NOT TELL US?

"May have been seen walking here" "May be with ___, ___ or ___"

Then you bomb that area with her face and surrounding areas. Search around the area depending upon how solid or possibly solid the tip could be. Really, at this point if there truly is nothing, why not? If you have nothing look for something using whatever information you do have.

Completely agree!!! Take those supposed sightings for example...on the Kank and in Erroll. Flood that area with Abby signs...
All of the searches performed that we know of so far have been local to the area she supposedly went missing from.. Time to fan out IMO!! It cant hurt right??:scared:

Hey All,

My first post here (and my last one) but, as someone pretty involved in this whole thing I felt compelled to post something and also do it with a pretty up front username that would tell you I am the person who maintains the bringabbyhome.com website.

I wanted to mention a couple of things to people that I ask you all to read and keep in perspective as you post your theories and potential value judgments of other human beings

1. Everyone deals with grief and frustration differently. This is true in our community as I am sure it is in yours. Some people grieve quite vocally, some too vocally, and some internalize it. Some grieve through action, some inaction. Don't measure their caring or concern for Abby based on whether they post a lot about her. We all deal with this stuff differently.

2. For anyone who has posted about how they know someone who got "the pulse of our community" by visiting it and whether or not people are or are not talking about it, I can tell you that when over 500 people show up for a vigil on a cold Saturday night, and when every business in town has her photo everywhere (and some would say possibly even to the detriment of tourist business, to which all of the businesses would say they don't care because they just want Abby home) this is a tight knit and very caring community, and some may have theories and thoughts, but we would not necessarily be willing to share that with complete strangers and might be quite distrusting of those who ask us out of the blue. You might read into that "hiding something". I just call it "Good old fashioned New England common sense"

3. <modsnip>

4. Lastly, and even if you don't want to read anything above I posted, I do ask of you if you truly do want to help find Abby, for every day you spend on this board, also take a brief moment out of that day to go to the bringabbyhome.com website once a day, and get one of the photos of Abby and share it on your social media sites. It is truly our goal to keep her face and photo out there in as many possible places as we can. That is an actual concrete thing you can do, even when you are frustrated by lack of updates.

Thanks everyone for listening to this, and thank you for your good thoughts in the effort to continue to find Abby. We are not giving up hope and anything you can do to spread her photos would be truly appreciated.

Thank you SO much for posting! Please know that we are ALL here for one reason and one reason only... To help bring Abby home safe to the people who love her. I, myself, will keep your words close to heart when posting.. I cannot imagine what it is like for her family, friends, LE, or anyone close to Abby to have to go through this.. It is truely heartbreaking..

Where are you Abby?? :tantrum:

Just wanted to say thank you Mr Kirsch for taking the time to post, we all have one goal and that is to help in any way we can to bring Abby home. I'm across the atlantic but she has touched my heart. I share her pics on SM, I have her poster, and a link to your site on my own website. (even though I am UK based the majority of traffic on my website is US based) The negative comments are few and far between, on a whole this is a victim friendly site, nobody wants to cause anyone any more pain and I want Abby's mom and family, and her friends to know that there are many many people all over the world not just the US rooting for them, and hoping and trying, in any way we can to help bring Abby home <3

So I woke up this morning thinking of Abby. Last evening I checked that live webcam at the place she could have been seen.

I know why if it was indeed Abby LE would not tell. She would become a target for every bad person in the area.

We really need to let LE do their job in the way they are trained to do it.

It frustrates us but...so what. So we learn..PATIENCE a wonderful virtue.

Gosh I hope we hear she has been found today.

Now this is using some 'Good old fashioned New England Common Sense'!

This sweet and beautiful girl could be believed to be in dire danger under many possible circumstances for which we the public do not know, for the sole reason of keeping her safe. You will be found, Abby!

i always respect your opinion..... I mean, you're the MOM lol xoxoxox

Thing is, I agree both with TOS and the sentiment that people who aren't POI shouldn't be treated as though they are, and it's a fine line to discuss things without being disrepectful. I didn't, and still don't agree, that some of the statements made about JC or JCjr were respectful or even relevant, I mean commenting on someone's personal appearance isn't necessary and it's rude and hurtful. But saying "hey that behaviour is odd" and asking for other's opinions or "If she were my child I would have called her friends first and then the police" isn't being disrepectful, in fact it's being inquisitive. And I do believe we should remember that family may come here for support and to see if anything looks like something that should be reported, but on the other hand they should do so with the full knowledge that this is like reading a chit chat that might happen about this at the local diner, you might see something or overhear something you wish you hadn't. Furthermore to firmly state that what people are doing in these forums isn't helpful is just as hurtful to those of us who have looked at maps, worked out relevant issues with timelines, listened for hours to scanners and searched high and low on the internet, been given almost no information and what information we have been given is contradictory and although we don't have weekly vigils, the hours of posts and small pieces of information that we put together should have been worthy of at least a thank you rather than a hand slapping.
I really do believe much of this is comes out of deep frustration. We have no POI to verbally bash or take our frustrations out on and we still haven't found AH, so naturally folks are turning it on each other. I get that and on that note I agree we need to refocus and go back to the facts and see if there's something we missed or overlooked. It's hard when you see the facts to not come to a conclusion and get stuck in that rut. Hopefully the next press release will have some more information. In that regard I think we also have to stop assuming things are being withheld, because that "cuzzing" just goes round and round and doesn't keep us focused on the facts. I keep trying to figure out exactly where they looked because I think we can glean a lot about what LE is thinking in regards to where she is. I also have been perusing Craigslist to see if something pops out at me, like could she have been meeting someone to pick up a bday gift. Might be worth checking out newspaper announcements too. There are so many areas to check and we've got the time to do it. I've even been looking at Namus to see if anything has come up and reading lost and found ads for the phone. If all of us did this, maybe with more eyes we'd see something. I think that phone is important, they don't have it and they need it. My worry has always been that someone found it while travelling and took it home with them intending to put an ad in the local paper once they got home. Or if she was taken out of state, maybe the abductor threw it out the window and it was found in another state, so looking on craigslist, ebay, swap/buy/sell guides, newspapers and anywhere else things like this might be listed is a good use of time and much more productive than sleuthing fb. But that's JMO. There's also namus, but there's news articles from other states, checking into RSO's lists, and I think we should also focus on the items that have been released publicly. I think there's a reason for them to be released and we should look out for those items in any news stories too. Finally, I'm still stuck on that list of girls that have gone missing in the area of the same ethnicity for the past year. Any info on those girls is nonexistent, it's so sad but there is nothing that I've been able to find and it might help to see if there is some connection between them and AH, but so far the info on any of them is something that's really hard to find but I'm sure if someone could find something about them we could all see if there's some kind of link.

I wish Paul Kirsch's post would be posted at the top of every MP case and every page of it.

Yes, we know that in a lot of cases here, some parents kill their own children. That fact does NOT mean that every MP family has deep dark secrets about their missing loved one.

Good old New England common sense. It spreads all over... but too often in a thin layer.

Add a huge dose of compassion. Sometims reading is better than posting when you have nothing of value to add.

Hi Fellow Sleuthers! :websleuther:

Just marking my spot on the new thread...

thanks, Bessie! :seeya:

Here is the Case Archive for Abigail Hernandez:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Abigail%20Hernandez%20%20-NH-#/user/crankycrankerson/library/Abigail%20Hernandez%20%20-NH-?sort=6&page=1&_suid=13844394895780916548372609425

Just in case you are new to posting/reading here, there are tons of other cases that are very interesting, take a look.

I also have Case Archives for many of them. You can access the main "library" of cases by clicking the link in my signature lines.

I will also take requests for MP cases. I rarely do anything but missing people, but I follow them from day one to trial/convictions/appeal. My email is aamandareckonwith@gmail.com

I ALWAYS welcome input and pictures, info, etc. Occasionally I do post stuff from social media. If you send me something make sure you send me the source. TY.

I just keep thinking of that sighting of Abby at the little white picnic table.

I just keep looking at that mini cam hoping to see her.

I bet LE is watching too.

I bet her loved ones are watching too.

That is where my hope lays at this time. Maybe she is staying somewhere close by and going there for something to eat.

Maybe she is ok....

Maybe....

http://www2.llcote.com/webcam.php

This is the live webcam at the alleged sighting by RM.

I keep watching it and hoping to see Abby!

Hope is a wonderful thing and I am very hopeful today!

By the way. If that was a real sighting of Abby you can bet your bottom dollar one of those cars, trucks have LE in them...watching. ;)

I guess this whole thing is just one big mystery. I don't know honeybun. It seems whenever there is the smallest of leads they get shut down immedietley. I don't get it.

Trying to step back and absorb some thoughtful posts from PK and Mom24. Without LE pressers or POIs, what you can do is obsess about the area. The snows will come soon and searching will have to end (for now), but if you were a searcher, and you were (forgive me) looking for a body, where would you look? Study the terrain, mark the natural boundaries. I know its needle in a haystacking but on Dylan's thread we spent one very long winter talking about arctic lakes and elevations and snowmelt and lo and behold, seven months later, he was found in the area we spent most of the winter studying. If Abby came to harm that day,as I unfortunately fear she did, she will be found not far from the area. Get to know the area. It is something to do while we wait. MOO.

I would search the area {and maybe they did} along North South road. New Hampshire is loaded with off the road trails. I am sure the locals have been looking but not under the direction of LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela